Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade Legitimacy

Exclamation Trade Legitimacy

The recent saga involving the ban of players from trading because of scams have brought my attention to the enforcement of scams-related deeds.

I'd like to call into question
    1. If there will be centrality in the enforcement of legislations pertaining to scams, instead of isolated cases such as the recent on involving Betray.

2. If methods used to prove the integrity and accuracy of the conviction of Betray's acts could be developed or used to universally protect players against scams.

3. The maximum punishment for scamming related activities.

4. If only high value items scammed will warrant actions to be taken.

I honestly think that scams should be made illegal and its enforcement should extend to not just expensive items. Scamming a burger does not make it less wrong, or less of a scam. Our community has to take a stand on this and decide if we should permit these acts from proliferating.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

The betray scam was not an ordinary scam as he also impersonated the scammed person's friend so it was pretty much an impersonation which is against the rules.

I agree scamming should be illegal. You get censored if you say discord, you get gagged if you say a swear word, so why is scamming allowed? Harmless things like saying discord aren't okay but if you scam someone it's okay?
    I will never understand by what logic are the admins making these rules
    Admins - - ERA

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    The recent saga involving the ban of players from trading because of scams have brought my attention to the enforcement of scams-related deeds.

1. If there will be centrality in the enforcement of legislations pertaining to scams, instead of isolated cases such as the recent on involving Betray.

2. If methods used to prove the integrity and accuracy of the conviction of Betray's acts could be developed or used to universally protect players against scams.

I honestly think that scams should be made illegal and its enforcement should extend to not just expensive items. Scamming a burger does not make it less wrong, or less of a scam. Our community has to take a stand on this and decide if we should permit these acts from proliferating.
    Dude, just ask a question like the rest of us. What's with this bonafide courtroom vocabulary?

Who is Betray (at least give us some perspective for those of us who are misinformed)?

What makes you believe that they'll start enforcing scams (relating to items) after telling everyone that it's their responsibility not to get scammed?

Also, Trading has never really had a true legitimacy now that I think about it, there's always been scammers.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post

Legitimate question. How do people get scammed nowadays?
    bigmanbigmanbigmanbigman

Quote Originally Posted by JYGSHELBY View Post
    Legitimate question. How do people get scammed nowadays?
    The same way they would get scammed 5 years ago and across other games: someone makes a deal look good, the player accepts, and BAM, scammed.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    The same way they would get scammed 5 years ago and across other games: someone makes a deal look good, the player accepts, and BAM, scammed.
    That counts as scamming? Both players consenting to the trade knowing what they will be gaining?
    bigmanbigmanbigmanbigman

Quote Originally Posted by JYGSHELBY View Post
    That counts as scamming? Both players consenting to the trade knowing what they will be gaining?
    No; if one applied that tactic, he'd be telling folks that his products are way more fabulous or fancy or whatever-the-hell-people-want-these-days that is it, which would translate for the consumer a justification for the higher price. The consumer buys and..... y'know what happens next.

The guy clearly iFiled his friend's head and pretended to be him. Could it get any worse then this?

I honestly think the punishing of Betray largely impart due to him scamming and thus being consequently banned from trade tables a disgrace. Sure impersonation is against the rules...

(tbh I'm not even sure about this myself. I thought this rule was intended for impersonating admins and not normal graal players and ifiling a custom not even a punishable offence & not even uncommon)

...but scamming is not. If the law of graal era bends and twists to certain isolated instances, that this is dangerous. Betray should have never been punished for scamming, because at the end of the day one should not be punished for something legal, no matter how immoral the act was or how 'special' the scam or item involved was.

This also raises question if actions are only taken if a scam involves high valued item. Are we to expect that scamming 100k tro items in 10 different trades; totalling in 1 mil tro permissible? But if a single fancy item comes in suddenly there are charges pressed?

I believe that if one thinks that scamming is bad or even should not be made legal, it shouldn't void the fact that the act of scamming by Betray was legal and was only playing the game of the trades which allowed him to do so, dare I say encouraged him to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Doubt that's scamming. Seems less fraudulent more of just someone upselling, which is the whole point of profit-loss in trade tables.
    Last edited by BlackandWhite; 10-21-2018 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Embarrassing grammar

"The world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people" -Mother Teresa
     Spoiler
    "Apple seeds average around 0.6mg hydrogen cyanide (HCN) per gram of dry seed. Since the lethal dose of HCN is estimated to be around 50mg, you will need around 85 grams of dry seeds. This is around half a cup... it requires a lot of apples."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackandWhite View Post
    Doubt that's scamming. Seems less fraudulent more of just someone upselling, which is the whole point of profit-loss in trade tables.
    Who said upselling isn't scamming? The two go hand in hand.
    It's basically convincing one to pay more than he should have for a product, label it as upselling or cheating or whatever you fancy, the consumer has been scammed.