Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Era is Dying.

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by failure View Post
    Yeah, don't worry about it. You also seem to be double quoting sometimes, which is kinda weird, but it isn't a huge issue.
    I've noticed that as well.

I think it's because my posts keep disappearing when I type sometimes, so I have to go back, save what I just wrote, and it ends up doing everything again.

It's strange.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I am still in favour of taxing regardless. no could suggest a better idea.

Even if fortress were implemented, there will still be gangs who will monopolise the scene. We need the taxes to moderate their activity.

The fortress isn't a all-fitting solution.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Completely ignoring any points made in Blink's and Lyk's argument as it was seriously one-sided, a good way to "revive" iEra is to simply make the world more interesting. But how does one make a world more interesting, you ask yourself as you reach for your keyboard but realize that I'm going to answer your question so you sit back and continue to read.

Well, it's pretty simple and it has been brought up before: add random events, mini-games, or FUN, NON-DRAGGING jobs to do.

Era is currently just a social game, completely relying on players interacting with other players to make the gameplay interesting, which is a big downside on players who prefer not to befriend too many people or just can't find anyone to befriend, which leads to them just placing down the game forever. Which leads to a loss of profit and the "death" of a game.

But, adding random events or things to do in the world THAT DOESN'T YOU INVOLVE CONTINUOUSLY PRESSING THE SAME PAIR OF BUTTONS TO MAKE A FREAKING PIZZA would certainly spike interest from players from all different walks of gaming. Basically, just make the world feel alive without the dependence of players to make that life. Makes sense?
    Yeah they used to have way more events back then like 50% uploads off , gun games and I don't even think they do the facebook screenshot for an ec thing anymore

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    I am still in favour of taxing regardless. no could suggest a better idea.

Even if fortress were implemented, there will still be gangs who will monopolise the scene. We need the taxes to moderate their activity.

The fortress isn't a all-fitting solution.
    With all due respect, are you using your brain or your sock to think?

The taxation idea you proposed was horrible and would only discourage players to base, which would lead to most of the bases to leave iEra. Now, this may not have as significant impact on iEra's daily player count, but iEra would make way less money than it originally did as bases are usually the first ones to open up their wallets to buy new items. And keep in mind that if a project takes too may financial hits, any sane manager would simply shut it down.

Are you trying to kill iEra, or save it?

no with the taxes making things more fair, there will be newer gangs joining the scene, which increases player count.

As I said, the rain will not stop a teacher from teaching, so if there are taxes, I doubt gangs who are aiming for the rewards will be hindered just because they get taxed after hitting their cap.

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    With all due respect, are you using your brain or your sock to think?

The taxation idea you proposed was horrible and would only discourage players to base, which would lead to most of the bases to leave iEra. Now, this may not have as significant impact on iEra's daily player count, but iEra would make way less money than it originally did as bases are usually the first ones to open up their wallets to buy new items. And keep in mind that if a project takes too may financial hits, any sane manager would simply shut it down.

Are you trying to kill iEra, or save it?
    He's hard-headed, just ignore it.

Actually the current main problem is that noone is doing the work of bitzsam hasnt done.

Quote Originally Posted by BL1NK View Post
    He's hard-headed, just ignore it.

You're equally hard headed and narrow-minded that you insist it will not work.

As I've said the gang rewards are there for people to get it and if gangs want them hard enough, the taxes will not mean anything. They'll just stop basing after they hit the cap if they don't want to pay tax and wait till their cap has been reset to base again. There ain't any discouragement.

If they ever feel discouraged, then just gotta blame it on their low level of resilience and perseverance. Note that taxes will only apply to gangs with say 3k hours, not 0.

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk

You're equally hard headed and narrow-minded that you insist it will not work.

As I've said the gang rewards are there for people to get it and if gangs want them hard enough, the taxes will not mean anything. They'll just stop basing after they hit the cap if they don't want to pay tax and wait till their cap has been reset to base again. There ain't any discouragement.

If they ever feel discouraged, then just gotta blame it on their low level of resilience and perseverance. Note that taxes will only apply to gangs with say 3k hours, not 0.

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk
    I am pretty sure there are other ways around taxation, I feel like this would encourage players who already think the game is expensive on its own (or it’s hard to get graalants).

We are trying to balance it, not discourage more people into leaving the game.

To me the taxation system sounds a bit too ridiculous if I am honest. Would be more on a business game but iEra is supposed to be an easy going game, not one having to have players worried about doing their math (not so sure people go to era to do that you know) and literally “pay-to-base”. I feel like this would outrage players.

I mean, it shows a lot that only you out of every one here agrees with the taxing system, unless I’m blind.

no with the taxes making things more fair, there will be newer gangs joining the scene, which increases player count.

As I said, the rain will not stop a teacher from teaching, so if there are taxes, I doubt gangs who are aiming for the rewards will be hindered just because they get taxed after hitting their cap.
    Your comparison is invalid.

A teacher teaches because he HAS to, while a baser bases because he WANTS to, meaning that if crazy regulations are applied, chances are he probably won't want to base any longer, but if crazy regulations are applied to a teacher, chances are that he'll put up with them because he needs a job for obvious reasons.