View Poll Results: What do you think should be done?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Old Censor filter

11 39.29%
  • Remove it entirely

16 57.14%
  • Other (Post)

3 10.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Swear Filter

Development Team

Swear Filter

Hi.

Something needs to be done to the swear filter. You can't even type a proper sentence anymore, specifically speaking when you're typing grammatically correct phrases. Would also be nice if we could decently talk in "texting" format, but that's a no go as well.

I personally think that perhaps the swear filter should just be removed entirely, Ol'West has that as an option, at least from when it first released. The filter has completely gone out of hand and is just such a hassle nowadays, and it really sucks when you type a paragraph and get told "No swearing" or whatever. Might I say that nowadays no one really seems to care anymore, everyone's going to find out how to evade the swear filter, there are no battles won in this case. I'd say stick to the old censor filter or remove it entirely.

Would be fantastic if something was actually done about it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Censored List

1 - hot hot
    2 - is it hot
    3 - was hit
    4 - i havent watched any anime in a few months
    5 - if u can
    Last edited by Tricky; 11-01-2018 at 03:59 PM.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

I completely agree that something should be done with the swear filter. I have spent time as a moderator in another game and i can tell you this was a big topic to debate. I personally feel with this game being aimed more towards a younger audience that there has to filter. I feel maybe the filter could be looked at and perhaps tweaked a bit. Have it re-evaluated and edited. There will always be cases where people will find a way to avoid the filter but for the sake of a good bit of younger players, I would prefer the filter.

How about we add a swear filter report button? Players notice these things, they should be able to report the problems with the swear filter. You can list like every drug, ie cocaine and almost every racial term, ie beaner. And you can't say certain terms like you used to not be able to say lifeguard, idk if you can now or not.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Whoever scripts the swear filter needs to work on it as its current state is no other then a Joke.

Like I legit end up typing a long sentence in chat only for it to be censored for containing "Rude words".

Man...
    Even Ol'West/Classic's swear filter is better and that's saying something.
    Come on guys, you can do way better then this.

I wanna be able to say what I have to say without the thought of it being censored. Like so much effort put in, gone in a matter of seconds.
    Sometimes I have to type it out word after word just to get my point.

Just remove the current swear filter as it has become a nuisance instead of protection.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Just remove the current swear filter as it has become a nuisance instead of protection.
    And replace it with what.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahfixCloud View Post
    And replace it with what.

If you really do want a new swear filter, then make one. So long as it isn't as dumb as the current one.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    If you really do want a new swear filter, then make one. So long as it isn't as dumb as the current one.
    There is just so many vulgar words.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahfixCloud View Post
    There is just so many vulgar words.

Maybe a system that filters the most prominent or well known vulgar words? Also, I don't get your logic just because there is surplus of vulgar words, it doesn't somehow mean we require an intrusive, carp filter

A more light censor system > An overreaching and redundant swear system that filters words like lifeguard, minigame etc
    Any day
    Last edited by BlackandWhite; 10-18-2018 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Used the wrong word lmao

"The world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people" -Mother Teresa
     Spoiler
    "Apple seeds average around 0.6mg hydrogen cyanide (HCN) per gram of dry seed. Since the lethal dose of HCN is estimated to be around 50mg, you will need around 85 grams of dry seeds. This is around half a cup... it requires a lot of apples."

Every swear filter in every game is bad, not much can really be done except toning the filter down to stop it filtering words being detected that are just two words put together. I think it has been brought up before and yeah the suggestions have been to just tone it down.