Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Years Later, Server is Dead.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2 Years Later, Server is Dead.

Hello, my name is Bill, I lead a gang named Catalyst. I was just curious when the downfall of this game began? I quit 2 years ago, and I came back a month or two ago, and it seems like everyone is gone. Will there be any efforts to fix the downfall of this game? Will the game eventually just die out?
    Curious to what people have to say.
    Thanks

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Hello, my name is Bill, I lead a gang named Catalyst. I was just curious when the downfall of this game began? I quit 2 years ago, and I came back a month or two ago, and it seems like everyone is gone. Will there be any efforts to fix the downfall of this game? Will the game eventually just die out?
    Curious to what people have to say.
    Thanks
    When 17 staff members resigned at once.

No, I'm joking, that actually happened, but it didn't really signify anything as they were replaced fairly quickly.

Uh, there's been un-linkings (some even unjustifiable), unnecessary jailings, I know those have discouraged a lot of people.

The basing, trading and sparring metas have depleted significantly, and personally, I feel like it's also because of a dropped playerbase.

The game started dropping with time as well, I think everyone just got tired of the lack of development and when something was actually made, it was more of a hit-or-miss.

Hopefully something significant happens soon and there's an uptick in player count, but at this point, it's just a matter of when and how. As of now, it's a work in progress, but I feel like it's going in the right direction when it comes to development.

(inb4 a staff member comes in to say 'it's just because of the time of year')
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    It’s been ongoing for a long while. Within the past year has been the worst. August 18th 2017 or so was the date that many highly regarded Era staff left for “non-related” reasons. Since then, the game has been a whirlwind of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I personally think that it’ll never be the same unless they allowed previous staff on the team, which is HIGHLY unlikely, mainly the ex-staff teams’ side. (*cough cough*, trying not to get banned, *cough cough*)

From the looks of it, Era is dying, I just hope staff are working on something that’ll bring back some players

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

SEAMAN
    I hope so...

It is just that the game is getting uncompetitive.

- - - Updated - - -

And more reasons like failure of GST.

I feel like the nerf of bar, and the unbalance of guns made a huge impact aswell. I get bar was overpowered, but bitz didn't really do the server any justice cause there is still unbalance.
    Also, is there anyway I could apply to be a Gang Admin, not the type that deals with rewards, maybe one that updates bases, makes changes within ally systems, etc.
    Ive been basing for around, 8? or so years, and I currently have a gang thats top like 15. Im just curious if theres any position I could get to help out the server. Thanks

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Grief Hero's Avatar
    I feel like the nerf of bar, and the unbalance of guns made a huge impact aswell. I get bar was overpowered, but bitz didn't really do the server any justice cause there is still unbalance.
    Also, is there anyway I could apply to be a Gang Admin, not the type that deals with rewards, maybe one that updates bases, makes changes within ally systems, etc.
    Ive been basing for around, 8? or so years, and I currently have a gang thats top like 15. Im just curious if theres any position I could get to help out the server. Thanks
    You can't apply for gang admin. Plus, if you were to be gang admin, you can't be selective of what you would be doing. It's like asking to be a PR except without having to deal with players.

I saw. I conquered. I came.

Quote Originally Posted by Grief Hero View Post
    You can't apply for gang admin. Plus, if you were to be gang admin, you can't be selective of what you would be doing. It's like asking to be a PR except without having to deal with players.
    I get that, but a gang admin should be someone who has based for a long time and has a deep understanding of it. Im just saying.

Personally, I like Kenny, he's very nice. I am just saying a gang admin should do more than deal with rewards. Again, nothing on Kenny, I just feel that basing is bigger than just what awards you get. It should be about BASING.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Grief Hero's Avatar
    I just feel that basing is bigger than just what awards you get. It should be about BASING.
    Why do you base then if you don't have the incentive of rewards?

I saw. I conquered. I came.