Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The problem with PC players

Exclamation The problem with PC players

PC used to be a great platform to play Era. Not exactly comparable to some phones because on some phones the game obviously looks better. I'm going to talk about old PC problems that have never been fixed and newer PC problems.

First off, the first problem that comes to mind with PC era is that it cannot handle that many things, even if you have some god PC with your GTX1050 ti or whatever it always lags, you can't blame it on the PC itself but the game, you can't tell me that your phone is better than handling a game then a PC. Like wheres the logic in that, for an example, if someone throws petrols or concussion grenades it instantly drops your FPS and it doesn't allow you to move that quickly with lag. When you're walking by start your screen freezes every now and then and your FPS drops again. Now minimizing your screen does help but only being able to see 5 pixles isnt the greatest thing ever. I couldn't complete the new halloween quest thing because when your walking through the forest the gray smoke blocks your screen completely and you cannot see anything at all! and above that your FPS is like 7 and you're lagging, you can't see the direction in which you are walking. Also the fog in the crypt lobby aslo causes lag so if you wanted to reduce the amount of players crashing you could've removed it even though that would barely help because when you did your runs everyone tried to destroy the server so you would'nt have a chance anyways

Another more recent problem is the lag issue, DTL has already made a forum post about this but I feel like I need to emphasize this. Recently, like 2 weeks ago PC players have been victims of serious lag. Everyone complains about our lag telling us to get wifi and other nonsense but they don't understand that this is a server issue with PC players. I check my actual ping to see if it's actually my wifi thats bugging but my ping is usually around 20-50ms but graal translates that to 500ms. This ping doesn't allow me to do events, for example, in classic killers bot, the bots hit me without actually hitting me on my screen, I cannot possibly win rush because it renders late. Sometimes during races i get to the block first but the guy behind me gets the EC because my delay. During spar tournament or tag team spar i can be kicked for ping as I saw DanielTheLawd get kicked out of spar tournament on his final round while he was winning due to his ping and I know he's on PC so hes facing the same problems. Basing is also not motivational because theres delay and when you shoot people it doesnt render and its just not good, I feel like I don't have to explain this because it's pretty self explanatory.

There are more problems but I do not have the motivation to make this message longer than it already is, I really hope the administration at least makes an effort to try to fix these problems

Both of these problems stem from the fact that the games on PC are being played through a website. It’s a lot better when you play through the graal playerworlds client. But players cannot play through there. And i would like to see a client for Era, Olwest, Zone, and Classic. But if that were to happen, more people would hack most likely. It would be easier as well, especially for Gani Hackers. I wish there was something that can be done, but Graal is a small playerbase overall and there’s not enough development staff to make a good stable client that has some decent form of anti-cheat protection. Like i said i wish there was a good solution, but i’m not really seeing one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean your ideas are solutions, you just need to find the how, bouncing back and forth in discussions could help, but maybe team up with a few developers and such?

~Lights Canavi

Sent from my RCT6K03W13 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSven View Post
    Both of these problems stem from the fact that the games on PC are being played through a website. It’s a lot better when you play through the graal playerworlds client. But players cannot play through there. And i would like to see a client for Era, Olwest, Zone, and Classic. But if that were to happen, more people would hack most likely. It would be easier as well, especially for Gani Hackers. I wish there was something that can be done, but Graal is a small playerbase overall and there’s not enough development staff to make a good stable client that has some decent form of anti-cheat protection. Like i said i wish there was a good solution, but i’m not really seeing one.

exactly era has not enough staff (you dont expect a game like this will have a lot of staff with a degree in development get no pay to work here) Even the controls in pc they make so hard to control it,players has been asking for changing the controls 2

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSven View Post

People who hack, commonly use CheatEngine. There's really no way around hackers, in all honesty. However, PC isn't the only one having issues, keep in mind. It's the entire server itself that doesn't really have the capacity to handle the "high amount" of players. The reason I put quotations around "high amount" is because, back in Era's prime, there used to be a daily of 4-5k if I'm not mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
    exactly era has not enough staff (you dont expect a game like this will have a lot of staff with a degree in development get no pay to work here) Even the controls in pc they make so hard to control it,players has been asking for changing the controls 2
    I mean, if you have ever played the Playerworld's Era, the controls are identical. The controls are practically the most straight-forward thing to comprehend.

Ya that pc lag is kinda annoying at rush and races but it's ez af to win spars with that lag although u get kicked in every 3rd spar tournement due to ur high ping
    Hey I have autism so please be patient and polite

How do you play era on pc the controls are so messed up like how am I suppose to use mouse and arrows it should be WASD

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Grief Hero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Victormaul24 View Post
    How do you play era on pc the controls are so messed up like how am I suppose to use mouse and arrows it should be WASD
    I've used key remapping software so I can play on PC with WASD. It's not difficult to get it working.

I saw. I conquered. I came.

Quote Originally Posted by Grief Hero View Post
    I've used key remapping software so I can play on PC with WASD. It's not difficult to get it working.
    May I have a link to that remapping software? I can't seem to find one that actually works within applications.

NA
    Quote Originally Posted by yaboirobb View Post
    PC used to be a great platform to play Era. Not exactly comparable to some phones because on some phones the game obviously looks better. I'm going to talk about old PC problems that have never been fixed and newer PC problems.

First off, the first problem that comes to mind with PC era is that it cannot handle that many things, even if you have some god PC with your GTX1050 ti or whatever it always lags, you can't blame it on the PC itself but the game, you can't tell me that your phone is better than handling a game then a PC. Like wheres the logic in that, for an example, if someone throws petrols or concussion grenades it instantly drops your FPS and it doesn't allow you to move that quickly with lag. When you're walking by start your screen freezes every now and then and your FPS drops again. Now minimizing your screen does help but only being able to see 5 pixles isnt the greatest thing ever. I couldn't complete the new halloween quest thing because when your walking through the forest the gray smoke blocks your screen completely and you cannot see anything at all! and above that your FPS is like 7 and you're lagging, you can't see the direction in which you are walking. Also the fog in the crypt lobby aslo causes lag so if you wanted to reduce the amount of players crashing you could've removed it even though that would barely help because when you did your runs everyone tried to destroy the server so you would'nt have a chance anyways

Another more recent problem is the lag issue, DTL has already made a forum post about this but I feel like I need to emphasize this. Recently, like 2 weeks ago PC players have been victims of serious lag. Everyone complains about our lag telling us to get wifi and other nonsense but they don't understand that this is a server issue with PC players. I check my actual ping to see if it's actually my wifi thats bugging but my ping is usually around 20-50ms but graal translates that to 500ms. This ping doesn't allow me to do events, for example, in classic killers bot, the bots hit me without actually hitting me on my screen, I cannot possibly win rush because it renders late. Sometimes during races i get to the block first but the guy behind me gets the EC because my delay. During spar tournament or tag team spar i can be kicked for ping as I saw DanielTheLawd get kicked out of spar tournament on his final round while he was winning due to his ping and I know he's on PC so hes facing the same problems. Basing is also not motivational because theres delay and when you shoot people it doesnt render and its just not good, I feel like I don't have to explain this because it's pretty self explanatory.

There are more problems but I do not have the motivation to make this message longer than it already is, I really hope the administration at least makes an effort to try to fix these problems
    use a android emulator on your pc and map the keys, the games thinks you are using a tablet but you are on your pc, you get the benefit of doing everything and having optimal ping and stuff without the middle man"browser", you can also enter the arcade on pc with a emulator... Do this only if you have a good graphics card and cpu since it takes up some memory but unlike the browser version it is worth the usage.