Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The problem with PC players

Quote Originally Posted by yaboirobb View Post
    PC used to be a great platform to play Era. Not exactly comparable to some phones because on some phones the game obviously looks better. I'm going to talk about old PC problems that have never been fixed and newer PC problems.

First off, the first problem that comes to mind with PC era is that it cannot handle that many things, even if you have some god PC with your GTX1050 ti or whatever it always lags, you can't blame it on the PC itself but the game, you can't tell me that your phone is better than handling a game then a PC. Like wheres the logic in that, for an example, if someone throws petrols or concussion grenades it instantly drops your FPS and it doesn't allow you to move that quickly with lag. When you're walking by start your screen freezes every now and then and your FPS drops again. Now minimizing your screen does help but only being able to see 5 pixles isnt the greatest thing ever. I couldn't complete the new halloween quest thing because when your walking through the forest the gray smoke blocks your screen completely and you cannot see anything at all! and above that your FPS is like 7 and you're lagging, you can't see the direction in which you are walking. Also the fog in the crypt lobby aslo causes lag so if you wanted to reduce the amount of players crashing you could've removed it even though that would barely help because when you did your runs everyone tried to destroy the server so you would'nt have a chance anyways

Another more recent problem is the lag issue, DTL has already made a forum post about this but I feel like I need to emphasize this. Recently, like 2 weeks ago PC players have been victims of serious lag. Everyone complains about our lag telling us to get wifi and other nonsense but they don't understand that this is a server issue with PC players. I check my actual ping to see if it's actually my wifi thats bugging but my ping is usually around 20-50ms but graal translates that to 500ms. This ping doesn't allow me to do events, for example, in classic killers bot, the bots hit me without actually hitting me on my screen, I cannot possibly win rush because it renders late. Sometimes during races i get to the block first but the guy behind me gets the EC because my delay. During spar tournament or tag team spar i can be kicked for ping as I saw DanielTheLawd get kicked out of spar tournament on his final round while he was winning due to his ping and I know he's on PC so hes facing the same problems. Basing is also not motivational because theres delay and when you shoot people it doesnt render and its just not good, I feel like I don't have to explain this because it's pretty self explanatory.

There are more problems but I do not have the motivation to make this message longer than it already is, I really hope the administration at least makes an effort to try to fix these problems
    Quick question - are you running multiple instances of other resource-demanding processes (i.e. Spotify, YouTube, etc.)? These affect the performance of your overall game experience with iEra and will more than likely cause framerate drops. Considering you are playing on the actual Internet browser itself, that in itself is already demanding resources from your random access memory (RAM), let alone having it be shared with other tabs.

Not to mention - your geographic location. Where you are located on the Earth drastically affects how your connection to servers will actually be.

I sometimes pay iEra on my Microsoft Surface Go laptop, which only has around 4GB of RAM, but it gets the job done very effectively because I only use this (I am replying from it, with exquisite performance) for programming and working on side-job projects in Visual Studio Code, a relatively lightweight code editor. However, I only have one or two other tabs running simultaneously as Graal.
    Last edited by Jordan Canavi; 12-29-2018 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Grammatical error!
    I fear not the man that practiced 10,000 lines of code once. But I fear the man who practiced one line of code 10,000 times.
    Jordan Canavi#5297

Quote Originally Posted by Victormaul24 View Post
    How do you play era on pc the controls are so messed up like how am I suppose to use mouse and arrows it should be WASD
    You can use I J K L to move around. Not just the arrow keys.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Grief Hero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayden-Jair View Post
    May I have a link to that remapping software? I can't seem to find one that actually works within applications.
    Mine comes with my Steelseries keyboard, and I just change my profiles with the dedicated profile keys whenever I'm using Facebook Gameroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Canavi View Post
    Quick question - are you running multiple instances of other resource-demanding processes (i.e. Spotify, YouTube, etc.)?
    Unless you're using a toaster, Spotify and YouTube shouldn't be resource demanding.

I saw. I conquered. I came.

