Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Questionable Roleplaying guilds

Quote Originally Posted by Gabipants View Post
    So does saying "Penis" and "Cum". The swear filter is poorly coded for one, and no words should be censored, especially not a historical organisation.
    Why would anyone mention their penis ingame? It’s inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Why would anyone mention their penis ingame? It’s inappropriate
    Well we don't know why anyone would mention that,
    Maybe desperate or just couldn't find an real girlfriend so just talk about it on 2D game.

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

Development Team
    I digress.

As Casey mentioned, "roleplaying" as a nazi is and should be considered anti-semitic. Do you realize that these are immature idiots? I don't think they'll learn anything if they aren't punished for it and what not. I find it rather disturbing that kids are even reenacting past tragedies and genocides. Yeah sure we all have a dark side to humour, but I don't think it's a good idea to allow these types of things in game, considering this is like what? An age 10+ game? Kids will learn wrong due to the stupidity of others.

I rather just see kids grow up than to be foolish idiots.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

HI I am from the Southridge Communist Party and many law enforcement/army groups associate themselves with communist ideology as it is our core working principle. Among the homeland security teams in southridge there are several soviet defense forces keeping southridge safe 24/7. I don't think their existence poses a threat as they keep southridge free of invaders.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

let me preface by saying i am in no way supporting nazis, but let's take a moment to think of what would happen.

say we allow these players - who are mostly children - to pretend to be nazis. this feels ludicrous to even use as a hypothetical. these kids are going to pretend to be nazis and you're expecting a community like era to keep it civil? that's not going to happen. people will take the smallest thing possible and find a way to turn it in to something to offend others. it's going to snowball in to becoming worse

hell, it is already worse if you allow a bunch of children to pretend to be nazis. how are they supposed to do that without being anti-semitic? the nazis stood completely for killing and eradicating jews and supporting the "aryan race." are they going to roleplay by saying "we don't like jews" because that's already anti-semitic. take it up a notch and they're saying "kill all jews." that's a jail right there.

i've seen people try and roleplay as arabs and pretend to be terrorists and saying "allah akbar" and that's already incredibly tasteless. you're dealing with a game that is a majority of children, allowing them to pretend to be a nazi for fun isn't good for the community, or era's image

the best thing that you era can and SHOULD do is absolutely prohibit people pretending to be nazis, there is literally nothing good that can come out of it. especially when you get a bunch of edgy teenagers thinking they're funny by being offensive

there is absolutely no tasteful way to roleplay as a nazi and the fact that you even made a thread suggesting this is insane to me, jesus christ.
    Former Era-Go.com Moderator.

Former Graalians.com Moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    HI I am from the Southridge Communist Party and many law enforcement/army groups associate themselves with communist ideology as it is our core working principle. Among the homeland security teams in southridge there are several soviet defense forces keeping southridge safe 24/7. I don't think their existence poses a threat as they keep southridge free of invaders.
    Not once has any law enforcement gang I ever seen work with a communist gang never ever happened nor has any cop gang talk about communism, or anything of that nature

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

You can roleplay as any regime under the sun and not adopt their views. Some gangs simply dress up, change their names and ranks, and do PK/turf Wars. Some go even farther by talking in German/Russian.

Implying that dressing up as a Nazi immediately means you feel strong disdain for people of Jewish origin is a pretty big leap.
    Some people just like the aesthetic or the hierarchy of ranks, and I think that's alright.

Where I draw the line, and so should the rules, is when there is a hate filled discussion with either A. Racism, B. Offensive Language, or C. Harassment.

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

Development Team
    You can roleplay as any regime under the sun and not adopt their views. Some gangs simply dress up, change their names and ranks, and do PK/turf Wars. Some go even farther by talking in German/Russian.

Implying that dressing up as a Nazi immediately means you feel strong disdain for people of Jewish origin is a pretty big leap.
    Some people just like the aesthetic or the hierarchy of ranks, and I think that's alright.

Where I draw the line, and so should the rules, is when there is a hate filled discussion with either A. Racism, B. Offensive Language, or C. Harassment.
    I personally think that anyone going under those types of roleplays or even dressing up as such is immature and immoral.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I personally think that anyone going under those types of roleplays or even dressing up as such is immature and immoral.
    I wouldn't go as far as saying that it's immoral, but it is immature. Then again, we are all immature at some point, especially kids who play Era.

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

And luckily for you, those role players are doing those exact things!
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".