Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Why the Fortress Won't Work, and The Real Way to Fix Basing

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Grief Hero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayden-Jair View Post
    This is not hard to script at all. Let's clarify that. The issue is something soluble for everyone without making it 10 times as hard for someone to obtain gang rewards than previous gangs.
    Why don't you do us all a favor and script it for us????

I saw. I conquered. I came.

Quote Originally Posted by JD M View Post
    Having one basing tag would be the best solution. For example, players who own Obsidian gang tag even though they are not wearing it, wont be able to get rec invitation to Lightsout which holding another base. If a player gets rec to a gang which get the base, they will get aumatically kicked.

This is pretty hard to be scripted

This idea can actually avoid gangs helping each other.
    This is where the context of this post will come from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grief Hero View Post
    Why don't you do us all a favor and script it for us????
    I would be happy to once I learn all there is to GS2.
    Even then, it won't do anyone any good if I make a script to honor what JD M said. This is not a sound solution as having one "basing" tag per player in relation to current control bases will not solve the ability for alliances to help out anyways. Because after all, you don't need the main tag to help out the gang who is trying to obtain the base. Implementing this will almost go unfazed in the world of the alliance in Graal Era. Say Obsidian wants to help out a gang named "Hellfire". Obsidian could help them by enlisting another alliance gang that is not on the current shift to help out this gang. Therefore, the constraints given can be evaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Grief Hero View Post
    It's pretty much impossible for players to assume the effects of an entirely new system even before it has been implemented. Depending how it changes basing after a period of time will influences its future updates so we're mostly just going to have to observe what it does after its release. If it doesn't work out, it'll be changed accordingly.
    While I hate every alliance leader, I've already spoken to them. It is clear they plan to do shifts in fortress and make extra tags for their bases on the regular map. The fortress wont work with the current idea of it. Im not trying to shoot down the idea, I'm all for trying to fix basing.

What the alliance promoting is using least amount of players to get optimum basing hours.

If 'Having one basing tag' system is implemented, the alliance wont be able to use other tag to take base.

Lets use Duke as main character. Duke is obsidian leader. He wont be able to join Lightsout if Obsidian is holding a base as long as he has obsidian tag. Same happens to other alliance people, they wont be able to help other gangs to get a base if they have a gang tag which holding a base.

If Obsidian loses neo zone, they will be able to join other basing gangs to help. The alliance will have to leave their own tag to help other. I dont think leader or rank would do that. If so, make another system which ban players who leave gang from joining again for 1 hour.

What the alliance promoting is using least amount of players to get optimum basing hours.

If 'Having one basing tag' system is implemented, the alliance wont be able to use other tag to take base.

Lets use Duke as main character. Duke is obsidian leader. He wont be able to join Lightsout if Obsidian is holding a base as long as he has obsidian tag. Same happens to other alliance people, they wont be able to help other gangs to get a base if they have a gang tag which holding a base.

If Obsidian loses neo zone, they will be able to join other basing gangs to help. The alliance will have to leave their own tag to help other. I dont think leader or rank would do that. If so, make another system which ban players who leave gang from joining again for 1 hour.
    I fully agree with this idea, as ranks should be forced to stay with the tag that they are ranked on. No one should be able to hop tags in order to help other alliance gangs. This idea effects EVERYONE which shows it isn't biased towards just the alliance.

Also, the cool down of joining the same tag twice being an hour is PERFECT. Then you cannot kick someone just to recruit them back after they are helping other alliance gangs.

I feel this idea is PERFECT. It allows real 1v1 war to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    While I hate every alliance leader, I've already spoken to them. It is clear they plan to do shifts in fortress and make extra tags for their bases on the regular map. The fortress wont work with the current idea of it. Im not trying to shoot down the idea, I'm all for trying to fix basing.
    I would do this if they want to keep touching the ****

There are currently 10 bases
    They are divided into 2 groups:

1. Gangs with more than 10k hours
    2. Gangs with less than 10k hours

1.Gangs with more than 10k-> currently (5) The last day of the month will lose these hours: The last 3 gangs
    Gangs with more than 25k = Will lose 500 hours
    Gangs between 15k-25k = will lose 300 hours
    Gangs between 10k and 15k =will lose 200 hours

2.Gangs with less than 10k hours-> currently (5) The last day of the month you will lose these hours: (Currently you can not punish gangs with less than 10k hours because there are only 2 gangs that have more than 3k hours)