Poor performance when playing Era embedded on a website stems from poor optimization probably. I really wish all the iPhone servers were accessible by players on the PC Client, and not just staff

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

Quote Originally Posted by Gabipants View Post
    Poor performance when playing Era embedded on a website stems from poor optimization probably. I really wish all the iPhone servers were accessible by players on the PC Client, and not just staff
    This. The reason Era runs like trash on every single PC is because it's limited by Adobe Flash. Era could've updated to Unity years ago and worked out a ton of the problems it has now with the client, but the big solution here is to just allow people to use the Playerworlds Portal. Sadly, the fact that you're immediately given a staff level by logging into Era iPhone from it was the most short-sighted thing they could've done 8 years ago, so we're stuck here. Using software that runs Teen Titans: Battle Blitz to play a game with 3,000 concurrent users.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone here from development on that scale ends up reading this, here's the shortlist of what has to get done for iEra's browser client

- Enable a setting that allows us to remove the bottom border friends-list.
    - Update the settings menu in the player menu to allow us to adjust volume with slider, not just turn it on or off. (This has been a thing since 2014)
    - Fix the effects rendering on anything with gif lighting. M4A3 Diamond Skin is a good example.
    - A ton of rooms in buildings just don't work because tiles don't render correctly. The entirety of Plasma Corp is a good example.
    - Half of the guns are missing sounds. M4A3, Maccus Uzi, KMP9 and a couple others come to mind.
    - It wouldn't be too hard to just remap the keys and allow us to walk with WASD/shoot with IJKL, do the reverse of that, or let people use WASD/Mouse. I don't think anyone actually tried the client before they decided to use it.
    - Allow us to disable clicking ourselves. When you get into a melee fight, you lose. It's that simple.
    - Any gas effect/explosion will crash the window you're using pretty quickly on chrome.

and the easiest way to fix that? let us use playerworlds, lol

- - - Updated - - -

oh last update this time i'm srs i'd pay like $10/mo to graal if they gave me VIP and let me use playerworlds as my client, if ur reading this management hmu this isn't a bribe it's a literal business idea
    Founding member of the Divine Family.
    Former Era Legacy Weapons Admin, Senior Player Relations, Gang Admin, Development Admin & Manager (for 8 hours!).

Quote Originally Posted by Forte View Post
    This. The reason Era runs like trash on every single PC is because it's limited by Adobe Flash. Era could've updated to Unity years ago and worked out a ton of the problems it has now with the client, but the big solution here is to just allow people to use the Playerworlds Portal. Sadly, the fact that you're immediately given a staff level by logging into Era iPhone from it was the most short-sighted thing they could've done 8 years ago, so we're stuck here. Using software that runs Teen Titans: Battle Blitz to play a game with 3,000 concurrent users.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone here from development on that scale ends up reading this, here's the shortlist of what has to get done for iEra's browser client

- Enable a setting that allows us to remove the bottom border friends-list.
    - Update the settings menu in the player menu to allow us to adjust volume with slider, not just turn it on or off. (This has been a thing since 2014)
    - Fix the effects rendering on anything with gif lighting. M4A3 Diamond Skin is a good example.
    - A ton of rooms in buildings just don't work because tiles don't render correctly. The entirety of Plasma Corp is a good example.
    - Half of the guns are missing sounds. M4A3, Maccus Uzi, KMP9 and a couple others come to mind.
    - It wouldn't be too hard to just remap the keys and allow us to walk with WASD/shoot with IJKL, do the reverse of that, or let people use WASD/Mouse. I don't think anyone actually tried the client before they decided to use it.
    - Allow us to disable clicking ourselves. When you get into a melee fight, you lose. It's that simple.
    - Any gas effect/explosion will crash the window you're using pretty quickly on chrome.

and the easiest way to fix that? let us use playerworlds, lol

- - - Updated - - -

oh last update this time i'm srs i'd pay like $10/mo to graal if they gave me VIP and let me use playerworlds as my client, if ur reading this management hmu this isn't a bribe it's a literal business idea
    allowing players using playerworlds would mean a lot more hackers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its not impossible to block players with cheatengine from connecting, if they had a dedicated client for people to play on iServers they could potentially stop cheatengine users