Thread: Non-Spoiler Review of Red Dead Redemption 2

Non-Spoiler Review of Red Dead Redemption 2

* This is a non-spoiler review, meaning that I'll NOT go into detail in parts concerning the main storyline.
    * Please abide by your nation's laws, meaning that if they've banned a certain video game, say Red Dead Redemption 2, my hype doesn't justify the purchase of the video game illegally.
    *These are just my opinions of Red Dead Redemption 2, if you disagree with me-- then, okay. Opinions change from person to person, you're free to voice your opinion via thread reply as long as you don't harass anyone or spoil the story.

The Review:
    First things first, I love Red Dead Redemption 2 (aka RDR 2) and and mourned when I completed the main storyline, as the missions were fun, the characters were interesting and I simply didn't want it to end. However, within the story, it constantly kept on missing opportunities in serval places to expand it, and kept on cutting it off when things were becoming more interesting than they already were. Which is a problem as you'd go off, bond with Lenny or Sean (names of two gang members), and not see them again (mission-wise) for some time. And about the "missing opportunities" part, well, it's just as it sounds: there were instances where the story could have been "pushed to another level", but it felt like Rockstar kept on saying "Okay, I'm done here. NEXT!", and the fact that it would be a while until you saw that guy's face (mission-wise) certainly didn't help things out. And the ending... It didn't really feel like an ending, it felt just like I was doing just another revenge mission, not finishing one of my favorite games. But other than that, the story was awesome. I'm serious, I really did enjoy.

Going to the gameplay, there are things there that annoy me, but they're only two: the bounty hunters somehow know where you are, and their spawn rate is simply, well, annoying! It also seems that every NPC in the game is a snitch that likes to brownnose the lawmen (also, if you commit a crime, the game will purposely increase the spawn rate of townsfolk/travelers). But, again, other than it, everything is good & I love it.

ALSO: There are people claiming that Red Dead Redemption 2 becomes boring once the campaign has been beaten, but I find that completely false. I like to go round, jumping from roof to roof, silently take people out, loot them, and dispose the evidence, mainly by dumping it in a river or hiding it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, for some reason, the game decides to completely crash if you lose connection to the internet...

I don't understand the logic in that, and also, when I was playing offline in Grand Theft Auto V it kept on running perfectly if connection to Xbox Live was lost for whatever reason. Why did you downgrade?
    Last edited by Abdullah1441; 11-25-2018 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    * This is a non-spoiler review, meaning that I'll NOT go into detail in parts concerning the main storyline.
    * Please abide by your nation's laws, meaning that if they've banned a certain video game, say Red Dead Redemption 2, my hype doesn't justify the purchase of the video game illegally.
    *These are just my opinions of Red Dead Redemption 2, if you disagree with me-- then, okay. Opinions change from person to person, you're free to voice your opinion via thread reply as long as you don't harass anyone or spoil the story.

The Review:
    First things first, I love Red Dead Redemption 2 (aka RDR 2) and and mourned when I completed the main storyline, as the missions were fun, the characters were interesting and I simply didn't want it to end. However, within the story, it constantly kept on missing opportunities in serval places to expand it, and kept on cutting it off when things were becoming more interesting than they already were. Which is a problem as you'd go off, bond with Lenny or Sean (names of two gang members), and not see them again (mission-wise) for some time. And about the "missing opportunities" part, well, it's just as it sounds: there were instances where the story could have been "pushed to another level", but it felt like Rockstar kept on saying "Okay, I'm done here. NEXT!", and the fact that it would be a while until you saw that guy's face (mission-wise) certainly didn't help things out. And the ending... It didn't really feel like an ending, it felt just like another I was doing just another revenge mission, not finishing one of my favorite games. But other than that, the story was awesome. I'm serious, I really did enjoy.

Going to the gameplay, there are things there that annoy me, but they're only two: the bounty hunters somehow know where you are, and there spawn rate is simply, well, annoying! It also seems that every NPC in the game is a snitch that likes to brownnose the lawmen (also, if you commit a crime, the game will purposely increase the spawn rate of townsfolk/travelers). But, again, other than it, everything is good & I love it.

ALSO: There are people claiming that Red Dead Redemption 2 becomes boring once the campaign has been beaten, but I find that completely false. I like to go round, jumping from roof to roof, silently take people out, loot them, and dispose the evidence, mainly by dumping it in a river or hiding it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, for some reason, the game decides to completely crash if you lose connection to the internet...

I don't understand the logic in that when I'm playing offline and Grand Theft Auto V kept on running perfectly if connection to Xbox Live was lost for whatever reason. Why did you downgrade?
    Tbh i'm just waiting on the multiplayer

Quote Originally Posted by Bluen View Post
    Tbh i'm just waiting on the multiplayer
    Who isn't? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Who isn't? Lol
    well I mean there is some people who just play the story mode and not multiplayer.

well I mean there is some people who just play the story mode and not multiplayer.
    True that.

Hopefully there is some DLC to authur.

Hopefully there is some DLC to authur.
    What exactly do you have in mind?

My bad for the spoiler as it contained revealing info apparently.

I meant to say that Authur should have optional ways of ending the story at the end or very end.
    Last edited by Bluen; 11-23-2018 at 07:54 PM. Reason: SPOILERS