View Poll Results: What do you think should be done?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Old Censor filter

11 39.29%
  • Remove it entirely

16 57.14%
  • Other (Post)

3 10.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Swear Filter

Quote Originally Posted by ALLYDAQUEENOFALLDERPIES View Post
    can I be honest I think at this point remove but also keep young kids know all the bad stuff for this generation, also it is late to actually do something about filtering people are cursing anyways and ppl will always find loop holes .-. and if I am being honest even I curse all the time maybe you guys remove it but when people report you should jail them also I think you should also keep it for cyberbullying but then like I said people will find loop holes. Maybe you higher a bunch of staff or ppl under cover with powers for bullying situations. I just think there is a limit to doing stuff and there is taking it to far. If the kids are under age they have higher chance of hurting themselves versus young adults 18 + because they know to ignore it. I don't know. I am willing to message you more information or more on it but yah ...
    Ok so I have read this post a numerous time and I think to a certain degree I can translate it

"Can I be honest?- I think at this point just remove the censor filter. But it should also serve as a reminder for young kids to all the bad in this generation. In fact, it is late to take action in regards to filtering people, as they curse on a continual basis. As well as people will always find loopholes to the censor filter .-. If I had to be honest, even I curse all the time. Maybe just remove the censor filter altogether? But when people begin to report toxic individuals, admins should jail them, in fact for cyberbullying in general. But as I said again, people will always find loopholes. Maybe hire a bunch of staff or people in general, under cover with powers, for bullying situations. However, of course, I personally believe there should be a limit to this power and it should not exceed this limit. Kids generally have a higher chance of hurting themselves through toxic interaction, as compared to young adults; 18 +, due to the fact they recognise to ignore it. I don't know… I am willing to message you more information but yeh ..."

"The world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people" -Mother Teresa
     Spoiler
    "Apple seeds average around 0.6mg hydrogen cyanide (HCN) per gram of dry seed. Since the lethal dose of HCN is estimated to be around 50mg, you will need around 85 grams of dry seeds. This is around half a cup... it requires a lot of apples."

Development Team
    @Everyone

Gather sentences that you type out whether it be grammatically correct or not that had given you the "No swearing!" notification. Would be a big help. Cheers.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by HotPocketGenocide View Post
    Do you know how much anarchy could come from the lack of a filter? It would give way to so much harassment. Making a toxic community even more toxic. I'd love to see this guys lets make this happen.
    Wake up and smell the burning gas, m8. Era's already toxic. 3/4 of the people in jail are there due to Vulgarity, Racism, or sexual harassment.

My suggestion (and many others): Make an optional swear filter that's on when you start the game as a new player, but can be turned off later in the options menu. The filter will cause rude words that are censored now to appear as asterisks (**). the Asterics are Client-side.

It'll take lots of time and effort, but it's for the betterment of free speech and eliminating inconveniences.
    The one and only

LEPTO

feel free to pm me

Special thanks to Froz for making my avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lepto* View Post
    Wake up and smell the burning gas, m8. Era's already toxic. 3/4 of the people in jail are there due to Vulgarity, Racism, or sexual harassment.

My suggestion (and many others): Make an optional swear filter that's on when you start the game as a new player, but can be turned off later in the options menu. The filter will cause rude words that are censored now to appear as asterisks (**). the Asterics are Client-side.

It'll take lots of time and effort, but it's for the betterment of free speech and eliminating inconveniences.
    The thing is, Ol West did that and the one time I did play was a very negative experience. I was even getting bullied by a developer, like wtf? I think there would be consequinces created by doing that.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    @Everyone

Gather sentences that you type out whether it be grammatically correct or not that had given you the "No swearing!" notification. Would be a big help. Cheers.
    Still asking around <3

Last edited by Xiang IV; 10-27-2018 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Merging posts

Veteran mob
    Personally i want it to be removed.
    but for the sake of younger audience atleast make it an option just like on Ol'West so us older players can spell a proper sentence correctly without having something get censored.

Development Team
    I personally doubt that they'd give the option to turn on and turn off the swear filter, but I can see them doing the old censor filter for sure. Dunno really, it's up to them on how to approach the issue.

I'm going to edit my main post of sentences that are censored out, every while. Hmu with those sentences fam.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GrahfixCloud View Post
    The thing is, Ol West did that and the one time I did play was a very negative experience. I was even getting bullied by a developer, like wtf? I think there would be consequinces created by doing that.

Still asking around <3

I wouldn't have thought we'd ever have a server that would have an optional swear filter- as the game is designed to be rated for 12+ and to me that seems contradictory to maintaining that age rating.
    However Ol'West did it so i don't see why iera can't- it's up to the manager to weigh up whether it's possibly worth risking punishment from app stores over it though if the game gets checked (i don't know how these things work)

Quote Originally Posted by Vendhin View Post
    I wouldn't have thought we'd ever have a server that would have an optional swear filter- as the game is designed to be rated for 12+ and to me that seems contradictory to maintaining that age rating.
    However Ol'West did it so i don't see why iera can't- it's up to the manager to weigh up whether it's possibly worth risking punishment from app stores over it though if the game gets checked (i don't know how these things work)
    I don't mean to bash Ol West but I think Era is doing better than Ol West. The optional swear filter was turned off for me because I believe in freedom of speech. I dropped that because everyone was abusing the system. It wasn't like that, it was kinda toxic for me. The entire player base would start acting like those airport gangs. lol. Bet.

The word lifeguard is also banned

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleAngel57 View Post
    The word lifeguard is also banned
    Ik same with cucumber, John F Kennedy, minigame, Nonsense, get hotkeys, and just watched. We are working on a list. I used to have a list of flaws, believe or not they would change before this.