Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Questionable Roleplaying guilds

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    And luckily for you, those role players are doing those exact things!
    I've seen a couple gangs who told me they simply like the costumes and the aesthetic. When you see any player, not just the roleplayers, being Racist and offensive, you should report them.

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedyn View Post
    Well we don't know why anyone would mention that,
    Maybe desperate or just couldn't find an real girlfriend so just talk about it on 2D game.

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk
    Then perhaps you haven't worked with the cops for long enough.

A portion of defense forces in southridge has communist allegiances such as USSR and iirc there's currently 2.

Im not talking about supporting Nazis that's a no-no for sure.

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

I agree with Gabipants, simply dressing up, changing names and ranks, etc, no matter how 'immoral' it may seem, does not inherently mean they are expressing hate.

To infer, simply "roleplaying" as a Nazi to necessarily mean reenacting past tragedies and genocides, surely is absurd and quite the leap
    Last edited by BlackandWhite; 08-26-2018 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Additional notes

"The world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people" -Mother Teresa
     Spoiler
    "Apple seeds average around 0.6mg hydrogen cyanide (HCN) per gram of dry seed. Since the lethal dose of HCN is estimated to be around 50mg, you will need around 85 grams of dry seeds. This is around half a cup... it requires a lot of apples."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackandWhite View Post
    I agree with Gabipants, simply dressing up, changing names and ranks, etc, no matter how 'immoral' it may seem, does not inherently mean they are expressing hate.

To infer, simply "roleplaying" as a Nazi to necessarily mean reenacting past tragedies and genocides, surely is absurd and quite the leap
    the nazis literally stood for hate. their entire belief was based on hate. how would you feel if someone was "roleplaying" as the KKK?
    Former Era-Go.com Moderator.

Former Graalians.com Moderator.

Just because Nazism stood for hate, does not mean someone simply dressing up as a Nazi is obliged or have to follow/conform to its historical meaning nor does their actions must follow suit. They may just be an admirer of historical outfits or a lover of satire. Frankly if someone was 'roleplaying' as the KKK, I would not care as long as it does not involve being hateful to other people, I would just think it is an unusual hobby.

I want to make clear that I do not condone acts of hate, or in general harassment, to other individuals, in a deliberate manner.

"The world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people" -Mother Teresa
     Spoiler
    "Apple seeds average around 0.6mg hydrogen cyanide (HCN) per gram of dry seed. Since the lethal dose of HCN is estimated to be around 50mg, you will need around 85 grams of dry seeds. This is around half a cup... it requires a lot of apples."

Development Team
    Just because Nazism stood for hate, does not mean someone simply dressing up as a Nazi is obliged or have to follow/conform to its historical meaning nor does their actions must follow suit. They may just be an admirer of historical outfits or a lover of satire. Frankly if someone was 'roleplaying' as the KKK, I would not care as long as it does not involve being hateful to other people, I would just think it is an unusual hobby.

I want to make clear that I do not condone acts of hate, or in general harassment, to other individuals, in a deliberate manner.
    Quote Originally Posted by PoeticFolly View Post
    the nazis literally stood for hate. their entire belief was based on hate. how would you feel if someone was "roleplaying" as the KKK?
    It's the fact that people are even dressing up as things that pursued hate and terror, and I'm pretty sure they're using "the aesthetic" as an excuse not be reported and such. You'd have to wonder how their roleplays go huh? Wouldn't think much different considering what they're dressed as.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

People should not dress up as gangsters. It's the fact that people are even dressing up as things that pursued hateful and violent crimes and verbally threatens people. I am going to completely undermine the genuine reason that people simply dress up as other people (and nothing more), without providing a rational argument and forget that dressing up isdifferent to hating and terrorising people in a deliberate manner.

The fact is
    The very act of dressing up as a Nazi does not provide 100% definitive, complete evidence that they act in a hateful manner to people, no matter the amount of speculation or assumptions can be made

Spoiler

People should not dress up as gangsters. It's the fact that people are even dressing up as things that pursued hateful and violent crimes and verbally threatens people. I am going to completely undermine the genuine reason that people simply dress up as other people (and nothing more), without providing a rational argument and forget that dressing up isdifferent to hating and terrorising people in a deliberate manner.

The fact is
    The very act of dressing up as a Nazi does not provide 100% definitive, complete evidence that they act in a hateful manner to people, no matter the amount of speculation or assumptions can be made
    jesus christ i really can't believe that im getting in to an arguement about something that is THIS ridiculous. the "gangsters" or the "mafia" is that one set group, but the nazis are. this is insane to me that you and others in this thread are trying to defend this, why not just say that nazis are bad? why not just say that people shouldn't pretend to be nazis because it's in bad taste? nothing is accomplished by allowing them to roleplay
    Former Era-Go.com Moderator.

Former Graalians.com Moderator.

I respect that you believe that Nazis are bad and I am no way defending the Nazi ideology. Dressing up as Nazis should be put on the stand, likewise any movement, and be criticised.

But I have a deep concern as Gabipants described, that individuals simply dressing up as Nazis are being pre-emptively jailed. It's dangerous that people in this thread are automatically presuming guilt of racism to the targeted party, only by the judgement of appearance and no true substantial evidence. These ridiculous claims along the lines of they are dressing up as Nazis so they must be reenacting past tragedies and genocides or O no don't corrupt the impressionable minds of the children or they must be spewing hate. If players are being jailed (or generally punished) just because they 'look like a bigot' then there is obviously something fundamentally wrong with the law and justice of Graal.

I don't understand this obsession of emotions and feelings in this thread, is it to be assumed that any activity, that is subjectively imposed as being 'bad taste', should be banned? Arguments of one's feelings of the subject or un-held assumptions should be shot down.

I have an philosophy which many would agree that if you are caught in an act of crime, you should be punished accordingly. Faulty assuming all Nazi dressers are automatically breaking the Graal guidelines (Racism, Offensive Language and Harassment etc), is mind boggling.

I do not know how to make my point clear. No one is defending Nazi ideology and if I must simplify my argument, suppose I dress up as a murderer on Halloween, I would expect the distinctions that I don't actually murder people would not require high order thinking.

Spoiler

Can anyone of you tell me how do you dress as a Nazi ingame? Upload Hitler’s pixelated head? Or add the Nazi symbol on your bodies?
    “It was used by the Nazi Party to symbolize German nationalistic pride. To Jews and the enemies of Nazi Germany, it became a symbol of antisemitism and terror. In many Western countries, the swastika is viewed as a symbol of racial supremacy and intimidation because of its association with Nazism.“