Thread: Fly-Trap Event Sucks! (And why)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fly-Trap Event Sucks! (And why)

I haven’t posted in forever, but this event has left me so frustrated I have to say something.

This fly-trap event sucks.

To begin with, I have a gripe with how the recipient of the loot box is chosen. Namely: HOW does it chose!? It’s not who SPAWNS the fly-trap, as I’ve spawned 3 that have dropped loot boxes that have not been mine. It’s not who does THE MOST DAMAGE, as one of the times a guy swooped in after it had half health and some how was able to get the box. It’s not even who gets the LAST HIT, as I have gotten the loot box and been dead while the monster dies and the box spawns. What would go to great lengths in appeasing my frustration is actually KNOWING what to try to do to be able to secure the loot box that I've worked so hard to get.

Second, the probability of spawning a fly trap and the fly trap dropping a loot box. I just grinded for over an hour and not one fly-trap spawned. Not one. I actually got to the point where I thought the event was put on pause and no more were spawning until i ran around the map some and saw others fighting fly-traps. Eventually I did spawn another fly-trap, which dropped a lootbox that was stolen. (Which left me frustrated and culminated in this post.) I'm not saying EVERY flower picked must spawna fly-trap, and I’m not saying even HALF should spawn one. But at least make sure that hard work and effort won’t result in frustration that SHOULD be avoided. (I admit, i might have just gotten unlucky, but still. A freakin’ hour man. That’s not okay.)

Third, the glitchers. I started picking flowers next to Gamgster Base (or terisu base... idk why it still shows that when you take it.) The little alley way that leads to iFreeze’s hideout is made up of the wall of the furniture shop, and the wall surrounding the entirety of the base. On the other side of this wall, there are people there who are forcing fly-traps to, after spawning, teleport to that wall from elsewhere outside the base (but still inside the walls. How they are able to do that, idk. It’s intentional, as one was standing on the other side saying Free Spawns! and having his friend run around the wall to attack it. I’ve reported one (lord knows that probably didn't do anything.) Simply, fix this garbo. No explanation needed.

Though i do have to say, the flower gun/melee is pretty dope. I can tell the devs are making an effort to put out new content, and i applaud you. Just fix the things that make the new content frustrating, and everyone will have a much happier experience.

Tell me how you guys feel about this event, whether you think its good or bad, if you guys have faced what I have, or if you think I’m just some really unlucky guy. Here’s to hoping this post isnt one of those that will be ignored...
    Last edited by Toxic132; 10-02-2018 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Missed a word