Thread: Random story, just went along with my thoughts. Kinda long, hope you have a few minut

Random story, just went along with my thoughts. Kinda long, hope you have a few minut

I should start out by saying that, for the most part, i knew what i was getting myself into. I even made sure to prepare accordingly for the things i had heard about. I couldnt prepare for everything, but i damn sure tried. Everyone in my trailer park had heard the stories of what lurked deep (and i do mean DEEP) under that field, the dozens of teens who had dared each other to go down the hatch, the cops that followed them, and never returned. I did it for the sake of discovery and disposal, as it took a few of my closest friends. I even did some basic exploration, nothing too risky, and never more than 50 feet into the deep darkness, so i had a decent idea of what i would need. I walked forward, feeling the darkness around me, warm and heavy, like a comforter, but I knew better, I knew that if I started feeling too safe or too cozy, I would be an easy target. I slapped myself a few times, blinked, and stomped my feet a bit, any movement to bring my senses back. I started walking forward, only about 4 inches of visibility, but thats all i needed. I knew where i was headed, i just had to make sure i walked as straight as possible, for the slightest straying could leave me lost and vulnerable to... that i didnt know. I knew SOMETHING was out there, but not what, and, while that has its negative sides, it also has its positives. I kept walking, heel to toe, heel to toe... to ease my mind i starting making up small scenarios in my head... nothing too big, i couldnt afford to get lost in my own mind (lord knows its not hard for me), so i kept them simple. Saying hi to a stranger, getting a burger, things like that, and kept walking. I could feel the air getting heavier, like it was trying to cover me, protect me... NO. This darkness is not my friend. I took my hand off the handle of my hatchet, wrapped it around the blade, and squeezed a bit. The pain and flow of blood was enough to snap me back, and i kept walking. I started singing, some random ICP songs, some Twiztid, stuff like that. I sang quietly at first, but as stealth wasnt really a concern here, i started singing louder, until I was practically shouting. I had to resist the urge to bob my head or something like that, but that wasnt hard, i just put a little beat in my step, and my fidgetyness was subsided. Heel, toe, heel, toe, down with the clown, heel toe, heel toe, till im dead in the ground, heel toe, just like that. It was soothing, helped me keep my focus. I did this for about 10 minutes, until i saw a flicker, and stopped singing. "About god damn time" i said to myself, as i hurried my pace, the flicker growing as i got faster. I gripped my hatchet tightly, wary of what was ahead, but in a hurry. I finally approaced it, an unimpressive structure made up of strangely fresh-looking bricks, with like it was built only a few months ago. It had a oddly brightly lit torch sitting inside a bracket on top, but that was more of a relief than a nuisance. I walked around it, looking for any obvious opening but saw none. Whatever, i figured as much. I put my hatchet in its sheath, and pulled a small pick from my bag, and started chipping away. I did this for a couple minutes, breaking through rather quickly as the bricks didnt seem to be that thick. I expanded on the hole, until i could fit my crowbar through it, and started pulling them apart instead. Finally, i made a hole big enough for me to walk through, and stepped forward. I looked down, tested the wooden flooring with my boot, and it held. I took a step forward, then another, until i was in the room. It was small, just big enough for me to stand in the doorway and open the trap door in the corner. I couldnt even fully T-pose. I pried the trapdoor off completely, so it wouldnt close by accident, and threw it outside. I pulled my phone from my pocket, its only real purpose here being the light. As i turned it on, i noticed the last app i had been on before this little... expedition, was Era. I chuckled at the small "Lost connection to server" screen. "No ****" i mumbled, as i closed it out and opened up my flashlight to get a better look down. I sas a staircase, leading towards... more darkness. "Delightful" I muttered. I cautiously stepped on the first stair, phone held in front of me, and slowly made my way down. As i descended, i noticed a certain... silence. The stairs didnt creak, in fact they seemed fairly well kept, aside from some basic splintering. As i said, i knew something was lurking in the darkness around the house, but i figured it stayed to the darkness. I didnt really know though, so i remained wary nonetheless. I reached the bottom, and found myself in a stifling hot, yet slightly refreshingly humid room. I looked around with my light, checking the battery, which was at a reasonably safe 42%. The room, compared to the one above, was quite spacious. And then the stink hit me. I stepped back, free hand going straight to my nose. "Holy hell, it smells worse than a burning morgue!" I said aloud, my voice becoming lost to the darkness. I regretted opening my mouth immediately, as i could taste it as soon as i did. I braced myself, then took my hand away from my nose, and wished i could put it back, but i needed a free hand. I stepped back to the staircase where it was slightly more manageable, and pulled my face-mask out of my pocket. "**** am i glad i prepared myself for this ****, this is repulsive" i thought, as i put on the mask. It was thick, yet tight. I stepped back in, light forward, and began to walk. It didnt take me long to hear the buzzing, flies no doubt, and im sure i dont have to describe what they