Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fixing PK - or at least trying.

AK-47 Fixing PK - or at least trying.

The current state of pk relies heavily on spamming overpowered guns. While this thread is not aimed directly toward balancing guns, I will rely on certain broken guns to demonstrate.

These are general changes to PK I would like to see implemented to reward skillful mastery of weapons, instead of spamming Bitzsam's arsenal of "What god weapon should i make next?".
    For the record, I believe the following guns to be broken, and need a desperate rework:
    - PBP (Instead of 4x3 damage, nerf to 4x2.5, nerf ROF as well.)
    - Mini (Add a heating period before firing)
    - Chem (Nerf ROF, Damage and bullet spacing, as it's practically a lazer weapon.)
    - DarkMatter (A constant lazer weapon? Are you serious Bitzsam? Remove it and give a full refund.)
    - PSG-1 (Nerf ROF, it's a sniper for god sake.)

1. Reduce spam and reward moving players
    I suggest that if players stand in a 6x6 tile area for 6 seconds or more, their health bar will be visible to all players for 10 seconds, even when leaving the area.
    Standing still in the same 6x6 tile radius for more than 10 seconds will make the spammer's health decrease by 5 per second.
     Spoiler
    Concept art

2. Rewarding streak players
    Getting a streak involves winning every fight, so I suggest upon getting a streak, the player's health will be completely replenished.

3. Death timer
    A prevalent broken strategy is the PBP/Chem Gas combo, which involves gassing a dead body to melt them instantly as they respawn.
    I suggest increasing the invulnerability timer received on respawn, as most of the time, you can't even get away before getting melted in 2 seconds.

4. Start spam
    With start park as a highly populated area, it's no surprise why it's always completely surrounded with PKers.
    I suggest adding a high speed underground area linking all hospitals and popular areas. Add a couple shops and cool areas down there to get people to use it, and you have a safe way to travel between parks.
    Hopefully this will disperse the large amount of pkers around the Start hospital.
     Spoiler
    Concept art

General ease of use
    a. I suggest adding a toggleable button over your two weapon hotkeys for immediate access to the inventory. This button could be removed in the settings similarly to the Help button.
    b. As well, I think the dual weapons need to be reworked. Instead of clicking twice to toggle single and dual wield, I suggest holding the gun icon to change the fire modes.
    c. Now for weapons with additional icons (Lightsaber, Brella, GM4, or any gun with two firemodes requiring another box next to the item) I suggest adding an option to slide to collapse the icons as to free up more screen space.
     Spoiler
    Concept art

Hopefully I brought up some good points, feel free to drop more suggestions.

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

Exotics and Chem are pretty hard to come by so those guns should not be touched anymore.

The gun nerfs we already got are enough.. PKs are hard to get anyways. I play since 2013 and I still don't have the PSG1.. It took me less time to get to my 5000 spar wins (got reseted ) than It took me to get to my 100000 pks.

If they did make something like metro to all the popular locations than the streets would be pretty much empty.

Rewarding streakers should be implemented but after all winning every fight should not be a part of pking as you need much more pks for a reward than spar wins.

Only thing that should be added is the death timer (a period of time in which you don't take damage but also can't deal damage after you respawn) There should be a timer like on top of your character when you respawn that shows you and other players how much time is left.

I agree with everything you named on the 5th point.
    Admins - - ERA

Quote Originally Posted by iHit View Post
    Exotics and Chem are pretty hard to come by so those guns should not be touched anymore.
    Valid argument - but as more and more players are getting Chem these days, it's become a common sight in the streets. I think by principle, Chem is too overpowered.
    Bitzsam has this weird god complex where he wants to surpass his last Tacticool weapon every time, so we get progressively more broken God guns lifted straight from Destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabipants View Post
    Valid argument - but as more and more players are getting Chem these days, it's become a common sight in the streets. I think by principle, Chem is too overpowered.
    Bitzsam has this weird god complex where he wants to surpass his last Tacticool weapon every time, so we get progressively more broken God guns lifted straight from Destiny.
    Chem costs 200 ec, that takes forever to get. Same with exotic coin weapons those are close to impossible to get. I️ dont see the reason to nerf those since they are so hard to get and should be somewhat over powered, if chem gets nerfed why wouldnt people just by a flame instead, I️ mean flames allowed in bases and chem isnt...

Quote Originally Posted by S and M View Post
    Chem costs 200 ec, that takes forever to get. Same with exotic coin weapons those are close to impossible to get. I️ dont see the reason to nerf those since they are so hard to get and should be somewhat over powered, if chem gets
    nerfed why wouldnt people just by a flame instead, I️ mean flames allowed in bases and chem isnt...
    No matter how hard the god weapon is to obtain, eventually, more and more players will get their hands on it, it's only natural.
    I don't think guns with a constant stream of bullets being able to melt you in 3 seconds helps balance.

No matter how hard the god weapon is to obtain, eventually, more and more players will get their hands on it, it's only natural.
    Well how is that fair to the people that have had it for a long time now. Whats the point of making a weapon op if its going to eventually be nerfed once too many people get it. Thats pretty much false advertisement for the people who originally bought it.

Well how is that fair to the people that have had it for a long time now. Whats the point of making a weapon op if its going to eventually be nerfed once too many people get it. Thats pretty much false advertisement for the people who originally bought it.
    I understand the concern. Sadly there isn't much you can do to not anger the community while changing weapons.

I understand the concern. Sadly there isn't much you can do to not anger the community while changing weapons.
    If there going to nerf guns, they should be offering refunds, at least for guns earned through events and such

Just don't add overpowered hard to get guns??
    Admins - - ERA

Banned
    If they're going to nerf guns, they should be offering refunds, at least for guns earned through events and such
    There's no such thing as hard work if refunds were to be implemented.
    It's gonna be an endless cycle of you getting what is better than the other.

Cut the refund idea crap, it's time people get real towards ideas.