Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: National Suicide Prevention Day 2018

Zany

National Suicide Prevention Day 2018

Hey guys,

I know I'm a bit late for those on the opposite hemisphere to mine, but I did want to draw attention to the fact that today, now-late September 10th, is National Suicide Prevention Day. This is important for all mediums, whether it be online, in a game, or in real life.

I personally struggle with many mental health problems, and know many, many people who do as well and have struggled with suicidal actions/thoughts.

There are so many obvious red flags that tend to be completely bypassed. We live in a time where self depreciation and mental health problems are seen as a fad, and if not a fad, it's assumed to be something people use to garner attention. It's viewed extremely flippantly and people don't realize that by noticing those who are struggling the most, they could be saving a life. People who have depression may seem hard to get through to sometimes, but with patience, support, and love, you may be somebody who keeps them on this planet when they have a long life ahead of them, a life where they won't feel the way they do in the time being forever, where they can recover from their problems.

It's not something that can be understood unless you are in somebody's shoes. Depression is not a simple thing, despite many misconceptions and beliefs.

If you are struggling with mental health problems, I understand it is not a war easily won. You're fighting one of the most dangerous things a person can fight - your own mind. It isolates, it fogs how you think, it ruins your life in many ways. But you will make it. You've made it this far. You have a life that is ahead of you, where you will not feel like this the entire time. You may feel lower than you ever have before, but that means you can only start to feel better. You may not see a future for yourself, but don't ruin the chance you have at having one you don't realize exists. You have opportunity in life to feel better once again. It's a slow process, it takes baby steps, but you will be okay, and millions are living proof of such. Never, ever be afraid to reach out for help, because it is impossible for anybody to fight something like this by yourself. It's a lot of trial and error, with different treatments and people. But it's not one and done, don't let it discourage you, because once you stop trying is when you start losing yourself.

For those who know somebody who is struggling with mental health problems, reach out to them. Don't try to find an explanation for it, don't try to minimize it, and, strange as it sounds, don't try to understand it. Just tell them how much you care, that you're there for them. Show them your support, help them without conditions or judgement, because it's a battle you can't fully understand. For more resources on what to do, is this link: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.or...-someone-else/

Today more than ever, we need to spread love and understanding, because what one person may see as normal and simple may be a daily battle for another.

<3

Leveler
    Way too many people suffer and take their own life. If people need help please press the link and go to the site, it can get better.
    Feel free to ask any question!

iZone Levels Admin

Development Team
    Thank you for bringing awareness Zany. <3 Truly helpful and kind.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Yea guys don’t kill yourselves that’s not good

Development Team
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Yea guys don’t kill yourselves that’s not good
    Wow such motivation. Can u b a guest speak0r @t h1sHscO0ls?

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Wow such motivation. Can u b a guest speak0r @t h1sHscO0ls?
    Sure

Kahooting yourself is kinda messy and inconvenient, so don't do it <3

"The world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people" -Mother Teresa
     Spoiler
    "Apple seeds average around 0.6mg hydrogen cyanide (HCN) per gram of dry seed. Since the lethal dose of HCN is estimated to be around 50mg, you will need around 85 grams of dry seeds. This is around half a cup... it requires a lot of apples."

Development Team
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackandWhite View Post
    Kahooting yourself is kinda messy and inconvenient, so don't do it <3
    Gee, that's comforting.

Spoiler

Zany
    I'd appreciate the thread not being joked about as it's an incredibly important and hard hitting matter to many. Joking about it takes the meaning away for some.

<3 thank you

I'm two weeks late, but I don't care...

Anyway, I'm not sure if other schools within the United States did this, but NSP lasted for a full week, and the principal rounded up the school on Friday to talk about it.

I'm not sure how many people attended the assembly as I didn't go, but some say 2-3/4ths of the school went and I'm not sure what happened next...

But the moral is: don't do anything rash, you have people supporting you <3