Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Why the Fortress Won't Work, and The Real Way to Fix Basing

Quote Originally Posted by Grief Hero View Post
    It's going to be difficult, considering there's so few spots available for those who have 10k+. Only those who are in the top 5 will get anything for that season, which will hopefully mean people will compete instead of giving up their place.
    Overall, all standard rewards will have significantly higher hour requirements in order to obtain them, so having "shifts" will make it take a lot longer to get anything.
    Most of these smaller gangs are happy with a 4 hour daily shift. They won’t care for waiting longer as long as they are guaranteed 4 hours a day, and what happens if a gang raids? You have 2 larger gangs that have no business being there fill 2 war tags and take the base back for them. Same things going to happen in fortress except that all nbk/obs can just abandon the fortress since it’s locked for 10k hour gangs so they wouldn’t even be worried about raids. Also there’s not many gangs over 10k hours that would actually go in and compete, if anything they would just get a shift at the 3rd base to slowly get their last reward goal while starting on a new tag if there’s any motivation left. As of now there’s 5 gangs over 10k that actively base so how would this top 5 leaderboard exactly fix things? Would just open up the door for more free rewards.
    If you have any questions or concerns towards era, be sure to send me a message.
     Spoiler
    Admins walking through start.

The way I see it, it’s impossible to fix the current basing system. The only way I know that this would work is if you were to completely wipe the gang scoreboard, remove every single hour that each gang has accumulated. And even if you were to somehow get most of the basing population to agree with this, there would be no incentive to get hours unless you offer a extremely limited item that only a couple of gangs would be able to get. Plus, who’s to say that the gangs wouldn’t go back to their alliance unless you remove some bases entirely?

But if everyone had their gang hours wiped, gangs would be looking to restore what they’ve lost. People would be unwilling to help other gangs because they’ll be too focused on their own base, trying to gain hours to get the aforementioned limited edition item, which leads to newer gangs having a chance because now it would be just a one on one scenario with gangs.

It’s an extreme measure, for sure. But unfortunately extreme measures are needed due to the nature of basing. Doing this would level the playing field because then EVERYONE would be looking to gain hours for themselves, instead of helping other gangs. And another thing you can do to enforce that is by using an idea that was put forward in a previous post: prevent people from joining a different basing tag if they already have one. If they leave their basing tag, they cannot rejoin for a set amount of time.

As a guy who’s been playing Era since ‘11, this is honestly the only way that I can think of that restores competitivity between gangs again instead of this stagnant bull****.

EDIT
    And sure. Most people would probably disagree with this, saying that they would have wasted their time getting so many hours. The way I see it, most of these gangs farmed for their hours. I would know. I’m a part of this system that propagates this nonsense. Barely having to work for a reward feels empty. It doesn’t feel right, it doesn’t feel as if I earned it. A lot of people may not agree with me, but unless you can level the playing field COMPLETELY in a different way, this is the best course of action.
    Old endings, New beginnings.
    Player since 2010. Don't believe me? I don't care
    Don't agree with something I said? I don't care
    (Just kidding, send me a message)

Need any help? Shoot me a message on the forums! (Not checking for pms in-game, very inactive)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Grief Hero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zernov View Post
    Most of these smaller gangs are happy with a 4 hour daily shift. They won’t care for waiting longer as long as they are guaranteed 4 hours a day, and what happens if a gang raids? You have 2 larger gangs that have no business being there fill 2 war tags and take the base back for them. Same things going to happen in fortress except that all nbk/obs can just abandon the fortress since it’s locked for 10k hour gangs so they wouldn’t even be worried about raids. Also there’s not many gangs over 10k hours that would actually go in and compete, if anything they would just get a shift at the 3rd base to slowly get their last reward goal while starting on a new tag if there’s any motivation left. As of now there’s 5 gangs over 10k that actively base so how would this top 5 leaderboard exactly fix things? Would just open up the door for more free rewards.
    If there's only 5 active 10k+ gangs, then we're just going to have to adjust the rewards to only give points to a certain percentage of active gangs.

I saw. I conquered. I came.

This might sound odd, but I felt like I was watching ReviewTechUSA while reading the very first post.