Thread: What's the ping limit for Events?

What's the ping limit for Events?

So recently I have been kicked from spar and ctf due to a 450 ping.
    I am not here to decide wether that kick was justified or not, I just wanna know the actual ping limit for spar based events such as tts or spar tournement.
    Hey I have autism so please be patient and polite

I kick players who have a ping of 400+ in tts or spar tourney. Not sure if other staffs do it at 400+ too or at 500+
    Disc - Jasue#2901

Quote Originally Posted by DTL View Post
    So recently I have been kicked from spar and ctf due to a 450 ping.
    I am not here to decide wether that kick was justified or not, I just wanna know the actual ping limit for spar based events such as tts or spar tournement.
    Usually I would believe that each Host is different, but usually Hosts start to kick people that are above 400 ping.

Do you kick them if their ping is constantly over 400 or if it's just once cause all players have sometimes some short lag spikes
    Hey I have autism so please be patient and polite

Do you kick them if their ping is constantly over 400 or if it's just once cause all players have sometimes some short lag spikes
    I wouldn't think they would kick a player for a lag spike. Due to the fact that Internet Companies take part in "throttling" connection speeds, they shouldn't kick players out for the occasional lag spike reaching those high numbers.

Question Ping Limit + More

There is no defined ping limit for when competing in events. Nonetheless, the then present, wise administrator would consider removing the player from said events with a ping no greater than the scale between 375 to 450.

Then, comes the topic about script-kiddies and individuals or groups with malicious intent that may want to disrupt the events all together.
    Using experience and research as a base, most portals that connect to iEra, controlled by previously mentioned individuals, have a higher ping than those using, say their mobile devices, or standard browser.

Infamous iEra-modifying clients such as Graal XYZ, Graal 646, etc., prioritize iEra's resources, over everything a standard browser would. Therefore, there is much more data and R.A.M. the host would need to use in order to keep the process running at a comfortable pace; which may lead to lagging (or high ping) to make up for the massive amounts of memory the process is demanding.

In conclusion, the standard, non-threatening high-ping scales are mentioned in the beginning of this post. As for the staff -- just watch those who always have high-ping; either their internet may be slow by geographic location, or they could be connecting to iEra via a malicious client.

Resources:
    - High-Latency (Lag)

No, we check their ping at least more than three times, I do at least. If it was 400+ each time I checked, then I would kick.
    Disc - Jasue#2901