Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Era is Dying.

This game is dying, i think theres only few time remaining to act and try to save it, we all know who can make this game alive again, only someone can do it. i got told the player database is dropping HARD, probably because people is busy with school or they are just enjoying another games that is more awesome ������

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
    This game is dying, i think theres only few time remaining to act and try to save it, we all know who can make this game alive again, only someone can do it. i got told the player database is dropping HARD, probably because people is busy with school or they are just enjoying another games that is more awesome ������
    Oh and by the way, we all know those last years era wasnt fun anymore but it was still a bit competitive, thats why most of the « pro’s » were still playing this game. But since its not fun, and theres no competitive aspects, then everyone is leaving(gst 2016/2017/basing system dead/etc..) so congratulations for killing a game your working for.
    You can contact me via discord: killjoy#3040

Oh and by the way, we all know those last years era wasnt fun anymore but it was still a bit competitive, thats why most of the « pro’s » were still playing this game. But since its not fun, and theres no competitive aspects, then everyone is leaving(gst 2016/2017/basing system dead/etc..) so congratulations for killing a game your working for.
    You mean gst 2017/2018?

the problem with the storyline/quests idea is what happens once you do that? nothing. sure, it's fun for a few hours, it may get repetitive, but it's fun. era needs something long-term that keeps players coming back more and more and that they can keep competing for and keep on progressing to do. basing is pretty pointless since there's already a few powerhouses that have a lock on pretty much every base.

era just needs something long term because aside from hanging out with your friends and doing an occasional event every day, there's not enough here to give players an incentive to keep playing.
    Former Era-Go.com Moderator.

Former Graalians.com Moderator.

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, time is slipping before the game takes a significant dip in activity.

GST 2016, 2017, and 2018 all were flawed (latency, crashing issues and honestly, '18 wasn't horrible, just a lot of re-matches and that 'cheating' scandal), the lack of true competition is also created a precedence where players felt out-matched.

So that's where this new idea comes in.

==============================
    What if we classify every player into a category based on their wins?

In games I've played, they've classified players into categories based on their levels.

Say, if you have 500-1000 wins, you're ranked Bronze II (lulz, I'm sorry, this part is still being worked out)

This would encourage players to seek out players based on their given level as well, and it'd be interesting to see how it'd be implemented.

Bronze III
    Bronze II
    Bronze I
    Silver III
    Silver II
    Silver I
    Gold III
    Gold II
    Gold I
    Platinum III
    Platinum II
    Platinum I
    Elite III
    Elite II
    Elite I

(I couldn't think of names and this is pretty universal.)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BL1NK View Post

In games I've played, they've classified players into categories based on their levels.

Say, if you have 500-1000 wins, you're ranked Bronze II (lulz, I'm sorry, this part is still being worked out)

This would encourage players to seek out players based on their given level as well, and it'd be interesting to see how it'd be implemented.

Bronze III
    Bronze II
    Bronze I
    Silver III
    Silver II
    Silver I
    Gold III
    Gold II
    Gold I
    Platinum III
    Platinum II
    Platinum I
    Elite III
    Elite II
    Elite I

Wins doesnt really mean you have the skill to match other players who have the same amount of wins, for example someone who has just acquired 500 spar wins over 2 years who is an average player matching against a player whos got 500 wins in 2 weeks because they grind spar and get wins pretty rapidly. I like your idea as its used in competitive games like CS GO, Rainbow Six Siege, League Of Legends etc etc but it would have to be an elo system. Where each win you get a set of points and to reach a rank you need a set amount of points and when you lose you lose a set amount of points. But that would be very complex to make so i guess your idea then makes sense but still it all depends on what can be done.

I agree, time is slipping before the game takes a significant dip in activity.

GST 2016, 2017, and 2018 all were flawed (latency, crashing issues and honestly, '18 wasn't horrible, just a lot of re-matches and that 'cheating' scandal), the lack of true competition is also created a precedence where players felt out-matched.

So that's where this new idea comes in.

==============================

Bronze III
    Bronze II
    Bronze I
    Silver III
    Silver II
    Silver I
    Gold III
    Gold II
    Gold I
    Platinum III
    Platinum II
    Platinum I
    Elite III
    Elite II
    Elite I

It should be W:L, not just W. But good idea!

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    It should be W:L, not just W. But good idea!
    It was worth a shot (((

Quote Originally Posted by iMonkey View Post
    Wins doesnt really mean you have the skill to match other players who have the same amount of wins, for example someone who has just acquired 500 spar wins over 2 years who is an average player matching against a player whos got 500 wins in 2 weeks because they grind spar and get wins pretty rapidly. I like your idea as its used in competitive games like CS GO, Rainbow Six Siege, League Of Legends etc etc but it would have to be an elo system. Where each win you get a set of points and to reach a rank you need a set amount of points and when you lose you lose a set amount of points. But that would be very complex to make so i guess your idea then makes sense but still it all depends on what can be done.
    That's true, maybe we can do a W:L ratio as Ali suggested?

Last edited by failure; 10-02-2018 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Merged Posts

That's true, maybe we can do a W:L ratio as Ali suggested?

Always do what I suggest.

The only thing that would help Graal from losing it's players would be major changes, obvious major changes. It blows my mind they haven't been made and I really believe all the servers will continue to diminish in users.

Alright I shall sum up the new viable and favourable policies thus far

1. Anti-monopolist Cap Rate of 10 gralat per minute levied on gang leaders of gangs with base hours of more than 5000 hours.

2. "Duty and administration" fee for trading goods of base value with a minimum of 100k gralats on buyers.

3. Area Rent for Pkers near bases during forts.

4. Land Lease fee for basing gangs with more than 5k hours of 5k gralats for holding a second base.

As you can see, there aren't any taxes here. It's all administration fee.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.