Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Era is Dying.

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    so we Tax them.
    Taxing isn't something we'll ever incorporate.
    So I'd suggest moving onto another suggestion as that one isn't a possibility at any point.

Quote Originally Posted by junz View Post
    Taxing isn't something we'll ever incorporate.
    So I'd suggest moving onto another suggestion as that one isn't a possibility at any point.
    and why so?

Also, have you followed this thread before giving an input?
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Banned
    Another issue that may not have been highlighted is that scams were prevalent and many admins could not do anything about it. I'd suggest that we make scamming illegal, and impose a duty tax on goods with a base price value of more than 100k gralats to discourage exchange of such goods so as to minimise scams. If say a brella costs 1.2 million gralats, a tax of 0.25 percent of the value can be levied on the buyer, so the buyer has to pay whatever the price that is being sold to him at, and the tax of 3k gralats at the trade tables, as well as the 21 gralat trading fee.

Scammers who have been discovered should be permanently barred from trading and they should be fined 10k gralats, or if they do not have them, 10k gralats worth of their assets will be taken away, say maybe , 1 ak47 gun, trochus and sandollars worth up to 10k gralats. We need to take a strict stance on this matter as well if we want to gain thee trust of the trading community.
    In regards to this specific trade table tax you’re talking about - this would be impossible to regulate since players determine the prices of items, not the staff team. Prices are always changing, and sometimes people trade items for items instead of through trochus or other sellable items. Sometimes people are carrying no gralats when they trade, how do they get taxed if they don’t have any? If someone is trading say an umbrella for an umbrella, do both players just lose a bunch of gralats sitting around in their inventory, or can they just do a trade plain and simple?

Yeah, scamming sucks. But there’s a reason it’s legal. It is absolutely impossible to regulate every single trade. It’s up to the players to determine what they want to trade for what, so we can’t go around saying “Hey, you sold your umbrella for a stun gun? BANNED!” when the player agreed to the trade in the first place. There are plenty of warnings for players to make sure that they are certain about completing trades. As for the cheap tricks, like blocking item names and whatever - these suck, not gonna lie. But it’s getting harder to do as new ways pop up (for example, I think the item name text was pushed forward in priority recently?). It also helps to find an empty room to trade in so there isn’t as much commotion around you.

I don’t believe in any taxation system for the game, it limits people ability to play similar to mobile games with a stamina or energy system. Makes people effectively have to wait to do what they want to do or pay to keep playing. I don’t believe in daily or weekly caps of any sort, if you’re good enough to work for it, then you should be able to. It’s a competitive game, so compete for top spots and rewards. The monopoly sucks, sure, but the proposed new basing system (don’t ask me about it, I don’t know what progress has been made or anything of that sort) will keep the monopolists in one area, leaving the other gangs to compete against each other while the “top” gangs fight it out in a smaller area.

But yeah, that’s enough with the personal attacks everyone. I’m going to start handing out infractions if this continues, I’ve already told y’all that it was enough. Don’t attack each other, just present your opinions and counter opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by failure View Post
    In regards to this specific trade table tax you’re talking about - this would be impossible to regulate since players determine the prices of items, not the staff team. Prices are always changing, and sometimes people trade items for items instead of through trochus or other sellable items. Sometimes people are carrying no gralats when they trade, how do they get taxed if they don’t have any? If someone is trading say an umbrella for an umbrella, do both players just lose a bunch of gralats sitting around in their inventory, or can they just do a trade plain and simple?

Yeah, scamming sucks. But there’s a reason it’s legal. It is absolutely impossible to regulate every single trade. It’s up to the players to determine what they want to trade for what, so we can’t go around saying “Hey, you sold your umbrella for a stun gun? BANNED!” when the player agreed to the trade in the first place. There are plenty of warnings for players to make sure that they are certain about completing trades. As for the cheap tricks, like blocking item names and whatever - these suck, not gonna lie. But it’s getting harder to do as new ways pop up (for example, I think the item name text was pushed forward in priority recently?). It also helps to find an empty room to trade in so there isn’t as much commotion around you.

I don’t believe in any taxation system for the game, it limits people ability to play similar to mobile games with a stamina or energy system. Makes people effectively have to wait to do what they want to do or pay to keep playing. I don’t believe in daily or weekly caps of any sort, if you’re good enough to work for it, then you should be able to. It’s a competitive game, so compete for top spots and rewards. The monopoly sucks, sure, but the proposed new basing system (don’t ask me about it, I don’t know what progress has been made or anything of that sort) will keep the monopolists in one area, leaving the other gangs to compete against each other while the “top” gangs fight it out in a smaller area.

But yeah, that’s enough with the personal attacks everyone. I’m going to start handing out infractions if this continues, I’ve already told y’all that it was enough. Don’t attack each other, just present your opinions and counter opinions.
    Yea you have some point, but I was referring to the base price of the item. Say, if a brella was sold at the auctions for 1.2 mil gralats, that will be the base price. So there will not be any difficulty in distinguishing the trade tax for that. High value items will be sold at high value at trade tables, so if buyers have no money to pay tax they cannot trade. Another point about the tax is to also reduce likelihood of scamming because the scammers who are also buyers have to pay tax to scam the item, so the tax has a prohibitive effect against scamming. Coupled with the reduced exchange of items, the overall scam rates will fall.

As for basing, I don't understand why CapTax cannot be implemented. The fortress is just going to remove one batch of monopolists (those with 10k hours, iirc) to give way to another batch of monopolists, it is not going to improve the competitiveness of the environment. We need the taxes!

