Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Opinion on the floss update?

Zany
    Quote Originally Posted by S and M View Post
    I️ like how dances are more of a concern over, improving things in this game lol.
    Just because they’re making small updates doesn’t mean they’re not working on anything else behind the scenes. “Improving things in the game” takes time and the staff adding small updates (like the players wanted) does not mean they’re prioritizing said small updates over everything and every other dev is sitting around twiddling their thumbs. You may not see them working on it, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t at all.

You can’t ask for regular updates such as this one and then complain when you get it.

Banned
    I like the new animations and the small updates are nice, however I would agree there are other things that should be worked on to fix the state of the game.

Development Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasim View Post
    I like the new animations and the small updates are nice, however I would agree there are other things that should be worked on to fix the state of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by S and M View Post
    I️ like how dances are more of a concern over, improving things in this game lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post
    They are doing that. You may not know what they're working on, but that doesn't mean they're all twiddling their thumbs and a single staff was like "hey, stop everything, make dances!" . It's not one thing is made and nothing else is being worked on. Keep in mind how many things simultaneously and gradually are being worked on and made. Not everything necessarily needs a huge purpose but at least small updates like these allow players to know they are doing something. They might not be telling you directly "hey, I'm making a new event!", but that doesn't mean they're not working on anything either.

I like the new update. It's something small that adds a bit more personalization, and iMask directly took ideas from players, which something so many complain about not happening. It may not be a huge thing with a huge purpose, but it's something, and something is always better than nothing while we're waiting for bigger things.
    Refer to Zany's comments ya noobs.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post
    They are doing that. You may not know what they're working on, but that doesn't mean they're all twiddling their thumbs and a single staff was like "hey, stop everything, make dances!" . It's not one thing is made and nothing else is being worked on. Keep in mind how many things simultaneously and gradually are being worked on and made. Not everything necessarily needs a huge purpose but at least small updates like these allow players to know they are doing something. They might not be telling you directly "hey, I'm making a new event!", but that doesn't mean they're not working on anything either.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the new update. It's something small that adds a bit more personalization, and iMask directly took ideas from players, which something so many complain about not happening. It may not be a huge thing with a huge purpose, but it's something, and something is always better than nothing while we're waiting for bigger things.
    big projects? lets all not forget how the old big projects ended.
    You can contact me via discord: killjoy#3040

Zany
    Quote Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
    big projects? lets all not forget how the old big projects ended.
    Those projects were discontinued for several reasons, which is why we don't share when they're being made so it doesn't build expectations.
    Big, or even moderate projects require a lot of people, a lot of coding, and a lot of time. This is why some fall through and some don't. This doesn't mean that no more are allowed or able to be made, however.

Patience and appreciation is key. Until then, being grateful for small updates like this one is never a bad thing.

Banned
    While some changes and big projects are designed to make the game have more to do like countryside for example, others are made to fix core fundamental issues within the core gameplay of Era. I've basically repeated this on every thread that has to do with updates but the basing rework is one of those projects. We have the right to expect solutions to things we deem as issues. These small projects and quality of life changes should be appreciated by the community, but by the same token cannot remove the need to address issues that still remain prevalent in the game. Finally, I think that all projects both big and small should be revealed and shared with the community, it brings the community as a whole together and allows feedback on what the overall thoughts are of the project. Otherwise this becomes an us vs them type situation, and in these cases there is never a party that benefits from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilder94 View Post
    Could any of you admins, like.. finish something that was started that's bigger than stealing a crap idea and making it in a day calling it an update and wondering why there's so many complaints

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be less annoyed if at least every now and then some fixes were put in but no they're always half *** "big updates" or small cosmetics that nobody wanted except a random admin thought.

Listen to the players or continue to be despised.
    Or get hired yourself so you dont have to keep complaining

Quote Originally Posted by iMonkey View Post
    Or get hired yourself so you dont have to keep complaining
    Ok Lemme access to some staff acc

Era Newspaper Staff OmgItsFallen's Avatar
    Everyone needs to understand, every little detail put into this game takes time.
    These staff members are not paid, they do it because its what they like to do.
    Yaknow how long it takes to make something so simple? Usually it’s not days, it’s weeks sometimes months. Yet everytime something cute or new is brought up its “Why this?! Why that?! Why not THIS.”
    That’s like when you clean up the kitchen for your mom, to be nice, she comes in and asks why you didn’t clean the bathroom. It makes you feel a little unappreciated... that’s how the staff members feel when they work on something and it’s just “why not thisssssss.”
    I understand you guys want new updates, server issues fixed, and so many other things. However not everything players want is reasonable, or can be done fast... that’s why a lot of planning is done MONTHS in advanced.
    Small, cute ideas can be done faster... and a lot of small ideas can be added into bigger ones.
    Why don’t we change the outlook given, instead of complaining about what’s not?
    We appreciate positive outlook, and criticism, it’s what makes us all better. However this is nowhere to bash work done.
    We are all on the same team guys

Zany
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilder94 View Post
    Could any of you admins, like.. finish something that was started that's bigger than stealing a crap idea and making it in a day calling it an update and wondering why there's so many complaints

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be less annoyed if at least every now and then some fixes were put in but no they're always half *** "big updates" or small cosmetics that nobody wanted except a random admin thought.

Listen to the players or continue to be despised.
    (Long comment, don't read if you don't plan on reading the entire thing)

I cannot comprehend the level of spite and hatred you seem to have for the people who contribute to this game. It's insane that you hold this much ill feelings for an entire group of people, all individual to one another. Things are being fixed, it's just not exactly what the players want or realize. The speedy pizza change was a fixed bug, and people were mad for staff fixing it, but you can't pick and choose what bugs are fixed and not fixed. Those "half -" updates take more effort, time and people than you seem to understand, and you can't expect to ever be pleased by what is put out so long as you continue to be this closed minded and quick to insult.

The staff teams do listen to the players. But not everything is going to be exact, verbatim from the players. Era can only handle certain things based on how the game is in its essence, and only so many staff can make these huge updates that everybody seems to have high expectations for, and it's setting the staff who work so hard up for failure. Instead of complaining every single time an update is put out, then complaining every single time that time passes without an update, be patient and grateful for the hard work that's put into this game. Just because you don't know what is being made, just because bug fixes aren't obvious or don't affect you, just because they put out a few smaller updates that don't have one huge purpose, does not mean that they sit there, ignorant and lazy, twiddling their thumbs, not a brain in their skull how some people make them out to be.

Frankly, I'm sick of seeing things like this. It's one thing to criticize, it's one thing to suggest ideas. It is completely, 100% different to flat out insult and harass all the staff as a whole, and their work. I'm sorry they don't meet your expectations, but that doesn't mean they aren't trying, and it's honestly painful at this point how much people show extreme, extreme hatred and spite towards staff.

This is not meant as an attack, but I'm also beyond frustrated at how much toxicity is spewed.
    I want no pity, attack me as you please. Sorry to moderators if this is off topic. My intention is most definitely not to drag the post off topic.

We're not all a bunch of people pitted against each other, we're all human, we all are trying, but attacking will lead to nothing but further problems. <3