Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Weapon damage Buffs

Upcoming Weapon damage Buffs

Ok going to make this as short as I can so it doesn't get too complicated.

With the original weapon 'nerfs' among other things one of the main intentions was to reduce a lot of the fast fire-rates across the high damaging guns to create more of a skill gap in having more ability to dodge bullets (less spam walls, more opening between bullets to dodge etc). For the most part that went well however I do recognise that meant an increased kill time overall which is what this change i'm about to explain will hopefully fix.

What I plan to do is increase the damage of most guns in the game so that they will kill in one less bullet than currently. (notice the word 'most' is in bold meaning not all guns, i'll get to that part later on).

Here is an example of how the damage buffs will work out (note that it can't be an equal buff for each gun as the bullets to kill don't always add up)

Assume these damage values are all for perfect condition weapons and the number of shots to kill are based on a full hp player (50 hp).

12 damage guns - +1.5 damage buff = 13.5 damage - going from 5 shots to kill to 4
    11 damage guns - +2 damage buff = 13 damage - going from 5 shots to kill to 4
    10 damage guns- +2.5 damage buff = 12.5 damage - going from 5 shots to kill to 4
    9.5 damage guns- +2 damage buff = 11.5 damage - going from 6 shots to kill to 5
    9 damage guns- +2 damage buff = 11 damage - going from 6 shots to kill to 5
    8 damage guns- +1.5 damage buff = 9.5 damage - going from 7 shots to kill to 6
    7 damage guns- +1 damage buff = 8 damage - going from 8 shots to kill to 7
    6 damage guns- +1 damage buff = 7 damage - going from 9 shots to kill to 8
    5 damage guns- +1 damage buff = 6 damage - going from 10 shots to kill to 9
    4 damage guns- +1 damage buff = 5 damage - going from 11 shots to kill to 10

Basically these additional damage values mean that guns will be killing in 1 less bullet than before assuming you're killing someone on 50hp.

Now getting to the 'most' part, there will be exceptions, they still need to be figured out but a base line is that no guns that kill in 4 shots currently (such as the ion bow/ DSR 50 and a few others) will be buffed to kill in 3 shots. They'll get a damage buff as well but their shots to kill will remain as it currently is, and i'll probably give another stat a minor buff to account for that.

Not all stacked damage guns, especially ones that fire multiple bullets will receive buffs due to the fact that even adding 0.5 damage extra would throw some off too much.

Additionally fast firing guns like the minigun/ flame/ chem can't receive any damage buffs without the buff being too significant. (eg minigun does 4.5 damage perfect, being a 12 shot kill currently. If I even buffed it by only 0.5 making it 5 damage perfect then that would make it go from a 12 bullets to kill to a 10, meaning 2 less bullets which would probably make it the best gun in the game AKA too strong).

Like I said i'll still have to figure out what to do with some of those exceptions, probably buff it somewhere else in a minor way, but damage wise not much can be done.

TLDR

Aim

- To buff most guns in the game to kill a 50 player HP in 1 less bullet than it currently kills in.

Reason
    - To speed up fights, making the game fast pace, high risk/ high reward
    - To counter the lower times to kill across the board that came from the firerate nerfs during the weapon rebalance

Exceptions

- High firerate, low damage weapons (eg minigun type weapons) won't receive damage buffs
    - Explosive weapons won't receive damage buffs if the additional damages make it too strong
    - Guns that currently kill in 4 shots (eg ION bow, DSR50, Lapua 338) won't receive buffs that make it 3 shot kills
    - Stacked weapons that fire multiple bullets won't get damage buffs

Additional Change
    - Because of the addition of many .5 damages in some of the buffs, the Player HP bar will be updated to display 0.5 numbers (eg 45.5 HP, 29.5 hp etc)- currently the health bar just rounds the damage down which is why you may have seen players running around with 0 health when really they were at 0.5.

I'm hoping to update all the damage all at once before the end of the year. There is also an additional gun related update I have been waiting on a few scripts to be finished that I wish to release along side this update however I can't give any info on what it'll be other than it's not weapon stat related.

Update 16/11/18
    ALL RIGHT

So this is what's going to go down. Most guns have now been buffed following the stats I posted originally;
    (perfect condition damages)
    12 damage guns - 13.5 damage - going from 5 shots to kill to 4
    11 damage guns - 13 damage - going from 5 shots to kill to 4
    10 damage guns- 12.5 damage - going from 5 shots to kill to 4
    9.5 damage guns- 11.5 damage - going from 6 shots to kill to 5
    9 damage guns- 11 damage - going from 6 shots to kill to 5
    8 damage guns- 9.5 damage - going from 7 shots to kill to 6
    7 damage guns- 8 damage - going from 8 shots to kill to 7
    6 damage guns- 7 damage - going from 9 shots to kill to 8
    5 damage guns- 6 damage - going from 10 shots to kill to 9
    4 damage guns- 5 damage - going from 11 shots to kill to 10

There will be a 1 week TRIAL PERIOD. During this week you guys can test out how the game feels whilst I decide what to do with the guns that didn't receive damage buffs, as in buffing them in a different stat eg. reload time decrease. Also to make sure nothing breaks. After that week then they should hopefully be finalised.

Here is the list of guns that DID NOT GET DAMAGE BUFFS (due to having stacked damage, explosive damage or did 12+ damage pre buffs).

