Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the Fortress Won't Work, and The Real Way to Fix Basing

Why the Fortress Won't Work, and The Real Way to Fix Basing

Hello, my name is Bill and I am the leader of the gang called Catalyst. Recently there has been talks of the "fortress" that is due to come out. And I just wanted to say that the fortress WILL NOT fix basing at all. Your only giving the upper tier obsidian sucker gangs even more rewards. Let me explain:

The gangs NBK, Obsidian, Arcane, Region, and Grim are all "allied" within this game. While yes there is 3 flags yet you count 5 gangs that are all "allied".
    That is problem number one, yet it is easily fixed as many of those gangs could not fight for themselves on this server. All of those gangs rely on using dukes account or using other leaders to carry their gang themselves. While I could throw shots at gang leaders right now, I am not going to, and I ask no one throws shots at any leaders under this post. Anyway, Grim will take a shift at the fortress, as will Region. And since "The Alliance" loses hours everyday to raiders. The fortress will only make it easier and easier for them to make shifts within it and keep a continuous flow of hours. Now, while you say that this will keep the gang out of the regular basing map. It won't. NBK has gangs liked forced, arcane can make another gang to home base gurre, and now your basically giving gangs even more rewards.

The REAL solution to the basing problem is: DO NOT LET PEOPLE USE OTHER PEOPLES ACCOUNTS.

Ban the idea of letting regular members or people other than the account owner to use their account. Look at Mafia right now, Imperium is fighting Duke. I know of more then 5 people who have access to Dukes account. While Duke is widely known on the server, this makes the war easy for smaller gangs. Bruno uses dukes account to win mafia this way his gang can have it after he's done with using Dukes popularity. While yes even I am at fault for letting people use my account, I 100% agree it is UNFAIR. Having people use your account so your constantly online for hours at a time ruins basing

To sum up my post:

The fortress is NOT the solution, and this is coming from someone who cannot stand the higher up gangs who band together.

The real solution: BAN Account Sharing. People use Dukes account to win wars in basing they cannot win themselves.

Do you have any suggestions to enforce people using one account? Since the only way to save data out of one device is by identification, how can the banning of accounts ever be enforced? Can't use IP restrictions because of regularly interchanging addresses between a cellular service and a home router.
    Even then, dukes one account can't beat the alliance. Like the example: "25 of the best players on graal can't beat an alliance of 100 players".
    I'm suggesting that you come up with another solution to your discontent with the upcoming Fortress. Account sharing will never be banned.

At this point you might as well reduce the number of bases that way people are forced to compete. I agree the current basing situation is outrageous and idk anyone that would disagree with that. Basing should never be a farming method for free rewards and it’s ridiculous how there’s stronger gangs coming in that deserve the bases more yet they can’t do anything since 40+ gangs are allied and won’t allow anyone outside of their alliance to base. And yea, Bills right about fortress, larger gangs can just split shifts at fortress while making a second gang to hold on to their home bases then it’s just the same thing all over again. And Jayden you’re wrong, yes dukes account can’t beat a whole alliance but when you got all these supporters and your accounts on 24/7 filling up multiple tags then maybe it’s a lot more than 25v100. Some might disagree with this post but you gotta see the point, gang rewards were not meant to be farmed, and when there’s 30 weak gangs getting spoon feed hours by larger gangs then there must be a problem with that, can’t wait to see 30 gangs walking around the next few months with gang hats and hideouts, really makes rewards more rare.
    If you have any questions or concerns towards era, be sure to send me a message.
     Spoiler
    Admins walking through start.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayden-Jair View Post
    Do you have any suggestions to enforce people using one account? Since the only way to save data out of one device is by identification, how can the banning of accounts ever be enforced? Can't use IP restrictions because of regularly interchanging addresses between a cellular service and a home router.
    Even then, dukes one account can't beat the alliance. Like the example: "25 of the best players on graal can't beat an alliance of 100 players".
    I'm suggesting that you come up with another solution to your discontent with the upcoming Fortress. Account sharing will never be banned.
    The solution is not letting kids use leaders accounts to recruit 24/7. Its clear.

