Thread: Issues regarding the 2018 Crypt

Unhappy Issues regarding the 2018 Crypt

Intro
    Hello everyone I'm going to be addressing some things that I believe are unfair. There are some allegations that Junz had warped some players from MK back into a run after a crash. I dont know how true these claims are which is why I'm making this forum post to perhaps get a response from him admitting to doing this or if its just a rumor. If it is just a rumor I apologize to Junz, MK and Nasa and please disregard the rest of this post.

My argument
    Its no secret that this server has its issues and it can crash or lag pretty badly at unfortunate times like EC events, GST, and Crypt. Unfortunately this is something that all people/gangs experience. Because everyone experiences this it is very unfair to warp people back into events like this. If you remember the year that Flushy won GST it was dubbed the "Gang Crash Tournament" and there was never a rematch and no one was warped back into the event after crashing or lagging out. So why would Junz begin to warp people back into crypt. BBZ crypt lost several members to crashing and some bugs in crypt but we did not receive the same treatment as MK. Their run ended at 194. But 14 people were allegedly warped back into crypt and they were able to achieve round 270. Although round 270 is an impressive score they did not achieve this high run faithfully or under the same circumstances as the other crypt gangs.

Consequences
    I don't believe that Junz should be fired because of this, I believe that he does a lot of good for this game even though this is a complete abuse of power. I do believe that the gangs that got warped back in should be disqualified or the runs that they got warped back into should be invalidated.

Conclusion
    Keep the game fair by recognizing the games faults and issues that all players have to deal with. Theres no sense in having a competitive yearly event like this if its just going to be catering to gangs with high ranking admins on the team.

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by clorox View Post
    Intro
    Hello everyone I'm going to be addressing some things that I believe are unfair. There are some allegations that Junz had warped some players from MK back into a run after a crash. I dont know how true these claims are which is why I'm making this forum post to perhaps get a response from him admitting to doing this or if its just a rumor. If it is just a rumor I apologize to Junz, MK and Nasa and please disregard the rest of this post.

My argument
    Its no secret that this server has its issues and it can crash or lag pretty badly at unfortunate times like EC events, GST, and Crypt. Unfortunately this is something that all people/gangs experience. Because everyone experiences this it is very unfair to warp people back into events like this. If you remember the year that Flushy won GST it was dubbed the "Gang Crash Tournament" and there was never a rematch and no one was warped back into the event after crashing or lagging out. So why would Junz begin to warp people back into crypt. BBZ crypt lost several members to crashing and some bugs in crypt but we did not receive the same treatment as MK. Their run ended at 194. But 14 people were allegedly warped back into crypt and they were able to achieve round 270. Although round 270 is an impressive score they did not achieve this high run faithfully or under the same circumstances as the other crypt gangs.

Consequences
    I don't believe that Junz should be fired because of this, I believe that he does a lot of good for this game even though this is a complete abuse of power. I do believe that the gangs that got warped back in should be disqualified or the runs that they got warped back into should be invalidated.

Conclusion
    Keep the game fair by recognizing the games faults and issues that all players have to deal with. Theres no sense in having a competitive yearly event like this if its just going to be catering to gangs with high ranking admins on the team.
    Your analysis of the situation is incorrect. Let me explain what happened, and what will happen.
    Recently, we've been having severe server issues (this isn't just server 'lag', it's a lot more extreme than that) which has resulted in several crypt runs stopping mid-way due to either everyone's game closing, or due to NPCs momentarily freezing, and then everyone in crypt being kicked out.

This occured a few days ago with a gang called Nasa. They informed a management staff, who then checked logs (we're fully logging the crypt runs, and know who made it to which round).
    Then, as consequence, their run was re-started from the round at which they crashed, and everyone who was alive before the crash was allowed to participate.

Due to myself being aware of this, when I saw this occur I informed the manager, the manager then decided it would be appropriate to do the same for MK (of course, if it's done for one gang it should be done for all who are mid-crypt during a server restart).

I'm aware that other gangs have also encountered this issue. For instance, BBZ (round 110, 2 days ago), and I have forwarded this information to the manager who can then most likely allow for the members who were alive at that round to continue from 110.
    The only reason why nothing was done about this earlier was because no management staff were informed about this.

Additionally, during the server crash today, n0bes was crypting, and yet again, they were allowed to continue with the same members and at the same round prior to the crash.
    Also, I am aware Requiem crypt also crashed, and I have informed the relevant members of staff about this.

Stating that we are 'catering to gangs with high ranking admins on the team' simply isn't the case. What is, however, is that IF a gang did have a high admin on the team, it is significantly more likely that management will become aware of the issue, and thus resolve it. That's all there is to it.

If you encounter this issue and it hasn't been resolved, then tell a staff member to pass it onto the management team, and in future; avoid coming up with conspiracies when you're unaware of the whole truth behind a matter.