Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Misleading "Pumpkin Wheelbarrow"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackandWhite View Post
    Could you please argue why starting an argument is bad and why in this situation it is unnecessary? It's difficult to understand where you are coming from. I am only just genuinely curious how intentions and mislead directly correlate and would be glad for any of my wrong beliefs to be corrected.
    It's unnecessary because it's misleading. To everyone. therefore your arguement would lose anyways.

But the event is over, so there's no need to fuss over it anymore. People should have come to realize that it wouldn't actually carry pumpkins, since that would let people have an advantage and destroy the whole purpose of "carrying" pumpkins and having to go through the challenges of getting the limited items.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanman View Post
    It's unnecessary because it's misleading. To everyone. therefore your arguement would lose anyways.
    The point that I am coming from is, that since Tempus responded to Nizz’s contention, (that the pumpkin wheelbarrow has a misleading description), with, “Maybe it was done on purpose?” followed by, “Maybe they as in the staff made the item as in the description and the name specifically like that for a reason,” it would suggest he believes it was purposefully designed to not interact with the pumpkin activity, with the conclusion that this intent negates mislead.

However, I believe this reasoning does not logically follow due to the fact that intentions and mislead are mutually exclusive. Which, even if the wheelbarrow was designed to behave in such manner, it is still nonetheless misleading that an item described as being able to, "Carry all your pumpkins in this wheelbarrow!", only actually serving nothing more than a toy.

Lets take the example of fake pockets, even if it was designed in such manner to purposefully and specifically fulfil some sort of artistic capacity, it is still, nonetheless, misleading in how it subverts visual expectations.

If Tempus wishes to argue that the pumpkin wheelbarrow is in fact not misleading, he requires additional premises; a non sequitur reasoning should not been seen as acceptable.

Now to directly address what you said, Tanman, I fail to see how my arguments are misleading; considering the fact I have provided reasoning and even an example. If you are just going to throw around statements that, “[I am] only here to start an argument,” my words are, “not necessary,” and, “misleading,”, and yet not back your claims with any real substance, I am only left here laughing.

- - - Updated - - -

@Tanman
    1. Why do you think I am, "only here to start an arguement."
    2. Why are my words, "not necessary".
    2A If, "not necessary," because my words are misleading, then how are my words misleading.
    Last edited by BlackandWhite; 12-08-2018 at 02:41 AM.

"The world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people" -Mother Teresa
     Spoiler
    "Apple seeds average around 0.6mg hydrogen cyanide (HCN) per gram of dry seed. Since the lethal dose of HCN is estimated to be around 50mg, you will need around 85 grams of dry seeds. This is around half a cup... it requires a lot of apples."

Banned
    Hey y'all, no more fighting, no more personal arguments. Either take it to PMs or leave it alone.

So uhhhh, would it be too late to ask for my 50 pumpkin refund? Mk, thanks lmk goodbye cya adios.

These guys actually have a point. Hopefully our staff will be more considerate with their item descriptions from now on.