Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Years Later, Server is Dead.

2 Years Later, Server is Dead.

Hello, my name is Bill, I lead a gang named Catalyst. I was just curious when the downfall of this game began? I quit 2 years ago, and I came back a month or two ago, and it seems like everyone is gone. Will there be any efforts to fix the downfall of this game? Will the game eventually just die out?
    Curious to what people have to say.
    Thanks

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Hello, my name is Bill, I lead a gang named Catalyst. I was just curious when the downfall of this game began? I quit 2 years ago, and I came back a month or two ago, and it seems like everyone is gone. Will there be any efforts to fix the downfall of this game? Will the game eventually just die out?
    Curious to what people have to say.
    Thanks
    When 17 staff members resigned at once.

No, I'm joking, that actually happened, but it didn't really signify anything as they were replaced fairly quickly.

Uh, there's been un-linkings (some even unjustifiable), unnecessary jailings, I know those have discouraged a lot of people.

The basing, trading and sparring metas have depleted significantly, and personally, I feel like it's also because of a dropped playerbase.

The game started dropping with time as well, I think everyone just got tired of the lack of development and when something was actually made, it was more of a hit-or-miss.

Hopefully something significant happens soon and there's an uptick in player count, but at this point, it's just a matter of when and how. As of now, it's a work in progress, but I feel like it's going in the right direction when it comes to development.

(inb4 a staff member comes in to say 'it's just because of the time of year')
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    It’s been ongoing for a long while. Within the past year has been the worst. August 18th 2017 or so was the date that many highly regarded Era staff left for “non-related” reasons. Since then, the game has been a whirlwind of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I personally think that it’ll never be the same unless they allowed previous staff on the team, which is HIGHLY unlikely, mainly the ex-staff teams’ side. (*cough cough*, trying not to get banned, *cough cough*)

From the looks of it, Era is dying, I just hope staff are working on something that’ll bring back some players

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

SEAMAN
    I hope so...

It is just that the game is getting uncompetitive.

- - - Updated - - -

And more reasons like failure of GST.

I feel like the nerf of bar, and the unbalance of guns made a huge impact aswell. I get bar was overpowered, but bitz didn't really do the server any justice cause there is still unbalance.
    Also, is there anyway I could apply to be a Gang Admin, not the type that deals with rewards, maybe one that updates bases, makes changes within ally systems, etc.
    Ive been basing for around, 8? or so years, and I currently have a gang thats top like 15. Im just curious if theres any position I could get to help out the server. Thanks

Certainly you can point toward the mass resigning of staff, or the BAR nerf to prove a point, but I believe it's for one reason: Era isn't as apealing.
    People who have picked up Era in 2010-2014 started playing when the App store was pretty primitive, and large MMOs weren't as popular as they are now. Let's face it, Graal's engine is extremely old, and kids are busy playing Fortnite.

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

Quote Originally Posted by Gabipants View Post
    Certainly you can point toward the mass resigning of staff, or the BAR nerf to prove a point, but I believe it's for one reason: Era isn't as apealing.
    People who have picked up Era in 2010-2014 started playing when the App store was pretty primitive, and large MMOs weren't as popular as they are now. Let's face it, Graal's engine is extremely old, and kids are busy playing Fortnite.
    Can't blame it all on popular games. Kids were busy playing Minecraft back in 2010-2014 yet we still had a very large number of daily players compared to now. The Graal engine was extremely old back than too (If i am correct it's made in 1999), but back than updates were coming every week. Sometimes even more than 1 update per week hence why there were more active players. The servers were crap and imo they are better now than they were in 2010-2014 ( just read the reviews on iOS dating back to 2010 ), the reason people were not arguing about the servers is because they were kept happy by the admins that cared and updated the game frequently unlike now. The nerf had very little impact. The mass resignation had the biggest impact and with the quitting of SNK players started quitting too ( I mean if the owner of the game quits you know the game is dead )

Also it could be that people just got bored. The top basing gangs are no longer basing and their members are inactive or have quitted the game since long time ago
    Admins - - ERA

Most of us played era during it's prime time, when it was actually fun, and competitive in many ways. Now it's homed to failures of back then, and new generation that's feeding on what's left of the game. - Reasons that I find to be the cause of dropped player count are "Gun rebalancing", chem ban & changes made to basing/whatever to happened to fortress. Your opinion maybe be different. but the point is the game is not used to be what it was, only during GST & Crypt it gets hype, and after that's done it slowly dies again.

Oh and the redundant server!

Spoiler
    liberalism is a mental disorder