Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Change to Era

Leveler
    Quote Originally Posted by UrMum View Post
    We all know that Era is dieing, but I want to know is if their will be any changes to help bring the players base up and when will they happen.

The new weapon changes have been nice but its not enough. Their is still only 2k players and and most are inactive due to school. Era has alot of potential and if most of the admins and the manager of Era himself, actually put in work they could restore/increase the player base.
    Wait wait, hold up.. dieing?
    Feel free to ask any question!

iZone Levels Admin

Zany
    All I'll say is
    1. The game is not dying. By saying the game is dead/dying has a much stronger meaning than people seem to understand. Is the population playing the game lower than it was before? Yes. However, dying would mean that almost nobody plays anymore, that no updates are ever put out, and no active individuals work on the game. This is not true for Era. The population is lower than before for many reasons, not just a single thing. The main thing is that the population that played originally and made up a large chunk of the base is now moved on and grown. We can't assume anything; by assuming things about why the game is having the changes it is, you're setting it up for failure.

2. Although I completely understand your point of view and by no means am trying to contradict you, try not to say anything in certainty unless you understand everything that is being discussed behind the scenes. Just because you don't see or know what is being added, what is being changed, and why what is being done is being done, does not mean that the people behind it put zero thought into it, or are doing nothing. I can guarantee you, every single active staff in the game is acutely aware of its many issues, and we are acutely aware of what the players want versus what we can do for them. There's an endless amount of things to balance in that process. Please, don't assume that we're twiddling our thumbs oblivious to what's going on. I don't mean any of this in an accusatory way. Just know, in everything we do, our intention is only to help the game and please the players. It's never to please ourselves, nor to ignore what is going on at the same time. However, just because one thing is added to the game doesn't mean we don't care about everything else that should be. <3

We're all doing our best. There are always limitations but just know that. You might not be able to see that, but we are. I would never say that just to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post
    All I'll say is
    1. The game is not dying. By saying the game is dead/dying has a much stronger meaning than people seem to understand. Is the population playing the game lower than it was before? Yes. However, dying would mean that almost nobody plays anymore, that no updates are ever put out, and no active individuals work on the game. This is not true for Era. The population is lower than before for many reasons, not just a single thing. The main thing is that the population that played originally and made up a large chunk of the base is now moved on and grown. We can't assume anything; by assuming things about why the game is having the changes it is, you're setting it up for failure.

2. Although I completely understand your point of view and by no means am trying to contradict you, try not to say anything in certainty unless you understand everything that is being discussed behind the scenes. Just because you don't see or know what is being added, what is being changed, and why what is being done is being done, does not mean that the people behind it put zero thought into it, or are doing nothing. I can guarantee you, every single active staff in the game is acutely aware of its many issues, and we are acutely aware of what the players want versus what we can do for them. There's an endless amount of things to balance in that process. Please, don't assume that we're twiddling our thumbs oblivious to what's going on. I don't mean any of this in an accusatory way. Just know, in everything we do, our intention is only to help the game and please the players. It's never to please ourselves, nor to ignore what is going on at the same time. However, just because one thing is added to the game doesn't mean we don't care about everything else that should be. <3

We're all doing our best. There are always limitations but just know that. You might not be able to see that, but we are. I would never say that just to say that.
    The game is really dying

Era has been at a 1.5k playerbase for a while now.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by GrahfixCloud View Post
    What makes you think players know better than admins? Have you ever heard an admin talk about these problems? Don't worry about numbers and have fun playing. Not trying to be a jerk, but admins got this. Trust in them

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, trust in the 5 of them making the game run.

Things don't change unless there's a staff team to warrant it. Thanks to the inactive/young/inexperienced playerbase, not many people meet their crieteria.

However, they have seemed to do some interesting things in the 2-3 months since I was gone. Let's wait and see what happens.
    The one and only

LEPTO

feel free to pm me

Special thanks to Froz for making my avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    The game is really dying
    Dude... Back it up if you are gonna say it....

Quote Originally Posted by GrahfixCloud View Post
    Dude... Back it up if you are gonna say it....

It’s obvious. Playbase slowlt going down down and down

- - - Updated - - -

Slowly

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    It’s obvious. Playbase slowlt going down down and down

- - - Updated - - -

Slowly
    That's getting less popular, not dying. For all we know it could stay the same for the next 5 years and then get really popular for whatever reason. Player world's die, Era isn't gonna have 0 admins working and 0 players playing. Maybe there are just less players rn cause they are busy playing Fortnite.

Veteran
    I give it until 2020-21

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Grief Hero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post
    All I'll say is

Google lists this as the following definition of dying:
    gradually ceasing to exist or function; in decline and about to disappear.
    Is the playerbase not declining, alongside it's released content and active staff members?

I saw. I conquered. I came.