Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Amended Forums!

Sounds fun sis

The title of this thread made it sound like changes to the Forums were being made...

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    The title of this thread made it sound like changes to the Forums were being made...
    Changes to the forums will be made, although we thought that it would be best to gather feedback and suggestions from the userbase before doing anything. If you have any ideas then feel free to leave a reply!
    my discord is xiv#2549

Development Team
    Mostly worried about people joining just to play the raffles or spam the forums to get higher post counts.

Nor would I like the forums format to be changed, they really aren't that hard to learn or search through.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Mostly worried about people joining just to play the raffles or spam the forums to get higher post counts.

Nor would I like the forums format to be changed, they really aren't that hard to learn or search through.
    If we limit raffle entry to a certain number of posts or by a join date or something, I think it should be okay as long as we crack down on spam posts. If people post a lot to get their count up and we effectively control what is and isn't spam, then discussion will increase and the forums will be a more lively place. I think it depends on how effective moderators can be at controlling the spam and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by failure View Post
    If we limit raffle entry to a certain number of posts or by a join date or something, I think it should be okay as long as we crack down on spam posts. If people post a lot to get their count up and we effectively control what is and isn't spam, then discussion will increase and the forums will be a more lively place. I think it depends on how effective moderators can be at controlling the spam and all that.
    No. Don't.

Do not do post-related raffles or anything else that might encourage people to post more. You've basically opened up a spam doorway.

SEAMAN
    Great : )

Quote Originally Posted by Xiang IV View Post
    Changes to the forums will be made, although we thought that it would be best to gather feedback and suggestions from the userbase before doing anything. If you have any ideas then feel free to leave a reply!
    Is there anything that can be done about pictures occasionally not being able to load. Think it matters whether uploaded in app or chrome?

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post

Some people will join solely for the raffle, sure, but the main point is directing more traffic onto the site so that more members, even if it is just a small portion of the rafflers, become active and apart of the forum community. As for the forum format, I think that the current one is fine, however, it could still be improved. This will probably be something that will be towards the bottom of our list on amendments.

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    No. Don't.

Do not do post-related raffles or anything else that might encourage people to post more. You've basically opened up a spam doorway.
    It will be fine. It's not like the spam will not be dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahfixCloud View Post
    Is there anything that can be done about pictures occasionally not being able to load. Think it matters whether uploaded in app or chrome?

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Seems to always work for me if I upload the image to imgur first, and then embed it.
    my discord is xiv#2549

I hope changes pan out well. I look forward to having a consistent changelog
    Author of EraAWSD: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...l=1#post195094 (Updated 15-09-2015)

Just some music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h41Rrk_6rzs (Updated 02-20-2016)