Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Era is Dying.

My thoughts on all of this. The player base is dying..yes. I wouldnt be surprised at all if it dips well below 1k or even 500 in the future, but I think that will help the game in the end. The majority of players who are disinterested in the game have aged quite a bit since they started playing. For instance I was 13 when I started playing, now I'm 19 and so obviously the game isn't going to be as satisfying for me to play anymore. Saying that, I believe that the younger players on Graal aren't disinterested in the game. They probably will be eventually when they get older, but not right now. We, as older players tend to see more negativity expressed because all of our friends are the same age and feeling the same way. Not many video games keep you interested for 6+ years without significant updates. Back to my first point, I believe that the playerbase will drop, and a lot of people will quit the game, majority of them older players. The new playerbase will be built around new players that still enjoy the basic aspects of the game. At the end of the day people are going to play Graal, because it's fun. You can't change a game to satisfy changing players. You leave the game the same, and the cycle just starts over again.

Quote Originally Posted by SpazzSLudio View Post
    My thoughts on all of this. The player base is dying..yes. I wouldnt be surprised at all if it dips well below 1k or even 500 in the future, but I think that will help the game in the end. The majority of players who are disinterested in the game have aged quite a bit since they started playing. For instance I was 13 when I started playing, now I'm 19 and so obviously the game isn't going to be as satisfying for me to play anymore. Saying that, I believe that the younger players on Graal aren't disinterested in the game. They probably will be eventually when they get older, but not right now. We, as older players tend to see more negativity expressed because all of our friends are the same age and feeling the same way. Not many video games keep you interested for 6+ years without significant updates. Back to my first point, I believe that the playerbase will drop, and a lot of people will quit the game, majority of them older players. The new playerbase will be built around new players that still enjoy the basic aspects of the game. At the end of the day people are going to play Graal, because it's fun. You can't change a game to satisfy changing players. You leave the game the same, and the cycle just starts over again.
    I see your point and I feel you. I am currently 17 years old and quite nostalgic everytime i play graal.

But the main issue now is new players dont have ability to compete with old players at the same platform. People like duke hardcore graal not gonna quit. He will be stopping the new players from making new gangs. Yea if you wanna say there is new gang basing, they are just branch gang of obsidian or nbk.

The amount of new players join the game is not equal to the amount of old players quitting. This is due to the game is less attractive than before. Basing at 2012-2014 was awesome because free base available everywhere while we were newbies. Now newbies cant even experience basing due to monopolization of obsidian.

Quote Originally Posted by JD M View Post
    I see your point and I feel you. I am currently 17 years old and quite nostalgic everytime i play graal.

But the main issue now is new players dont have ability to compete with old players at the same platform. People like duke hardcore graal not gonna quit. He will be stopping the new players from making new gangs. Yea if you wanna say there is new gang basing, they are just branch gang of obsidian or nbk.

The amount of new players join the game is not equal to the amount of old players quitting. This is due to the game is less attractive than before. Basing at 2012-2014 was awesome because free base available everywhere while we were newbies. Now newbies cant even experience basing due to monopolization of obsidian.
    True, but at the same time Duke in and of himself can't take every base in the game. He can double sometimes maybe triple but that's it. All the other "big" gangs have slowed down, or quit. Look at the top 10 on the scoreboard..basically none of them are even active anymore. All the og gang leaders are gone. Worldwide, killa, mayu, iceman, etc.

ok so we wil have the following measures in place

LYK Basing Antirust Act of 2017
    -Gangs whose members conspire to monopolise bases shall be warned and subsequently jailed. Gangs leaders will also be fined 1k gralats for the offence. Subsequent offences, the fine increases tenfold.

LYK Deregulation CapTax
    -gangs with more than 5k hours shall only be aallowed to get 50 hours a week. Beyond that, they will have to pay 2k gralats for every additional hour earned. They will also have to pay Base-deprivation Tax (BDT), which is 100 gralats for every single member online at the instant of capturing the base. Also, every member they send into the base will have to pay a Entrance Tax of 500 gralats per member, and 250 for every ally entering thee base.

LYK Dominating Tax
    -gangs with more than 5k hours will have to pay 250 gralats for every member online at that point in time if they capture more than one base.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    ok so we wil have the following measures in place

LYK Basing Antirust Act of 2017
    -Gangs whose members conspire to monopolise bases shall be warned and subsequently jailed. Gangs leaders will also be fined 1k gralats for the offence. Subsequent offences, the fine increases tenfold.

LYK Deregulation CapTax
    -gangs with more than 5k hours shall only be aallowed to get 50 hours a week. Beyond that, they will have to pay 2k gralats for every additional hour earned. They will also have to pay Base-deprivation Tax (BDT), which is 100 gralats for every single member online at the instant of capturing the base. Also, every member they send into the base will have to pay a Entrance Tax of 500 gralats per member, and 250 for every ally entering thee base.

LYK Dominating Tax
    -gangs with more than 5k hours will have to pay 250 gralats for every member online at that point in time if they capture more than one base.
    I have a question and I wanted to bounce it off of you. Do you base full-on?

Like have you ever actually ranked in a gang for 6+ months?

(I'm not looking into starting anything, I'm just curious.)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BL1NK View Post
    I have a question and I wanted to bounce it off of you. Do you base full-on?

Like have you ever actually ranked in a gang for 6+ months?

(I'm not looking into starting anything, I'm just curious.)

Been playing since '13 and I'd say that I've at least spent a year with a basing gang.

Your taxing system will make the game lose even more players

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    Been playing since '13 and I'd say that I've at least spent a year with a basing gang.
    Okay.

Try doing it for multiple years on end.

Taxing is just dumb. I think we should do something toward the basing concept and the recruiting system.

in the interest of the larger community, it is essential that we tax them. And tax them hard.