Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Era is Dying.

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo

Why Era is Dying.

I wanted to have an open discussion about Era's depletion in player intuition and activity. I feel like it's an important thing to classify everything that's wrong with Era, and how it can be fixed. I'd like to share a few with you and see what you think;

(Yes, I know this has been a subject that's been discussed multiple times, but rest assured, these ideas will be more in-depth and thought out.)

TL;DR:
    Some decent ideas to help Graal.

- Graal's basing meta is dead.-

A: I agree, as someone who literally has based for two years on end (I'm not joking, I've only based with one gang) and has received a gang reward, I've started to lose massive interest towards basing.

The reasons are pretty simple; The Playerbase is losing interest in basing, and the dip in players can not recompense the subsided loss of disinterest from the rest. Therefore, there's minimal competition and that's really what you need to make basing interesting.

Solution(s):

-Encourage basing by creating a rewards system that revolves around base time and player-killing (basers don't like PKers) for gangs that are below 500 hours.

The rewards can be minimal, I'm not saying that you'd have to go all out, that'd be unfair, but they have to be significant to where they feel motivated. I was thinking stickers and EC.

-Drop reward requirements (even if it's temporary).

I think this one's the most obvious one- another reason why basing is dead is because there's simply a lot of work that goes into it. I agree that there needs to be an amount of respect given to guilds that worked extremely hard to hit these reward points, but I also feel that there needs to be a revitalized sense of competitive fire added back as well.

I feel like the solution above also gives some clarity to allying somewhat as well.

A: I strongly agree. I remember that back in 2016, there used to be this thing called 'Pixel Academy' (some of you probably know it). It was a group of people who made items in the Graphics shop, and it also included administrators.

PA (Pixel Academy) once had a Twitch(?) stream in October 2016 where they were showing some Halloween items and making edits and that gave me an idea.

Solutions:

-Admin-Player intuition on how to use Graal's development tools.

This would be awesome. Having Twitch streams or anything similar to that (such as YouTube videos) would help people trying to get into this scene. I love, love, love this idea.

-Reviving the 'GraalTuber' scene.

A: GraalTubers help provide and entertain a new/old playerbase with refreshing content while giving insight to an audience that may not be fond with Graal.

Solutions:
    -Encourage more competitions (like the one due on October 3rd) with personal input and player input (such as voting)

Those are really the ones that I can think of off of the top of my head. I'm curious to hear your ideas and what you think-I'd really like to simply have a collective, well thought-out think-tank of things that could just use some work.

Thanks.

(I will be updating the thread as time goes on, it's 3 AM right now so I just wanted to put this out here before I forget.)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The problem of basing system is that all gangs teaming each other. Not about reward. The reward is really good. It is just that noone is able to achieve 2k hours. 2k hours take ages if you dont have allies. Like how nefarious hit 2k in small amount of time. May be it is good for having 500 hours reward. It actually encourages the players to base. My experience with my ex basing gang have 500 hours. It has already taken 2 years.

Yea, graaltuber is cool, remember all those famous graaltuber like Mr Londonut. Look how the current game processing. GST 2018 is not found on youtube to cover one's mistake.

Basing system is not turning out well because bitzsam is inactive. Letting an inactive guy to handle such important things like gun and basing system? Wtf, if in other game, inactive mod or admin immediate fired. Im not saying bitzsam is not good but we need someone active to handle this.

The base system is broken, something must be done to remove the global peace from the bases.....

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian321 View Post
    The base system is broken, something must be done to remove the global peace from the bases.....
    I agree.

It's hard to find a viable solution though.

We need like some kind of goal, like I barely play Era anymore because I’m not motivated enough. The times when I logged on everyday was to get some wins in mpx but now that seemed to bore me ever since I reached my goal.

There should be some events that are only for gangs, because more people together means a lot more fun.
    There should be rewards other than gralats in some of the gang events so more people can join.

Some gang events:

- Every 2 hours there is a event that randomly selects a pk zone and the most kills in that zone gets some $$$
    - Near the spar complex there’s a soccer room for gangs to play, so once week there should be small soccer tournaments and the winning team gets some soccer related item.
    - Most fish caught in the selected zone gets a fish related item and some gralats
    - Most flowers picked in the selected area of the map gets $$$
    - Most gang members in an area gets $$$

I want to see more gang related events that aren’t just basing, sparing, plasma related events. We should involve events related to jobs. ( like most flowers picked in an area wins $$$)

So the thing thats wrong with era, is there’s less gang events for gangs to participate. Since small gangs can’t base because of bigger gangs that ruins the chances for them to base

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

I think a good way to prevent gangs from hogging bases is to put a daily cap on how long they can hold it during a 24 hour period, like 3-5 hours daily. Then we can have more competition with more gangs joining in. It will motivate more players to start basing with their own gangs. For example any gang over 4k hours will have a cap of 5 hours per day.

i think the proposed basing idea of locking all the top gangs into a single set of bases would be ideal, not sure why it hasnt or when it will be implemented though
    Player Relations 2016 - 2017
    Senior Player Relations 2017 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2018 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2020

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Grief Hero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    i think the proposed basing idea of locking all the top gangs into a single set of bases would be ideal, not sure why it hasnt or when it will be implemented though
    Yeah, gang fortress was supposed to come about a while ago but nothing ever happened with it.

I saw. I conquered. I came.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Canavi View Post
    I think a good way to prevent gangs from hogging bases is to put a daily cap on how long they can hold it during a 24 hour period, like 3-5 hours daily. Then we can have more competition with more gangs joining in. It will motivate more players to start basing with their own gangs. For example any gang over 4k hours will have a cap of 5 hours per day.
    I second this, I feel like gangs take up too much time at every base and it's harbored the idea of a 'homebase' being a regularity in today's basing atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ4 View Post
    We need like some kind of goal, like I barely play Era anymore because I’m not motivated enough. The times when I logged on everyday was to get some wins in mpx but now that seemed to bore me ever since I reached my goal.

There should be some events that are only for gangs, because more people together means a lot more fun.
    There should be rewards other than gralats in some of the gang events so more people can join.

Some gang events:

- Every 2 hours there is a event that randomly selects a pk zone and the most kills in that zone gets some $$$
    - Near the spar complex there’s a soccer room for gangs to play, so once week there should be small soccer tournaments and the winning team gets some soccer related item.
    - Most fish caught in the selected zone gets a fish related item and some gralats
    - Most flowers picked in the selected area of the map gets $$$
    - Most gang members in an area gets $$$

I want to see more gang related events that aren’t just basing, sparing, plasma related events. We should involve events related to jobs. ( like most flowers picked in an area wins $$$)

So the thing thats wrong with era, is there’s less gang events for gangs to participate. Since small gangs can’t base because of bigger gangs that ruins the chances for them to base
    I think this is pretty cool.

I feel like a lot of the updates have been facing towards players that have a competitive drive.

Seems like the casual/relaxed side of Era has been neglected to an extent, it'd be nice to see the Soccer Stadium and areas of the map being used more often.