Thread: Advertising Era

Advertising Era

As most know, the player count is really hurting in Era right now. But I think if era advertised I it could gain at least 1k players or even bring some back. Also I know for a fact that google has advertising and you only have to pay when someone actually see the add. Millions of people use google daily, and this game has alot of potential. This game could be saved and the thousand people who have spent money and dedicated hours into this game wont regret it. If I have to I can make a ad template to be overlooked by admins and the players. Thanks and leave me your thoughts below.

Development Team
    Quote Originally Posted by UrMum View Post
    As most know, the player count is really hurting in Era right now. But I think if era advertised I it could gain at least 1k players or even bring some back. Also I know for a fact that google has advertising and you only have to pay when someone actually see the add. Millions of people use google daily, and this game has alot of potential. This game could be saved and the thousand people who have spent money and dedicated hours into this game wont regret it. If I have to I can make a ad template to be overlooked by admins and the players. Thanks and leave me your thoughts below.
    Honestly, just leave Unixmad for advertisements lol. You're just wasting your money that could be totally relevant elsewhere.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Veteran
    Era is gonna die. let it.

I don't think you understand how advertising works. First no, when you do google adds you still have to pay to bring your listing up or your add up. Have you ever noticed that whenever you search for something in general (ex: Carpet Cleaning) around two links will appear on top? That is paid, and when you click it it charges around $13~ (this is per click). I don't think that google advertising is best for a video game, most games advertise within other games because they want to grab gamers (and that type of advertising is NOT cheap at all, specially on bigger games).

Organic word advertising as well as google ads work better for businesses like restaurants, home improvement, etc etc, because people type that as their word to look for local businesses. It also works better for these type of businesses because they only have to compete locally to have their listings on top, whereas graal has to complete with all relevant video games because it is not a local entity.
    The only words associated with graal that people could look for and find graal would be something like "videogame" or idk, "gang game" but these are very competitive, so for graal to appear at the top it would have to compete with huge companies, and I don't think graal makes enough income to support that type of ad. So it would be a bad decision business wise.
    Maybe on smaller games it could work, but then again it depends on the income of the game, which I have no info on.

(This is on personal experience btw, you may be completely right, who knows).

Quote Originally Posted by NaniRima View Post
    I don't think you understand how advertising works. First no, when you do google adds you still have to pay to bring your listing up or your add up. Have you ever noticed that whenever you search for something in general (ex: Carpet Cleaning) around two links will appear on top? That is paid, and when you click it it charges around $13~ (this is per click). I don't think that google advertising is best for a video game, most games advertise within other games because they want to grab gamers (and that type of advertising is NOT cheap at all, specially on bigger games).

Organic word advertising as well as google ads work better for businesses like restaurants, home improvement, etc etc, because people type that as their word to look for local businesses. The only words associated with graal that people could look for and find graal would be something like "videogame" or idk, "gang game" but these are very competitive, so for graal to appear at the top it would have to compete with huge companies, and I don't think graal makes enough income to support that type of ad. So it would be a bad decision business wise.

Maybe on smaller games it could work, but then again it depends on the income of the game, which I have no info on.

(This is on personal experience btw, you may be completely right, who knows).
    That is very helpful information. :O You are very knowledgeable. Is there any type of advertising that could work, such as a billboard? Damn this reminds me of when I found Graal I was looking up gangster games. I still remember my first time playing I got like 5 kills in the first 10 minutes and everyone was running away from me. I was like MUAHAHAA FUN! Sorry, you just gave me nistolgia, we want the player base to increase because of experiences like these. Graal was like the PERFECT game. What about like social media advertising? We don't put enough faith in the game because it have sorta because like a lifestyle to us. It takes you away from reality. I had to search for months to figure out that Graal existed.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GrahfixCloud View Post
    That is very helpful information. :O You are very knowledgeable. Is there any type of advertising that could work, such as a billboard? Damn this reminds me of when I found Graal I was looking up gangster games. I still remember my first time playing I got like 5 kills in the first 10 minutes and everyone was running away from me. I was like MUAHAHAA FUN! Sorry, you just gave me nistolgia, we want the player base to increase because of experiences like these. Graal was like the PERFECT game. What about like social media advertising? We don't put enough faith in the game because it have sorta because like a lifestyle to us. It takes you away from reality. I had to search for months to figure out that Graal existed.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    If it is free advertising I would say social media is the best. On Instagram for example, there are hashtags, and I know they are cringe but it does attract a lot of people if they are interested in that type of games.

If it was paid advertising maybe doing ads on forums may be the best shot, because they are cheaper (as most forums are independent and fanmade and they need whatever money they can get to support the server) and because if done in the right forum it can appeal to the person enough to click the ad.

Another paid advertising would be advertising within a game, because again, advertising is also about knowing where to do it.

Its common logic, you don't want to advertise on apps about some random things. Usually how games advertise on games is within the ones related to the content, because they know the person playing them is interested in that genre of games. So per say, I assume you notice that when you play a puzzle game like Wordscapes, you will see that the advertising on the game will be of games that are puzzle like (on that app I see games like Candy Crush, Gardenscapes, and other games alike being advertised.) So usually companies want to advertise these games within their own genre.

The problem though is that not a lot of online games like graal don't do advertising within the game, so finding a game fit for graal ads may be a bit difficult..

Advertising is not the solution for a problem such era. The reputation of a game can not be changed by advertising. Every game die/will die one day. it can last few months or years, you cannot find a solution to make it alive sadly, only the community can make it alive again, by getting “entertained”.
    You can contact me via discord: killjoy#3040

Quote Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
    Advertising is not the solution for a problem such era. The reputation of a game can not be changed by advertising. Every game die/will die one day. it can last few months or years, you cannot find a solution to make it alive sadly, only the community can make it alive again, by getting “entertained”.
    Not really, I do believe one of the main things of it’s low player count is advertising. You can’t blame it on one thing solely, and we are only discussing the ad issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by NaniRima View Post
    Not really, I do believe one of the main things of it’s low player count is advertising. You can’t blame it on one thing solely, and we are only discussing the ad issue here.
    I second this. + rep
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".