I wanted to have an open discussion about Era's depletion in player intuition and activity. I feel like it's an important thing to classify everything that's wrong with Era, and how it can be fixed. I'd like to share a few with you and see what you think;

(Yes, I know this has been a subject that's been discussed multiple times, but rest assured, these ideas will be more in-depth and thought out.)

TL;DR:
Some decent ideas to help Graal.

- Graal's basing meta is dead.-

A: I agree, as someone who literally has based for two years on end (I'm not joking, I've only based with one gang) and has received a gang reward, I've started to lose massive interest towards basing.

The reasons are pretty simple; The Playerbase is losing interest in basing, and the dip in players can not recompense the subsided loss of disinterest from the rest. Therefore, there's minimal competition and that's really what you need to make basing interesting.

Solution(s):

-Encourage basing by creating a rewards system that revolves around base time and player-killing (basers don't like PKers) for gangs that are below 500 hours.

The rewards can be minimal, I'm not saying that you'd have to go all out, that'd be unfair, but they have to be significant to where they feel motivated. I was thinking stickers and EC.

-Drop reward requirements (even if it's temporary).

I think this one's the most obvious one- another reason why basing is dead is because there's simply a lot of work that goes into it. I agree that there needs to be an amount of respect given to guilds that worked extremely hard to hit these reward points, but I also feel that there needs to be a revitalized sense of competitive fire added back as well.

I feel like the solution above also gives some clarity to allying somewhat as well.

A: I strongly agree. I remember that back in 2016, there used to be this thing called 'Pixel Academy' (some of you probably know it). It was a group of people who made items in the Graphics shop, and it also included administrators.

PA (Pixel Academy) once had a Twitch(?) stream in October 2016 where they were showing some Halloween items and making edits and that gave me an idea.

Solutions:

-Admin-Player intuition on how to use Graal's development tools.

This would be awesome. Having Twitch streams or anything similar to that (such as YouTube videos) would help people trying to get into this scene. I love, love, love this idea.

-Reviving the 'GraalTuber' scene.

A: GraalTubers help provide and entertain a new/old playerbase with refreshing content while giving insight to an audience that may not be fond with Graal.

Solutions:
-Encourage more competitions (like the one due on October 3rd) with personal input and player input (such as voting)

Those are really the ones that I can think of off of the top of my head. I'm curious to hear your ideas and what you think-I'd really like to simply have a collective, well thought-out think-tank of things that could just use some work.

Thanks.

(I will be updating the thread as time goes on, it's 3 AM right now so I just wanted to put this out here before I forget.)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk