Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Weapon damage Buffs

Quote Originally Posted by Vacci View Post
    I guess this is cool and all but, lowering kill times by 1 shot sounds drastic. Forts would be faster and more exciting, but base attacking would be significantly more difficult without being able to take an extra hit on attacking. Spars would feel less tense since they’d end faster as well. Same goes for overworld pk, I would be an annoyed noob if I always died so quickly while picking trash. Is there a way we can support newbies?
    Yea how it'd effect basing was definitely taken into consideration which was why we already slightly increased the hittimer within bases to give a little bit of breathing room when it isn't a 1v1 situation. Its already been increased for about a week now, you just would likely not have noticed it as it's around 0.3 which is roughly the lowest firerate for most of the higher tier guns post nerfs (with the exception of a few of the 9 damage perfect guns like mtar/mp7).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by junz View Post
    Interesting scaling.

To be safe, I'd suggest a trial period and monitoring some metrics (how long does a gang usually hold a base on average currently, how long does it hold one after the change, are there any visible changes to the spar/basing meta(s)?, etc) ensure that the change does have the desired effect and if not, roll back.

Definitely worth trying, good luck, it sounds interesting and hopefully it'll liven up things and mix up the metas in a good way!
    Yea i'll definitely be keeping backups in case something goes wrong haha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
    Not really fond of this update if I’m being honest. I’m sure the best guns will remain the same, bar and psg will be used significantly more (they’re already very common)because a 4 shot kill on a gun that doesn’t have bad statistics across the board is gonna make things a lot more fun and easier. Sure every gun will kill faster but does this mean the hit timer will be decreased as well? If anything I’d increase the hit timer on certain guns, especially the bar(outside of bases and spar) as the guns hit timer is lower than its rof, meaning every shot counts. The bar as it stands now kills faster in the streets than it did prior to being nerfed. With this upcoming update the bar will be on a completely different playing field that I don’t think would make sense if you want to make the game faster paced while keeping the same level of competitiveness.
    Yea hittimers will likely be adjusted on a few guns if they prove to be any better than they should be because of the additional damage (talking in terms of how it compares in its pre-buff hierarchy). Believe me I don't want instances where you get hit by 4 bullets at once and die instantly, so hittimers will probably start becoming a slightly more important stat, however I also don't want to over do it because I know how annoying it can be if the hit-timer is messing up your shots, so i'll probably aim for it to be around the firerate of the gun it's on.

As for BAR/PSG being used more, i'm not sure. You have to remember that whilst yea they can kill in 4 shots, guns like the GM4, M4a3, Metalstorm have significantly less freeze/ other beneficial stats over the BAR/PSG which will keep them relevant still. Almost all guns will be killing faster, but it shouldn't be any different to how it is now hierarchy wise, if it is then there will be a minor tweak to that gun

Since the weaponry in iEra is receiving a buff, how does adding body armor in the near future sound to you, Sam?

Will this also affect npc enemies such as zombies from crypt or plasma corp baddies?

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Canavi View Post
    Will this also affect npc enemies such as zombies from crypt or plasma corp baddies?
    Not really something I accounted for but considering they work the same as damage testers effectively then yea i'd say this probably would affect them.

Don't think it's too major though as if it's a problem their HP values can just be increased

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Since the weaponry in iEra is receiving a buff, how does adding body armor in the near future sound to you, Sam?
    Not a fan of body armour unfortunately. Would kind of make this change pointless and disadvantage anyone who couldn't afford it/ didn't have it

How about adding a basing mode to chemical gun? Which activates when you enter base, the gun changes modes to main gun acting similar to gas launcher, and slime mode as a shot gun type, kinda like the the changes you've offered before banning it. But this only takes place inside a base, outside it will be same as it is.

Spoiler
    liberalism is a mental disorder

Finally, someone is trying to save the state of this game, good news but theres one thing that bother me, before announcing this buff chemical was not as powerful as bar in all sections(pk,spar,base,events,etc..) and rn chem is getting more and more destroyed. Lets not forget its the most expensive gun.
    Last edited by Killjoy; 10-12-2018 at 03:14 PM.
    You can contact me via discord: killjoy#3040

I like this idea, although this buff will help players to build a better defence line at bases but at the same time allow people who raid clear the wall faster. So I dont see any problem here. Both benefits but I think a beta test is needed. So from now on, receive one bullet means need to waste one food rip.

hey bitzsammmnmm, can you fix the freeze of the bar and lower it a tad bit please? even by just a little. rn the freeze it attrotious and thats been my only complaint tbh.
    I do LPs (lets plays) of many video games on almost every console, including Graal Era on ios! New Videos are added daily! Comment, thumbs up and subscribe! Each of those will help my channel grow and increase the consumer quality you all enjoy!
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SpyN64
    (feel free to contact me through email or graal era regarding my youtube channel or things on graal. ALL feedback is accepted.)
    Email- [email protected]

if a player has lag is going to be a god lmao.....
    Ec weapons will have some buff???
    what will happen to the meles?
    Last edited by Adrian321; 10-13-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Zephlyn
    Hopefully it changes the gun meta significantly