It’s hard to tell if someone is sharing an account because there are some people who would play Era hour after hour. Your solution of banning people for sharing accounts when basing seems a bit harsh because you would need solid evidence of them sharing accounts which would be really hard to obtain. The real solution would be limiting the availability of bases daily so there would be more competition over the limited amount of bases, this will surely ruin the alliance because everyone is on the hunt for gang rewards and will not stop for nothing.

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Let’s be honest here. Bill. You’re known to have bullied a lot of gangs in the past and especially the smaller gangs. I do agree with Fortress isn’t going to fix **** but Duke out of every other leader is actually creating a whole new generation of basing, giving new people chances to ACTUALLY have a chance at getting rewards without bigger gangs targetting them. Some people may think it’s stupid or what ever but I don’t mind. I do small raids to get my name known in game
    But I don’t go out of my way to walk myself into a death trap and war all of The Alliance. Everything takes time to get to where you want to be. I can see that you’ve tired yourself by warring something you fought you could win.
    Overall I don’t mind The Alliance. It’s a chance for a new generation of Era.

Quote Originally Posted by GraalGamer99 View Post
    Let’s be honest here. Bill. You’re known to have bullied a lot of gangs in the past and especially the smaller gangs. I do agree with Fortress isn’t going to fix **** but Duke out of every other leader is actually creating a whole new generation of basing, giving new people chances to ACTUALLY have a chance at getting rewards without bigger gangs targetting them. Some people may think it’s stupid or what ever but I don’t mind. I do small raids to get my name known in game
    But I don’t go out of my way to walk myself into a death trap and war all of The Alliance. Everything takes time to get to where you want to be. I can see that you’ve tired yourself by warring something you fought you could win.
    Overall I don’t mind The Alliance. It’s a chance for a new generation of Era.

Duke has destroyed the base system completely (you can read my post Decrease the bases) which gives "new gangs" to do nothing on base(afk) and win free hours without effort.

Also if you want you can read my old post called An idea to break the peace of the bases

“Obsidian sucker gangs” Lmao you’re a clown. Keep crying and making more excuses

Banning accoount sharing isnt going to solve this problem. The solution that I'm going to impose might though. If admins lowered the amount of the bases the gangs would be forced to war eachother. Also I don't just mean 1 base because simply the weakest gang will just die but like 4-5 bases and it should be the bases that the high tier gangs own like NBK and OBS and then the weaker gangs like region and grim and arcane. This will make them take other bases. The fortress idea should just be scratched because NBK and OBS can EASILY take down the rest of the gangs that have over 10k hours and just farm the fortress for free hours because not even the random gangs can raid them. After NBK and OBS home the fortress + one lucky gang because theres 3 flags, the other gangs will just make new gangs and simply go for 2k. Thats just one possible outcome because they can also share shifts in the fortress, and even if nbk and obs killed the other gangs, the other gangs would simply wait till nbk and obs gets their rewards and they will take turns farming the fortress. To finish this reply off, the real way to kill the alliance is to lower the amount of bases, only allow players to join 1 gang at a time, and then im sure we can find more solutions along the way to completely fix this problem.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by yaboirobb View Post
    Banning accoount sharing isnt going to solve this problem. The solution that I'm going to impose might though. If admins lowered the amount of the bases the gangs would be forced to war eachother. Also I don't just mean 1 base because simply the weakest gang will just die but like 4-5 bases and it should be the bases that the high tier gangs own like NBK and OBS and then the weaker gangs like region and grim and arcane. This will make them take other bases. The fortress idea should just be scratched because NBK and OBS can EASILY take down the rest of the gangs that have over 10k hours and just farm the fortress for free hours because not even the random gangs can raid them. After NBK and OBS home the fortress + one lucky gang because theres 3 flags, the other gangs will just make new gangs and simply go for 2k. Thats just one possible outcome because they can also share shifts in the fortress, and even if nbk and obs killed the other gangs, the other gangs would simply wait till nbk and obs gets their rewards and they will take turns farming the fortress. To finish this reply off, the real way to kill the alliance is to lower the amount of bases, only allow players to join 1 gang at a time, and then im sure we can find more solutions along the way to completely fix this problem.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
    Actually lowering the amount of bases would be cancer because then the strong gangs would just monopolize the fewer bases and then there would truly be a basing disaster