Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Why the Fortress Won't Work, and The Real Way to Fix Basing

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    No, we aren't punishing them and making them lose hours. Read the first part of the thread first. The alliance is bullying single gangs, imperium, dead sec, wyvern, embro, etc. Look at the map and look at the wars.
    Basing should never be about teams. The alliance was a huge group even before I brought my gang into the big war. Know the facts about the wars before you say that we are trying to "take hours" and saying its not a group vs 1.
    It's not a group vs 1, all of the gangs you named + PvP are together fighting the aliance in a team called "Anti Aliance"
    Admins - - ERA

Quote Originally Posted by JD M View Post
    Punishment should not be a thing to basing. We need something to restrict instead of punishing. The Alliance is just abusing the weakness of current basing system.

i know, I also do not like my idea very much but I would add a few months to punish the gangs for winning enough free hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iHit View Post
    It's not a group vs 1, all of the gangs you named + PvP are together fighting the aliance in a team called "Anti Aliance"
    Imperium, Embro, DeadSec-> they are not ¨anti-alliance¨

Quote Originally Posted by JD M View Post
    What the alliance promoting is using least amount of players to get optimum basing hours.

If 'Having one basing tag' system is implemented, the alliance wont be able to use other tag to take base.

Lets use Duke as main character. Duke is obsidian leader. He wont be able to join Lightsout if Obsidian is holding a base as long as he has obsidian tag. Same happens to other alliance people, they wont be able to help other gangs to get a base if they have a gang tag which holding a base.

If Obsidian loses neo zone, they will be able to join other basing gangs to help. The alliance will have to leave their own tag to help other. I dont think leader or rank would do that. If so, make another system which ban players who leave gang from joining again for 1 hour.
    That's the issue. This system would work perfectly if the alliance was only carried by a few individuals. The problem is, you don't need the best guns obtainable. All you need is a balanced average gun such as the M4. Having 50 M4's against another gang is pointless if they can coordinate and form a gun wall (as I have seen with and without the recent gun buff). If one payed close attention, the alliance does not care who they recruit as long as they have a decent gun to shoot with.
    This is a very complex issue to explain but I'll take the dangerous route of over simplification.
    Essentially, people will always find a way to exploit the system. The only thing people can do is accommodate to make the exploitation as little as possible. Adding fortress will kind of sort out "the layers of the cake" by acknowledging that there will be a kind of "class society".
    Kind of like how Veterans Pizza is set up essentially.
    What I'm trying to say is that Bitzsam really thought this out. This might be the best solution available but if anyone could come up with a way that could be even more effective? Then really, you have found a very sacred moral with that discovery that can be applied in real world situations.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Grief Hero's Avatar
    While I hate every alliance leader, I've already spoken to them. It is clear they plan to do shifts in fortress and make extra tags for their bases on the regular map. The fortress wont work with the current idea of it. Im not trying to shoot down the idea, I'm all for trying to fix basing.
    Are gangs still going for total hours or are they aiming to be on the seasonal scoreboard which is the top 5?

I saw. I conquered. I came.

Quote Originally Posted by iHit View Post
    The alliance consists of over 15 gangs and the "anti alliance" is like 5 (wyvern catalyst pvp m2s and embro) so it pretty is pretty much rape on a 2d pixel game

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grief Hero View Post
    Are gangs still going for total hours or are they aiming to be on the seasonal scoreboard which is the top 5?
    They care about getting rewards. That's all

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Grief Hero's Avatar
    They care about getting rewards. That's all
    It's going to be difficult, considering there's so few spots available for those who have 10k+. Only those who are in the top 5 will get anything for that season, which will hopefully mean people will compete instead of giving up their place.
    Overall, all standard rewards will have significantly higher hour requirements in order to obtain them, so having "shifts" will make it take a lot longer to get anything.

I saw. I conquered. I came.

Quote Originally Posted by GraalGamer99 View Post
    Let’s be honest here. Bill. You’re known to have bullied a lot of gangs in the past and especially the smaller gangs. I do agree with Fortress isn’t going to fix **** but Duke out of every other leader is actually creating a whole new generation of basing, giving new people chances to ACTUALLY have a chance at getting rewards without bigger gangs targetting them. Some people may think it’s stupid or what ever but I don’t mind. I do small raids to get my name known in game
    But I don’t go out of my way to walk myself into a death trap and war all of The Alliance. Everything takes time to get to where you want to be. I can see that you’ve tired yourself by warring something you fought you could win.
    Overall I don’t mind The Alliance. It’s a chance for a new generation of Era.
    If I wasnt mistaken, obsidian exist long time ago than most of the players who just started playing era. Obsidian is a freaking old gang. I cant count how many times obsidian get defeat and then nbk back to carry them? They are actually useless without alliance and nbk. I dont think it is a 'new' generation of era? They are just a stone that blocking freedom of gangs having fun and taking base. It is bored to see the daily basing routine of era.

Yea duke is creating chance but the chance is for gangs which only suck for hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Making season reward is useless. It only allows major gang to farm them. Breaking the peace is the way if we want basing to be competitive.

Why are people so afraid of nbk ??? that gang has 25k hours thanks to obsidian, lmaoo, he has not won a single war he has always needed help from obsidian....(If he has won a war it has been thanks to obsidian)

Ebizou base would have eaten them in 1 day....

Quote Originally Posted by Grief Hero View Post
    It's going to be difficult, considering there's so few spots available for those who have 10k+. Only those who are in the top 5 will get anything for that season, which will hopefully mean people will compete instead of giving up their place.
    Overall, all standard rewards will have significantly higher hour requirements in order to obtain them, so having "shifts" will make it take a lot longer to get anything.
    Fortress will eventually just turn into a place for free hours for them. Even if they war, NBK and Obs will come on top. Then like always region and grim will beg for a shift. Im not throwing shots. But, the fortress will just make it even easier and more of a "coast" to their rewards.