870FieldShotgun
    ArtilleryCannon
    Assault_Rifle
    Bolt_Blaster
    Champagne_Gun
    ChemicalGun
    Chocobo
    CincoCannon
    CL_Bazooka
    CornLauncher
    DeceasedCannon
    Diablo_Duals14
    Diablo_Duals18
    Diablo_Duals
    DinoSmash
    DSR50_Sniper
    Carnage
    EggRPG
    ElectricStaff
    Era_RPG
    FIM_92_Stinger
    FlameThrower
    GasLauncher
    GrenadeLauncher
    HCannon
    IceWand
    Ion_Bow
    Ion_Pulse_Cannon
    LasCannon
    M16a3
    M3
    Magma_Launcher
    MG36_2
    Model_1887
    Naglfar
    Nitro_Blaster
    PBPShotgun
    PeaceMaker
    Plasma_Pistols
    RabbitRPG
    RPG7
    SharkNader
    Shotgun
    SnowBallCannon
    TacoCannon
    TurkeyBlaster
    Gun_Vulcan_Minigun
    WaterStaff
    XFG_SMG
    XM25

Also to reiterate Melees are NOT getting damage buffs.

Let me know if you find a gun that wasn't buffed that isn't in that list of guns above

UPDATE 19/11/18

DECREASED the damage of:
    M107
    PSG1
    PG338

Down from 12.5 damage to 11.5 damage (Not perfect). This maintains the 4 shot kills of those guns, just reduces the damage so to reduce instances where a player might of been hit by 3 PSG1 shots, and then having low enough health to be 1 shot by a player using a 5 shot to kill gun such as the M4.

INCREASED damage of Minigun from 3.5 to 4 (not perfect)

DECREASED the reload time of the flamethower from 0.9 freeze to 0.45. Means less time you can't shoot whilst equipping to it, and more ability to dodge when you reload however the time before firing after reloading is unchanged.

DECREASED the damage of the starter pistol from 8.5- 8. Bullets to kill remains unchanged, more so done for the same reasons as the M107/ PSG1/ PG338 damage reductions.

ADDED an additional bullet fired from the PBP shotgun, meaning it now fires 5 bullets dealing 3 damage (not perfect). So theoretically you should be capable of doing 20 damage if all 5 shot hit. (will be seeing how this buff plays out so just know it might be reduced again if things get too crazy. Also the spawn killing will be looked into and hopefully fixed soon

CHANGED the bullet positions of the Dual Raffica's, making the bullets leave closer together which should hopefully stop the bug where the Raffica does double damage when it isn't meant to.
    Last edited by BiTzSam; 11-19-2018 at 04:26 AM.

Banned
    Ooooh this is exciting. I kinda wonder how much it'll affect gang related activities and pk in general outside of 1v1 action. I feel like the guns that get +2 or such damage will be even stronger than they are now for spamming and snagging kills. Though I do like the faster game play, sounds more fun than getting bored and ditching your little street spar because you get bored of someone running away.

Well... You just became my favorite admin
    Admins - - ERA

I guess this is cool and all but, lowering kill times by 1 shot sounds drastic. Forts would be faster and more exciting, but base attacking would be significantly more difficult without being able to take an extra hit on attacking. Spars would feel less tense since they’d end faster as well. Same goes for overworld pk, I would be an annoyed noob if I always died so quickly while picking trash. Is there a way we can support newbies?
    Author of EraAWSD: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...l=1#post195094 (Updated 15-09-2015)

Just some music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h41Rrk_6rzs (Updated 02-20-2016)

Bruh

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Not really fond of this update if I’m being honest. I’m sure the best guns will remain the same, bar and psg will be used significantly more (they’re already very common)because a 4 shot kill on a gun that doesn’t have bad statistics across the board is gonna make things a lot more fun and easier. Sure every gun will kill faster but does this mean the hit timer will be decreased as well? If anything I’d increase the hit timer on certain guns, especially the bar(outside of bases and spar) as the guns hit timer is lower than its rof, meaning every shot counts. The bar as it stands now kills faster in the streets than it did prior to being nerfed. With this upcoming update the bar will be on a completely different playing field that I don’t think would make sense if you want to make the game faster paced while keeping the same level of competitiveness.

I think you should buff minigun, its really hard to use

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vacci View Post
    I guess this is cool and all but, lowering kill times by 1 shot sounds drastic. Forts would be faster and more exciting, but base attacking would be significantly more difficult without being able to take an extra hit on attacking. Spars would feel less tense since they’d end faster as well. Same goes for overworld pk, I would be an annoyed noob if I always died so quickly while picking trash. Is there a way we can support newbies?
    Yes, that would get very annoying.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by failure; 10-11-2018 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Merged Posts

Someone cool. Will make the PKs easier. But when is fortress coming?.-.

Manager
    Interesting scaling.

To be safe, I'd suggest a trial period and monitoring some metrics (how long does a gang usually hold a base on average currently, how long does it hold one after the change, are there any visible changes to the spar/basing meta(s)?, etc) ensure that the change does have the desired effect and if not, roll back.

Definitely worth trying, good luck, it sounds interesting and hopefully it'll liven up things and mix up the metas in a good way!

I made the table BiTzSam posted a little bit easier to read, if anyone's interested:
     Spoiler
    Original Damage: Buff: New Damage: Kill:
    12 1.5 13.5 4
    11 2 13 4
    10 2.5 12.5 4
    9.5 2 11.5 5
    9 2 11 5
    8 1.5 9.5 6
    7 1 8 7
    6 1 7 8
    5 1 6 9
    4 1 5 10

Quote Originally Posted by Vacci View Post
    Many of us "noobs" have mastered the running tactic by now, so I don't think that it'll affect us too much...
    (It just gives us more reasons to run)