were attracted to. I saw it, the pile, and what was in it. I even saw the face of one of my friends, but i knew what was down here. Its why i was here in the first place. I looked around some more, yet didnt see anything of interest. I had to burn it, but i couldnt do it without getting rid of the culprit first, or it would all be in vain. So i waited, for a noise, or a movement or something. But instead, i got a feeling, like a tug, towards something. "Nah, your coming to me, buddy. Im waiting on ya" i thought... and then, to my heavy surprise, i heard... or, really felt, a response. "Alright, have it your way. Im down for a good fight." And then, lile that, the room got bright, like a doctors office. It hurt my eyes to hell, but i adapted quickly. When i looked up again, thats when i saw it. A figure, like a 3D shadow, with my exact body frame. Until it... morphed. Into a tall, hairless humanoid figure, up until the neck. Its head was like a sea, moving around with figures, joining and seperating, coagulating and liquifying. It had no face, but i could tell i could see me, smell me, all that. It shook me, i damn near dropped my phone, but i kept my composure. I turned it off, put it back in my pocket, and grabbed for the hatchet on my side... except it wasnt. It was in his hand. He snapped it, threw it to the pile, and told me "No toys. That takes all the fun out of it." "Alright, fine by me. I dont mind getting physical", i said, and though it had no mouth, i could sense its smile. "Good, then lets get straight to busi-" I lunged, hoping to catch him as he spoke, but he sidestepped me easily. It grabbed my shoulder, as though to turn me towards him, but before he could i ducked and jumped to my right, and turned on my heel. My knife, free from my boot, flew from my hand and landed squarely in his chest. He recoiled, only slightly, but enough to know it at least hurt him. He did that smile thing again, before pulling out the knife and dropping it. As it hit the ground, i lunged again, and faked him as he tried to sidestep me again, landing my shoulder sqaure against his chest. He fell back, and i stuck my index and middle finger in the hole from the knife, as i pulled another from my belt. Like i said, i came prepared. He grunted as my fingers entered his flesh, but howled as my favorite bladd found it way into his stomach. He fell against back against the wall, but was quickly right back on his feet. This time, he didnt hesitate, just reached out and grabbed my face. He slammed me against the wall, shattering my nose and cracking my forehead. I jumped to the left as he went to grab me again, wiping the blood from my eyes as i did so. I turned on my heel, and sent my foot right into his stomach. He staggered, but only slightly. This time, i grabbed my small pick, and drove it towards his "face", in which, it simply melted away. "****!" I yelled, pulling my hand away quickly, coming back with nothing more then a stub of the handle. It didnt melt cleanly though, and gave me enough of a sharp edge to drive into his shoulded. He yelled in pain, and reached at me, grabbing me by the shirt and throwing me into the pile of bodies. I got poked, and my leg went under me with a sharp crack. It hurt like hell, but nowhere near the pain of a fracture, so I rolled off the opposite side, swallowed the vomit that came up, swallowed again, and jumped back over it, pulling my final - and favorite - blade from its hidden sheath in my sleeve. I punched him, blade between my fingers, and twisted before i pulled away. He screamed, and i punched again, and again. He was pushed back with every blow, until i kicked him in his leg with my trusty size 13 Steel toe. He stumbled, which was all i needed. I pushed him to the ground, and stabbed and stabbed until he stopped moving. I couldnt be sure if he was actually dead or not, as he was nowhere NEAR human, but i took my chance. I staumbled to my bag, as fast as could, dumped it out, and grabbed the kerosene i packed. I sprayed it on him, the pile, the walls, everything i could, until the bottle was empty. I pulled a M-80 from my bag, simple, but itll the fluid when it pops. I light it, throw it, and stumbler to the stairs. He hasnt moved, so i figurex i was successful enougb on that part. I didnt even grab my bag, i just went up the stairs, tripping on the third step and army-crawling the rest of the way up. I was about stairs from the top when i heard the *POP* and the gas ignite. I regained my footing and, painfully, ran out the trap door and out the building. I heard the flames crackle, and they eventually engulfed the floor. My only issue was getting back, but i didnt need to worry about that... because when i tripped, i got some of ghe kerosene on me, and boy did the fire follow me. As the flames engulfed me, i tried to put them out, but it was useless. I fell, screaming as they engulfed me, but managed to get one coherent thoughg in my head... i won. Even through the screams, i managex one last proud, sinister smile. I won. He was dead, and so was that house. I could die with it.

Holy christ that was longer than i originally intended, but i hope anyone who read it all enjoyed it. Let me know, and please note that im no Pro at this. Thanks, ThaWh1teSki7tlezz

Yo friendly, painted, Skittalo

I did some proofreading as i typed, but as i went back over it, i realized i was really vague on a few things, like how i knew just which way to go and things like that. As i formed more thoughts, i tried my best to fo back in the story and make them relevant with what i wrote, but i did miss some things. Im sorry, and if i ever do another, ill try to be better about it

Yo friendly, painted, Skittalo

This story went... "dark"... fairly quick.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".