Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fly-Trap Event Sucks! (And why)

Fly-Trap Event Sucks! (And why)

I haven’t posted in forever, but this event has left me so frustrated I have to say something.

This fly-trap event sucks.

To begin with, I have a gripe with how the recipient of the loot box is chosen. Namely: HOW does it chose!? It’s not who SPAWNS the fly-trap, as I’ve spawned 3 that have dropped loot boxes that have not been mine. It’s not who does THE MOST DAMAGE, as one of the times a guy swooped in after it had half health and some how was able to get the box. It’s not even who gets the LAST HIT, as I have gotten the loot box and been dead while the monster dies and the box spawns. What would go to great lengths in appeasing my frustration is actually KNOWING what to try to do to be able to secure the loot box that I've worked so hard to get.

Second, the probability of spawning a fly trap and the fly trap dropping a loot box. I just grinded for over an hour and not one fly-trap spawned. Not one. I actually got to the point where I thought the event was put on pause and no more were spawning until i ran around the map some and saw others fighting fly-traps. Eventually I did spawn another fly-trap, which dropped a lootbox that was stolen. (Which left me frustrated and culminated in this post.) I'm not saying EVERY flower picked must spawna fly-trap, and I’m not saying even HALF should spawn one. But at least make sure that hard work and effort won’t result in frustration that SHOULD be avoided. (I admit, i might have just gotten unlucky, but still. A freakin’ hour man. That’s not okay.)

Third, the glitchers. I started picking flowers next to Gamgster Base (or terisu base... idk why it still shows that when you take it.) The little alley way that leads to iFreeze’s hideout is made up of the wall of the furniture shop, and the wall surrounding the entirety of the base. On the other side of this wall, there are people there who are forcing fly-traps to, after spawning, teleport to that wall from elsewhere outside the base (but still inside the walls. How they are able to do that, idk. It’s intentional, as one was standing on the other side saying Free Spawns! and having his friend run around the wall to attack it. I’ve reported one (lord knows that probably didn't do anything.) Simply, fix this garbo. No explanation needed.

Though i do have to say, the flower gun/melee is pretty dope. I can tell the devs are making an effort to put out new content, and i applaud you. Just fix the things that make the new content frustrating, and everyone will have a much happier experience.

Tell me how you guys feel about this event, whether you think its good or bad, if you guys have faced what I have, or if you think I’m just some really unlucky guy. Here’s to hoping this post isnt one of those that will be ignored...
    Last edited by Toxic132; 10-02-2018 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Missed a word

Okay.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Okay.

Development Team
    I was gonna join the band wagon of "Okay."

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic132 View Post
    I haven’t posted in forever, but this event has left me so frustrated I have to say something.

To begin with, I have a gripe with how the recipient of the loot box is chosen. Namely: HOW does it chose!? It’s not who SPAWNS the fly-trap, as I’ve spawned 3 that have dropped loot boxes that have not been mine. It’s not who does THE MOST DAMAGE, as one of the times a guy swooped in after it had half health and some how was able to get the box. It’s not even who gets the LAST HIT, as I have gotten the loot box and been dead while the monster dies and the box spawns. What would go to great lengths in appeasing my frustration is actually KNOWING what to try to do to be able to secure the loot box that I've worked so hard to get.

Second, the probability of spawning a fly trap and the fly trap dropping a loot box. I just grinded for over an hour and not one fly-trap spawned. Not one. I actually got to the point where I thought the event was put on pause and no more were spawning until i ran around the map some and saw others fighting fly-traps. Eventually I did spawn another fly-trap, which dropped a lootbox that was stolen. (Which left me frustrated and culminated in this post.) I'm not saying EVERY flower picked must spawna fly-trap, and I’m not saying even HALF should spawn one. But at least make sure that hard work and effort won’t result in frustration that SHOULD be avoided. (I admit, i might have just gotten unlucky, but still. A freakin’ hour man. That’s not okay.)

Third, the glitchers. I started picking flowers next to Gamgster Base (or terisu base... idk why it still shows that when you take it.) The little alley way that leads to iFreeze’s hideout is made up of the wall of the furniture shop, and the wall surrounding the entirety of the base. On the other side of this wall, there are people there who are forcing fly-traps to, after spawning, teleport to that wall from elsewhere outside the base (but still inside the walls. How they are able to do that, idk. It’s intentional, as one was standing on the other side saying Free Spawns! and having his friend run around the wall to attack it. I’ve reported one (lord knows that probably didn't do anything.) Simply, fix this garbo. No explanation needed.

