Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Why your player count dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
    most of the problems in era is caused by the management. sometimes i ask myself if they even listen to players feedbacks. most of the people that quitted is due to the reasons that got discussed in this thread.
    Most of the fixes are caused cause of management too
    Admins - - ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post
    I don't think it's a bad thing to use volunteers, because it allows new people with new talents, ideas, and styles to come in and out and provide things that previous staff may not have thought of. It allows further variety, although it may make things take more time and have to go through things like trial and error.
    It's not like non volunteers can't too come up with something new to the table or add variety. Why not skip the whole trial and error process & time consuming process and hire non volunteers who can 100% commit to the game and have professional knowledge in their work. Instead of individuals who don't have a stable schedule and must focus on school, job etc. Imagine the the much larger amount of new talents, ideas, and styles that can come in from a solely dedicated staff member.

I'm not saying volunteers are bad or have to be removed, but it is limiting for graal era to only rely on them, in term of development and number of updates

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iHit View Post
    Most of the fixes are caused cause of management too
    This isn't math. Let's say that Killjoy is right that "most of the problems in era is caused by the management" the case that, "most of the fixes are caused cause of management to," doesn't suddenly negate the fact or justify creating problems. And if it does give justification then why?

You gotta add substance to your words...

"The world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people" -Mother Teresa
     Spoiler
    "Apple seeds average around 0.6mg hydrogen cyanide (HCN) per gram of dry seed. Since the lethal dose of HCN is estimated to be around 50mg, you will need around 85 grams of dry seeds. This is around half a cup... it requires a lot of apples."

i really dont understand why unixmad doesn't invest money in to this game. if he were to hire some actual professional devs that could devote a lot of their time and resources to this game, there could be some major improvements.

i mean hell, he makes enough money he should be willing to drop a couple hundred bucks to keep his cash cow running
    Former Era-Go.com Moderator.

Former Graalians.com Moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticFolly View Post
    i really dont understand why unixmad doesn't invest money in to this game. if he were to hire some actual professional devs that could devote a lot of their time and resources to this game, there could be some major improvements.

i mean hell, he makes enough money he should be willing to drop a couple hundred bucks to keep his cash cow running
    Neither of us can say that graal’s income is low. We know it isnt, perhaps relative to other games it might be. I can only infer that it must be scary to try and start something like that, a business totally reliant on unstable and fluctuating income.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

Quote Originally Posted by iMagicBae View Post
    Neither of us can say that graal’s income is low. We know it isnt, perhaps relative to other games it might be. I can only infer that it must be scary to try and start something like that, a business totally reliant on unstable and fluctuating income.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    the entire game is based around a P2W schematic and with 5 (?) iphone servers, he's making a decent amount of money with all of the micro transactions. the game has been making money since the 90's so i would assume unixmad is doing pretty well for himself.
    Former Era-Go.com Moderator.

Former Graalians.com Moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticFolly View Post
    the entire game is based around a P2W schematic and with 5 (?) iphone servers, he's making a decent amount of money with all of the micro transactions. the game has been making money since the 90's so i would assume unixmad is doing pretty well for himself.
    the game is a cashcow so don't expect any investments. This also explains the volunteer based administration.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post
    The problems were most definitely not band-aid type ones, that’s for sure. And multiple people were working on countryside, however it was a particular staff’s “baby” if you will.

My comment was mainly just to be multi-sided and explain other ways of viewing the slowing player count.

These problems are being worked on but keep in mind how big they are and how many other things are being worked on at the same time.

Sorry if that’s going off topic though. ^

I completely agree with you, and yes these problems arent able to be solved solely with quick fixes. My issue is however, that rather than do ANYTHING to make the problem less pronounced, nothing is being done at all. While there are other important things to work on keep in mind basing was one of the biggest if not the biggest activity Era has to offer. The fact that its in such a sorry state should be raising alarm bells. The holiday shops or a new crypt mode are not nearly as important as basing is to the game. Furthermore a mass majority of players have complained about basing continually, minus the few people that actually benefit from the current system. I think I can speak for everyone when we say we dont expect miracle changes overnight. But addressing the problem and doing something while a major project is on pause would really benefit the community, as well as restore the faith many people lost in the staff team.

We dont want new hats, we dont want new guns, we dont want more holiday shops, we want fixes

Era needs more developers that are dedicated to adding things that can bring in new players. An issue with graal is that it isn't very fun to start playing this game, it seems very pay to win and very hard and time consuming to build up a decent profile. Its hard to find much entertainment in pay to win games. There needs to be some more things implemented for new players in my opinion.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by S and M View Post
    Era needs more developers that are dedicated to adding things that can bring in new players. An issue with graal is that it isn't very fun to start playing this game, it seems very pay to win and very hard and time consuming to build up a decent profile. Its hard to find much entertainment in pay to win games. There needs to be some more things implemented for new players in my opinion.
    It's only considered p2w because the population keeps expanding yearly. Back then you could easily get a BAR within a week of digging only.
    So don't be surprised if the game suddenly decreases spawn rates in future because it's to balance it out anyway.