Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Noticed something about a hat.

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Don't worry, that's perfectly fine as everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    jk, now U SAID WOT M8 U WANNA FITE ME BROO
    I saw that, I'm satisfied now

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BL1NK View Post
    I saw that, I'm satisfied now

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Always a pleasure to be of service.

Banned
    Back on topic please

So who has the copyright of this hat. This hat is not bad though. Nice colour and a hat that I would get. Unfortunately, hats at that shop always get ignored by players due to its age.

Development Team
    Quote Originally Posted by JD M View Post
    So who has the copyright of this hat. This hat is not bad though. Nice colour and a hat that I would get. Unfortunately, hats at that shop always get ignored by players due to its age.
    The question is, is it on era pc? Since that's the origin of iEra.

Era PC released in 2002

Maplestory released in 2003

iEra released in 2010

My thoughts? I highly doubt that a much more popular game like maplestory would copy something from a less populated game. Even though PC release date was earlier, you can't guarantee that they even made it first. I don't think you can guarantee it unless you ask the artist of hawkeye themself and their inspiration and vice versa.

But seriously though? It really doesn't matter, it's been there for 8 years and will probably remain there until the shop changes, if ever. I don't see how 1 hat is a problem whereas there are plenty of other items in iEra that's from other games and movies which is seen as copyrighted.

Cheers.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

You cannot trademark (or copyright protect?) a graphic pirate hat simply because of the fact it is blue and has feathers

Also making knock offs of fashions/designs (basically) is free from any copyright issues

"The world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people" -Mother Teresa
     Spoiler
    "Apple seeds average around 0.6mg hydrogen cyanide (HCN) per gram of dry seed. Since the lethal dose of HCN is estimated to be around 50mg, you will need around 85 grams of dry seeds. This is around half a cup... it requires a lot of apples."

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    The question is, is it on era pc? Since that's the origin of iEra.

Era PC released in 2002

Maplestory released in 2003

iEra released in 2010

My thoughts? I highly doubt that a much more popular game like maplestory would copy something from a less populated game. Even though PC release date was earlier, you can't guarantee that they even made it first. I don't think you can guarantee it unless you ask the artist of hawkeye themself and their inspiration and vice versa.

But seriously though? It really doesn't matter, it's been there for 8 years and will probably remain there until the shop changes, if ever. I don't see how 1 hat is a problem whereas there are plenty of other items in iEra that's from other games and movies which is seen as copyrighted.

Cheers.
    You'd be surprized.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, I just thought it was super cool since Era and Maplestory are 2 of my faves and thought it was cool to see Graal Era, a relatively unknown game imo, reference it!