Though i do have to say, the flower gun/melee is pretty dope. I can tell the devs are making an effort to put out new content, and i applaud you. Just fix the things that make the new content frustrating, and everyone will have a much happier experience.

Tell me how you guys feel about this event, whether you think its good or bad, if you guys have faced what I have, or if you think I’m just some really unlucky guy. Here’s to hoping this post isnt one of those that will be ignored...
    1. Fairly sure it's last hit.

2. It's perfectly fine that way, in fact I hope more events are like this. Past events everyone seems to get everything, this way I see it only few people have the rare stuff and you don't see practically everyone running around with all the cool loot. It just makes those items rarer and such. Take RPGs for example, they do events, not everyone gets the items in time. Big woop.

3. Don't know anything about the glitchers.

4. Staff don't need to fix things that aren't broken and make one person happy over the majority.

Also, happy people;
    https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthread.php?46581-Staff
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I was gonna join the band wagon of "Okay."

1. Fairly sure it's last hit.

2. It's perfectly fine that way, in fact I hope more events are like this. Past events everyone seems to get everything, this way I see it only few people have the rare stuff and you don't see practically everyone running around with all the cool loot. It just makes those items rarer and such. Take RPGs for example, they do events, not everyone gets the items in time. Big woop.

3. Don't know anything about the glitchers.

4. Staff don't need to fix things that aren't broken and make one person happy over the majority.

Also, happy people;
    https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthread.php?46581-Staff
    1. Its not last hit. As i said in my post, I’ve been dead when the monster died and still got the loot box, and I’ve been the one to get the last hit and the box goes to someone else. It might be a combination of last hit and something else (most damage or if you’ve already got the reward or something,) but it’s NOT simply last hit.
    2. This is the third day the event has been out, and ive seen 20-40 people with the gun/melee, and there’s bound to be more i havent seen. If it continues like this, a lot more will get it as well before the event is over (if it lasts anywhere as long as the fish monster event, most people who are actually trying to get it will have gotten it.) My gripe is mainly with the spawn rate of the fly traps in general. I admit I might have been a seriously unlucky isolated case, but if not then it’s a problem.
    4. And for your last point, that happy people thread is about the fact there is an event, not feedback on the actual event. I’ve talked to a few people and we agree the spawn rate and who the loot box drops go to are pretty annoying. Maybe I’ll find more who agree as the event progresses, maybe not. But it’s not just one whiny person who had a bad day. The glitching thing at least needs to be fixed. But it’s only day 3 of the event, and this is my feedback so far.

1. Its not last hit. As i said in my post, I’ve been dead when the monster died and still got the loot box, and I’ve been the one to get the last hit and the box goes to someone else. It might be a combination of last hit and something else (most damage or if you’ve already got the reward or something,) but it’s NOT simply last hit.
    2. This is the third day the event has been out, and ive seen 20-40 people with the gun/melee, and there’s bound to be more i havent seen. If it continues like this, a lot more will get it as well before the event is over (if it lasts anywhere as long as the fish monster event, most people who are actually trying to get it will have gotten it.) My gripe is mainly with the spawn rate of the fly traps in general. I admit I might have been a seriously unlucky isolated case, but if not then it’s a problem.
    4. And for your last point, that happy people thread is about the fact there is an event, not feedback on the actual event. I’ve talked to a few people and we agree the spawn rate and who the loot box drops go to are pretty annoying. Maybe I’ll find more who agree as the event progresses, maybe not. But it’s not just one whiny person who had a bad day. The glitching thing at least needs to be fixed. But it’s only day 3 of the event, and this is my feedback so far.
    I guess you shouldn't buy lottery tickets this week, or month.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Why do people still play this game? I’d rather play chess with 3 pieces missing

Development Team

Personally, I think it's gucci, and of course a lot of people have stuff already because they have to grind for it. Which is awesome in my eyes, gives the players more of a challenge to get cool stuff.

Mind you, I'm saying the majority of people are content with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacolas420 View Post
    Why do people still play this game? I’d rather play chess with 3 pieces missing
    Then do so, no point still lingering on the forums if all you're gonna do is spew toxicity.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Then do so, no point still lingering on the forums if all you're gonna do is spew toxicity.
    If this is the same player i think it is, they said this about 10 times on the game last night yet of course still playing as usual and being slightly toxic.

Personally, I think it's gucci, and of course a lot of people have stuff already because they have to grind for it. Which is awesome in my eyes, gives the players more of a challenge to get cool stuff.
    Please, do not ever say "gucci" in that sense ever again.