The taxing system for basing concept is just plainly unorthodox to be frank, simply because the motive behind that concept is removing the privileges of the veterans in basing. From the way I see it, the current basing meta is indeed absurd. However the idea of the Taxing system would only make things alot times worse than you could ever imagine. Hypothetically speaking, making gralats the normal way is already difficult to begin with up till now.

No, any worker who's had a job will want to earn the bucks so he'll work regardless of the weather. If basers really want the gang rewards, they will be willing to wait till their cap has been lifted or pay the tax to base. Afterall, all gangs are basing for the rewards. If they give up just because of the tax, then too bad for them those who want it bad enough will get them.

As I have said it will not discourage any players from leaving the game because when we get those monopolist gangs out, basing is much easier for newer or weaker gangs. It is in effect deregulating the system so we have the competitiveness up. If any player feels discouraged by the tax, then by all means they are free to stop basing - considering that taxes apply to gangs with thousands of hours, only members from those gangs would be likely to be "discouraged". But we need to weigh this against the fact that their gangs have already had thousands of hours and it's likely that basing is habitual, so even if they are discouraged, they are not likely to stop basing because if I am 500 hours closer to getting a gang hideout, why would I stop basing just because of the tax? The basers will likely wait for the cap to be lifted to continue basing, or pay the tax to base if they are rich enough.

But since everyone likes to use the slippery slope argument against this, then let's say those in the gangs with thousands of hours really felt so discouraged, they have low level of perseverance and resilience, and they really stop basing, then it will be good because that's one less monopolist gangs out of the way for weaker gangs to replace them. But as established, this is not likely because basing would be habitual and no one will want their thousands of hours amassed thus far to go to waste if they don't get the most rewards out of it.
    Your counterargument is also invalid and horribly addressed my claim.

Basing, as I said before, is done because a baser wants to base. It's a hobby and the rewards are proof that one is good at that hobby. Hobbies are done for fun and onto the side. If one can't have fun doing that hobby, chances are that he won't do it, even if he's determined to do so. For example, there was a strategy game by the name of "Lords Mobile" that I've played in the past where I'm determined as one can possibly be to "farm" experience points and upgrade my troops and traps to the max level so I could freaking storm into other players' bases and take the loot, but once I realized that there were multiple upgrades that took a FULL YEAR to get, I uninstalled the game. Same will occur with basers, they're determined to reach the top, realize the insanity involved, and then leave. Your taxation system punishes those who reach the top, making room for new gangs to climb and... then meet the same fate? Your system would discourage people from starting a basing gang, and would discourage people from maintaining a basing gang.

None of us want that.

We want a system that keeps the old and the new in, and I've suggested that making the world feel more alive might be the best way to do so.

As of now, I think the Fortress is the only rational solution for the current meta. The idealogy of temporarily sealing a top tier gang by capping them for example 7 hours daily, and taxing them thousands of gralats or so iif they want to overexceed their cap is the opposite of a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Sho Minazuki View Post
    As of now, I think the Fortress is the only rational solution for the current meta. The idealogy of temporarily sealing a top tier gang by capping them for example 7 hours daily, and taxing them thousands of gralats or so if they want to overexceed their cap is the opposite of a solution.
    ^^^

You deserve a "+ rep" for that.

Try observing or participating in the current war right now between the Alliance and Team no L. I could assure you that most of the gangs (such as Obs, Nbk, M2S, Rgn, Cata) and members in the Alliance and Team no L are veterans, and they're apparently warring for their bases and reputation.

- - - Updated - - -

As of why Era is dying, there's alot of reasons. The server, staffs abusing their powers/neglecting their duties, toxic players (hackers, vpn abusers, trash talkers etc...), lack of interest, school days, and so on and on. To be frank, it's not really impossible to revive a dead game or prevent a game from completely dying. However the standard process are usually difficult. From the way I see it, this game needs to create a new form of concept that could pique the interest of it's current, former, and future players. Or enhance/amplify an existing concept like Sparring, basing, forting, quests, etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Hypothetically speaking. Whenever it's Halloween, Xmas, Gst, Crypt, Auctions, and other more interesting events. The current players online are usually high. (2k-4k) specially on Holidays. I can't say Era was as great as before though. To me it's on the verge of dying as well. However I still play it since I find it ironically addicting. Hopefully though it gets back on it's feet before things get way more worse than now.

I'd like to ya'll to see it as a form of regulation where the game restricts the number of hours each monopolist gang can take every week so as to give chances to weaker and newer gangs. The taxes are there to retain their freedom of basing, but they will have to pay a price. I reckon that no gang would want to pay tax unless they are rich, but the objective of the tax is to limit the duration they hold the bases so as to allow more gangs into the scene, thus improving the competitiveness of the game.

No point telling me that it is the opposite of a solution when you cannot provide sufficient reasons for that. Also, as I've said the fortress only moves one batch of monopolists away to make space for the next batch of monopolists. It will not work and the problem is still there, so we need CapTax.

@Ali go read my preceding posts for the past few pages before giving your inputs please, I've already addressed whaat you've said I don't want to keep repeating.

- - - Updated - - -

The alternative, baseconomically sound solution is to impose basing permits. Gangs with high hours will receive fewer permits while gangs with lesser hours will receive more. Basing permits stipulates a certain number of hours the gang can clock when they base, beyond that, no hours is clocked.