Thread: Base Designs and Forting Rules

Gangster Hat Base Designs and Forting Rules

Something that has bothered me a lot since I came back to basing are the new base designs. The idea of having people spawn all the way in separate heal rooms is so unnecessary, and literally everyone in era hates this new concept. It makes the pace of basing and forting extremely slower, which takes the fun out of both of these. This, including the new fort rules, have led to the decline of forters and basers. Now that forting is dead, many pkers who relied on forts have quit as well, and pking in general has been on a steady decline. It's changes like this that have led to the decline of the overall number of players. I believe that the old base designs, where there was no respawning in a heal room, should come back to the game. Of course you can keep Neo as how it is, but bases like Lethal and Tachi should be changed back. Also, I believe that the old fort rules should be implemented back in the game. Many people agree with me, and I hope that the admins will put this into thought.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeweeVelo View Post
    Something that has bothered me a lot since I came back to basing are the new base designs. The idea of having people spawn all the way in separate heal rooms is so unnecessary, and literally everyone in era hates this new concept. It makes the pace of basing and forting extremely slower, which takes the fun out of both of these. This, including the new fort rules, have led to the decline of forters and basers. Now that forting is dead, many pkers who relied on forts have quit as well, and pking in general has been on a steady decline. It's changes like this that have led to the decline of the overall number of players. I believe that the old base designs, where there was no respawning in a heal room, should come back to the game. Of course you can keep Neo as how it is, but bases like Lethal and Tachi should be changed back. Also, I believe that the old fort rules should be implemented back in the game. Many people agree with me, and I hope that the admins will put this into thought.

I do not like it very much, but for the 2 bases it takes less than 15 seconds to get to the flagroom....(I think on all bases except GZ and NEO)
    if you have to change the respawn of some base NEO and GZ are the ones indicated

Go read the old thread about the reasons of making healrooms.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesnt take 15 seconds. Took only approximately 5-7 seconds, depends on what base you are in.

Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    Go read the old thread about the reasons of making healrooms.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesnt take 15 seconds. Took only approximately 5-7 seconds, depends on what base you are in.

Read my post well thank you. I said less than 15 seconds

Just disable healrooms for forts and bring back the old fort rules and problem solved.. The healrooms are unnecessary for forts and the new fort rules are the reason most people quit/are inactive.
    Admins - - ERA

Quote Originally Posted by iHit View Post
    Just disable healrooms for forts and bring back the old fort rules and problem solved.. The healrooms are unnecessary for forts and the new fort rules are the reason most people quit/are inactive.
    The old fort mechanics didn't take much skill in my opinion, All you had to do was stand at a wall and spam the doors with gang members, it took no strategy whatsoever. The newer mechanic makes it more strategic compared to just wall spamming. Back then it was whoever had the most spammy guns and whoever could take the entrance first so they can just spam kills and not let any other gang have a chance since the other gangs couldnt make it through the front door because they kept dying as soon as they entered the base. It was unbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Canavi View Post
    The old fort mechanics didn't take much skill in my opinion, All you had to do was stand at a wall and spam the doors with gang members, it took no strategy whatsoever. The newer mechanic makes it more strategic compared to just wall spamming. Back then it was whoever had the most spammy guns and whoever could take the entrance first so they can just spam kills and not let any other gang have a chance since the other gangs couldnt make it through the front door because they kept dying as soon as they entered the base. It was unbalanced.
    And now it's boring as hell and pretty much the same unbalanced crap like it was before the changes just with a lot less pks..

The gang that reces up the most first and takes the flag before the fort even starts so that they can camp in healroom or near the flag has the most change of winning without even getting the most pks in the first place.
    This is for bases like gz (outside flagroom), tachi (healroom), neo (literally near the double doors for the enterance in the flagroom),pz (in sandroom), (and bh maybe?)

Considering that the top gang almost always reces 25 players there is almost no chance for the other gangs to take the flag after the fort has started and it's mostly because of how era's bases are made. Bases like pz or tachi should not be used for fort since you can just stand with few people and 1 person that heals you with valentine bombs and you pretty much have impenetrable defence.

I think fort changes should be reversed since nothing was improved with the new rules. It just made forting less fun and pks harder to get.

The old fort mechanics didn't take much skill in my opinion, All you had to do was stand at a wall and spam the doors with gang members, it took no strategy whatsoever. The newer mechanic makes it more strategic compared to just wall spamming.
    The only strategy that is being used is making those impenetrable defences and taking the base before the fort even starts so you can camp in places that you are only able to reach if you hold the base or camping in places near the flagroom where you don't get killed when the flag gets reseted (like the sandroom in pz.)

Back then it was whoever had the most spammy guns and whoever could take the entrance first so they can just spam kills and not let any other gang have a chance since the other gangs couldnt make it through the front door because they kept dying as soon as they entered the base.
    Spammy guns still own the forts cause if you hold the base you don't need to move much to get pks. Now instead of whoever takes the entrance first it's whoever takes the flag first... Now you can get through the enterance but that's mostly cause there are less people forting. You still see people around the entrances but they are easier to kill now cause as I said, there are less people forting. And in the case of bases like bfz and pz most people don't even try to take the flag after 5 minutes in the fort since it's pretty much impossible and they camp around the entrance.
    Last edited by iHit; 11-11-2018 at 10:18 PM.
    Admins - - ERA

I would suggest rereading the thread in which Bitzsam talked about what he was hoping to accomplish by changing it this way. I think pretty much everything is the way he foresaw. It takes a lot more skill the way it is now compared to before, and also gangs that rec 25 members don't get hardly any $$, so it's not always a win-win.

Honestly if they fixed the Basing/Fort system and made the gratlat income better( To help keep new players) Graal would have more players.