Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why your player count dropped.

As I've said there are several reasons.

The game caused this all themselves. Can't blame anyone but the management.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

I don't think the nerfs and lack of rewards are the direct causes of iEra's dropping player base. Games come and go; even GTA V and Minecraft (Microsoft kinda killed it with Better Together but still) are loosing popularity as new games come to replace them. It's just the cycle of video games ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by iHit View Post
    You forgot the major gun nerf... A great amount of people wasted IRL cash (like more than 70$, which is enough to buy The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Game of the year edition aka the best game of all time 3.5 times, considering you get it on sale) just to have their guns nerfed to the point where a gun costing much less can be better and more worth the investment. 2 of my at the time best friends quitted the game cause of that gun nerf and still have not came back.
    No. GTA and Fable are the best.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Zany
    Quote Originally Posted by iHit View Post
    So staff does not get paid??? This game is what it is because of good staff members and what do they get in return?? Not even a thank you?? This game is the biggest pay2win sht I have seen so far and most people have invested well above 70$ into this game and all the money goes to people that don't give a sht about the game and just count the profits while they wait for the game to die?.. Like seriously tho. Why are staff members not speaking up about this?
    We get paid in gralats/EC. This is universally known, and we wouldn't apply for the position if we wanted real money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    As I've said there are several reasons.

The game caused this all themselves. Can't blame anyone but the management.
    There's much more to it than that. The players decide to leave because they decide to leave. But you can't say every single player left because of management. Admittedly, there's no reason to play the blame game, because for many players there's nobody to blame for their reasoning to leave. This has been gradual for years, as it is with most games, and you can't take current problems and use it as why people of the past decided to leave. Although management, updates, or lack thereof may be part of the reason, it's also just the fact that the game runs the way it does, by volunteers who (therefore) won't have consistent quality sometimes, which is when trial and error runs its course. That's not a bad thing, but is viewed as such because it delays the current updates for better future updates. Because there's no way to truly ever know why everybody would leave, it's unfair to blame it all on management.

All online games, with a long period of time, will lose players. The main players from the game's golden days are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post
    We get paid in gralats/EC. This is universally known, and we wouldn't apply for the position if we wanted real money.

- - - Updated - - -

There's much more to it than that. The players decide to leave because they decide to leave. But you can't say every single player left because of management. Admittedly, there's no reason to play the blame game, because for many players there's nobody to blame for their reasoning to leave. This has been gradual for years, as it is with most games, and you can't take current problems and use it as why people of the past decided to leave. Although management, updates, or lack thereof may be part of the reason, it's also just the fact that the game runs the way it does, by volunteers who (therefore) won't have consistent quality sometimes, which is when trial and error runs its course. That's not a bad thing, but is viewed as such because it delays the current updates for better future updates. Because there's no way to truly ever know why everybody would leave, it's unfair to blame it all on management.

All online games, with a long period of time, will lose players. The main players from the game's golden days are gone.
    most of the problems in era is caused by the management. sometimes i ask myself if they even listen to players feedbacks. most of the people that quitted is due to the reasons that got discussed in this thread.
    You can contact me via discord: killjoy#3040

There’s always potential for improvement; Era has always been that way, and it always will.

Having seen the game from 2002 to 2017, there has always been efforts towards improvement in one avenue or another. The game is unique in that it aims to satisfy multiple types of players, simultaneously operating in several genres — it’s a rough juggling act; bound to see some ebbs and flows, as well as plateaus.

I’ve always particularly been interested in the combat side of this genre - that unique blend of “bullet hell” and team pvp— to this day I don’t think it has even scratched the surface of what it is capable of.

But there is tomorrow, and next year — and as long as there is a senior management team that is interested in creating a massively successful game, there is hope.

At the end of the day, it’s a business; and as such, all parties will benefit from client retention and growth.

- - - Updated - - -

If the game did make an effort to get more players to play/keep the players without causing so much problems that could have been prevented, such as the mass resignation and hosting of GST etc, there would have been more players entering than those leaving. The player count would not have dropped then.
    Of course I understand that not all quit because of the management, but the situation was not remedied by the management either.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Zany
    If the game did make an effort to get more players to play/keep the players without causing so much problems that could have been prevented, such as the mass resignation and hosting of GST etc, there would have been more players entering than those leaving. The player count would not have dropped then.
    Of course I understand that not all quit because of the management, but the situation was not remedied by the management either.
    Well, keep in mind both those examples are complicated. Some of the staff that retired in the resignation actually already were planning to for things like family, real jobs, etc, and the timing was just there. I understand what you're saying of course, you have validation in what you're saying, but those things were not easily preventable by any means.

Well, keep in mind both those examples are complicated. Some of the staff that retired in the resignation actually already were planning to for things like family, real jobs, etc, and the timing was just there. I understand what you're saying of course, you have validation in what you're saying, but those things were not easily preventable by any means.
    Doesn't this prove that being paid in gralats/EC can only go so far, and more reasons why professionals (i.e. non volunteers) should be hired as a job and be paid something more tangible and pragmatic

"The world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people" -Mother Teresa
     Spoiler
    "Apple seeds average around 0.6mg hydrogen cyanide (HCN) per gram of dry seed. Since the lethal dose of HCN is estimated to be around 50mg, you will need around 85 grams of dry seeds. This is around half a cup... it requires a lot of apples."

Zany
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackandWhite View Post
    Doesn't this prove that being paid in gralats/EC can only go so far, and more reasons why professionals (i.e. non volunteers) should be hired as a job and be paid something more tangible and pragmatic
    I don't think it's a bad thing to use volunteers, because it allows new people with new talents, ideas, and styles to come in and out and provide things that previous staff may not have thought of. It allows further variety, although it may make things take more time and have to go through things like trial and error.

Banned
    2. Mass Resignation 2017

The Mass Resignation and removal of several popular and important staff such as Anero, Kirzey, Reno, Zenthor and Vendhin and the subsequent replacement of them with other lesser known staff has alienated many of the old players. With news of HW's poor management being leaked to the public, it will definitely not garner the support of old players.
    This this this this this this this ^^^.

You guys are surprised that a completely pay2win with 1 and a half devs is dying?LOL.