Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Era is Dying.

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Your comparison is invalid.

A teacher teaches because he HAS to, while a baser bases because he WANTS to, meaning that if crazy regulations are applied, chances are he probably won't want to base any longer, but if crazy regulations are applied to a teacher, chances are that he'll put up with them because he needs a job for obvious reasons.
    No, any worker who's had a job will want to earn the bucks so he'll work regardless of the weather. If basers really want the gang rewards, they will be willing to wait till their cap has been lifted or pay the tax to base. Afterall, all gangs are basing for the rewards. If they give up just because of the tax, then too bad for them those who want it bad enough will get them.

As I have said it will not discourage any players from leaving the game because when we get those monopolist gangs out, basing is much easier for newer or weaker gangs. It is in effect deregulating the system so we have the competitiveness up. If any player feels discouraged by the tax, then by all means they are free to stop basing - considering that taxes apply to gangs with thousands of hours, only members from those gangs would be likely to be "discouraged". But we need to weigh this against the fact that their gangs have already had thousands of hours and it's likely that basing is habitual, so even if they are discouraged, they are not likely to stop basing because if I am 500 hours closer to getting a gang hideout, why would I stop basing just because of the tax? The basers will likely wait for the cap to be lifted to continue basing, or pay the tax to base if they are rich enough.

But since everyone likes to use the slippery slope argument against this, then let's say those in the gangs with thousands of hours really felt so discouraged, they have low level of perseverance and resilience, and they really stop basing, then it will be good because that's one less monopolist gangs out of the way for weaker gangs to replace them. But as established, this is not likely because basing would be habitual and no one will want their thousands of hours amassed thus far to go to waste if they don't get the most rewards out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NaniRima View Post
    I am pretty sure there are other ways around taxation, I feel like this would encourage players who already think the game is expensive on its own (or it’s hard to get graalants).

We are trying to balance it, not discourage more people into leaving the game.

To me the taxation system sounds a bit too ridiculous if I am honest. Would be more on a business game but iEra is supposed to be an easy going game, not one having to have players worried about doing their math (not so sure people go to era to do that you know) and literally “pay-to-base”. I feel like this would outrage players.

I mean, it shows a lot that only you out of every one here agrees with the taxing system, unless I’m blind.
    Read above and also, know that taxation is a interventionist approach, so it is natural that it'll draw opposition. Just like nerfing guns is an interventionist measure, this too is one.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by NaniRima View Post
    I am pretty sure there are other ways around taxation, I feel like this would encourage players who already think the game is expensive on its own (or it’s hard to get graalants).

We are trying to balance it, not discourage more people into leaving the game.

To me the taxation system sounds a bit too ridiculous if I am honest. Would be more on a business game but iEra is supposed to be an easy going game, not one having to have players worried about doing their math (not so sure people go to era to do that you know) and literally “pay-to-base”. I feel like this would outrage players.

I mean, it shows a lot that only you out of every one here agrees with the taxing system, unless I’m blind.
    He's going to fry this thread by repeating the same ideology no one agrees with.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

We should move on without him until he actually speaks with brain

lmao so ur saying 1.5million FREAKING GRALATS won't stop them from basing? That was a nice joke man , thanks u made my day
    this seems more like a hurricane than simple rain to me

no seriously I think this ammount will be literally enough to make everyone quit basing and all become astros

if ur really an economist then jesus christ what has humanity come to

I don't understand why are you guys attacking me, rather than countering my points. You made your points, I countered them. I made mine, you guys have also countered them.

But I don't see why my opinion would be inferior to yours and that some of the users have to resort to attacking me. Could the moderators keep these personal attacks out of the thread, please? Thanks

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XXKIDXX View Post
    lmao so ur saying 1.5million FREAKING GRALATS won't stop them from basing? That was a nice joke man , thanks u made my day
    this seems more like a hurricane than simple rain to me

no seriously I think this ammount will be literally enough to make everyone quit basing and all become astros

if ur really an economist then jesus christ what has humanity come to
    Of course, the tax rates could be modified. There's no need to go to millions of gralats if circumstances don't permit so.

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by XXKIDXX View Post
    Because we don't like you. :^)
    Please don't fight- the thread will just be derailed and closed.

Either way, the conversation looks like its straying away from basing and moving to other parts so it's not really worth addressing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Also, since the topic of youtubing was mentioned. I'd like to add that indeed there has been a fall in popularity of the game on youtube.

There used to be a funded Newspaper Team youtube account by Zed but he is no longer there to help with the productions.

I'm not sure if the Newspapaer Team is continuing with the enterprise, but they should. They could also outsource the tasks of producing videos to players by hiring them into the Team, hopefully they have already done so. If not, it's time to start. I feel that if the outsourcing or hiring of youtubers as part of the news team, the payouts should be higher than 15k gralats.

If anything, I suggest that we raise the payouts of news team members/production crew of the news team youtube to 50k gralats per month to incentivise regular content creation. Alternatively, they could also encourage players to submit their own content with rules in place of course, my increasing the payouts to 10k gralats per video, instead of the usual 1 ec that may not have encouraged the players to contribute.

Another issue that may not have been highlighted is that scams were prevalent and many admins could not do anything about it. I'd suggest that we make scamming illegal, and impose a duty tax on goods with a base price value of more than 100k gralats to discourage exchange of such goods so as to minimise scams. If say a brella costs 1.2 million gralats, a tax of 0.25 percent of the value can be levied on the buyer, so the buyer has to pay whatever the price that is being sold to him at, and the tax of 3k gralats at the trade tables, as well as the 21 gralat trading fee.

Scammers who have been discovered should be permanently barred from trading and they should be fined 10k gralats, or if they do not have them, 10k gralats worth of their assets will be taken away, say maybe , 1 ak47 gun, trochus and sandollars worth up to 10k gralats. We need to take a strict stance on this matter as well if we want to gain thee trust of the trading community.

Additionally, there has been some feedback to me by friends who play the game, saying that they are repeatedly killed by pkers, making the play difficult for them and discouraging them from playing. I suggest we tax those who kill new players with less than 50 hours, at 50 gralats for every kill they make. If they repeatedly kill the same newbie, the tax multiplies accordingly.

say, if a pker repeatedly kills a newbie 10 times, he will be taxed 50+100+150+200+250+300+350+400+450+500= 2750 gralats. Hoepfully it will help newbies better integrate into the environment.

Tell me how is it possible to gather 10 newbies and kill at the same time. Hey, i guess you dont play the game often or even pk. Your kills arent recorded if you kill the same person 3 times in a row.

- - - Updated - - -

Instead of suggesting what punishment for scamming, list out the way of how players can scam and fix them. This is more effective than punishing players. Can someone tell me how does scam still occur? I only know about door charge glitch but i think it has been fixed

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, a place where price of items are stated is good idea. But idk how to launch this thing. Admins cant be deciding the price of items because they are not selling nor buying. It is based on players who sell. May be put a bulletin board for each item and allow players to write something about it.

You can't punish gangs for being good. The basing scene should be fair for all gangs, but that is not done by giving good gangs a disadvantage.

so we Tax them.