Gangs with less than 3k hours = will lose 0 hours
    Gangs between 3-5k hours = will lose 50 hours
    Gangs between 5k-10k hours = will lose 150 hours.
    A week if a gang is 24 hours get 168 hours
    168 X 4 = 672
    The punishment may be too strong but they have sought it

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian321 View Post
    I would do this if they want to keep touching the ****

There are currently 10 bases
    They are divided into 2 groups:

1. Gangs with more than 10k hours
    2. Gangs with less than 10k hours

1.Gangs with more than 10k-> currently (5) The last day of the month will lose these hours: The last 3 gangs
    Gangs with more than 25k = Will lose 500 hours
    Gangs between 15k-25k = will lose 300 hours
    Gangs between 10k and 15k =will lose 200 hours

2.Gangs with less than 10k hours-> currently (5) The last day of the month you will lose these hours: (Currently you can not punish gangs with less than 10k hours because there are only 2 gangs that have more than 3k hours)

Gangs with less than 3k hours = will lose 0 hours
    Gangs between 3-5k hours = will lose 50 hours
    Gangs between 5k-10k hours = will lose 150 hours.
    A week if a gang is 24 hours get 168 hours
    168 X 4 = 672
    The punishment may be too strong but they have sought it
    Punishment should not be a thing to basing. We need something to restrict instead of punishing. The Alliance is just abusing the weakness of current basing system.

Punishment should not be a thing to basing. We need something to restrict instead of punishing. The Alliance is just abusing the weakness of current basing system.
    Agreed, no punishment. Just a refining of the system is whats needed.

So if I am correct you guys want to punish the gangs that are good for being good? Capping the maximum hours a gang can base per day is punishing them for being too good and holding the bases. Which than gives the other gangs free hours (I think that's what we are trying to go against)
    Also making them lose hours for being too good and receiving those hours thourgh hard work is also punishing them for being too good,

Instead of making them lose hours or not allowing them to get inside bases why not just make a cooldown between reces,

for example for 5 minutes you can't rec anyone in your gang after the person you reced before accepted your invite.

If you rec multiple people and none of them clicked YES you can still rec people, but as soon as a person clicks YES you will need to wait 5 minutes to rec another person.

After all The Aliance is not bullying a single gang. It's a group of gangs vs a group of gangs. If it was 10 gangs vs 1 than I would agree in punishing them.. Heck even ban them, but it's not 10v1, it's a group of gangs vs a group of gangs. And so it happened that one of the group lost and now has to take the consequence, just like in real life.

I think that if the rec cooldown was implemented the gangs would have less members which has pretty much been the whole thing people here are arguing about. While yeah, there would be flaws in this system too like people from enemy gangs asking to get reced just so they can activate the cooldown so that the other gang can't rec I think the system might work better than punishing those gangs for holding the bases.
    Admins - - ERA

Quote Originally Posted by iHit View Post
    So if I am correct you guys want to punish the gangs that are good for being good? Capping the maximum hours a gang can base per day is punishing them for being too good and holding the bases. Which than gives the other gangs free hours (I think that's what we are trying to go against)
    Also making them lose hours for being too good and receiving those hours thourgh hard work is also punishing them for being too good,

Instead of making them lose hours or not allowing them to get inside bases why not just make a cooldown between reces,

for example for 5 minutes you can't rec anyone in your gang after the person you reced before accepted your invite.

If you rec multiple people and none of them clicked YES you can still rec people, but as soon as a person clicks YES you will need to wait 5 minutes to rec another person.

After all The Aliance is not bullying a single gang. It's a group of gangs vs a group of gangs. If it was 10 gangs vs 1 than I would agree in punishing them.. Heck even ban them, but it's not 10v1, it's a group of gangs vs a group of gangs. And so it happened that one of the group lost and now has to take the consequence, just like in real life.

I think that if the rec cooldown was implemented the gangs would have less members which has pretty much been the whole thing people here are arguing about. While yeah, there would be flaws in this system too like people from enemy gangs asking to get reced just so they can activate the cooldown so that the other gang can't rec I think the system might work better than punishing those gangs for holding the bases.
    No, we aren't punishing them and making them lose hours. Read the first part of the thread first. The alliance is bullying single gangs, imperium, dead sec, wyvern, embro, etc. Look at the map and look at the wars.
    Basing should never be about teams. The alliance was a huge group even before I brought my gang into the big war. Know the facts about the wars before you say that we are trying to "take hours" and saying its not a group vs 1.