Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Christmas gift scamming.

Christmas gift scamming.

I find it amazing how gift for gift scams are illegal.. Why don't era just implement a way to trade gifts that don't invole scamming...

My idea is...
    To add a Christmas gift trade option when clicked on profiles. Basically it will open a window where both players have to put gifts to trade, then click accept. This will be clean and safe to successful trade gifts with players. Even if a player wants to give a gift for free they still can by both parties accepting.

I just understand why era adds such a flawed system then claim g4g scams are illegal... Why don't they act upon it to make it safe.. it's just ridiculous.

Too much work do u think staff members would bother to add that

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Too much work do u think staff members would bother to add that
    Too right about that they would rather work on something like plasma which a out 7 people actually use.

Let me quote page 5 section 17 of official Graal Rules of Conduct so any more doubts about how Era handles scams is cleared

17. Exchanging Items & 'Scamming'
    Character-owned items, such as tools, houses, and bomy pets, may be auctioned or traded within Graal's auction or trading features. If, due to bugs in the system, there are discrepancies between the buyer/seller terms and the actual result, GraalOnline will make all reasonable attempts to rectify the situation.

Any exchange of materials outside GraalOnline secured exchange locations, falls under the term 'caveat emptor', or 'buyer beware.' In other words, GraalOnline will not be responsible for rectifying broken promises, incomplete trades, etc. in such a setting. If trading outside Graal 'sanctioned' trading locations, trade only with players you can trust.

This 'caveat emptor' approach does not mean Scamming is legal, only that it is difficult to prove. If Graal Police witness a scam directly they may punish the offending player. The best way to avoid being scammed is to only trade within secure trading facilities in Graal.
    Last edited by Anjum9694; 12-08-2018 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjum9694 View Post
    Let me quote page 5 section 17 of official Graal Rules of Conduct

17. Exchanging Items & 'Scamming'
    Character-owned items, such as tools, houses, and bomy pets, may be auctioned or traded within Graal's auction or trading features. If, due to bugs in the system, there are discrepancies between the buyer/seller terms and the actual result, GraalOnline will make all reasonable attempts to rectify the situation.

Any exchange of materials outside GraalOnline secured exchange locations, falls under the term 'caveat emptor', or 'buyer beware.' In other words, GraalOnline will not be responsible for rectifying broken promises, incomplete trades, etc. in such a setting. If trading outside Graal 'sanctioned' trading locations, trade only with players you can trust.

This 'caveat emptor' approach does not mean Scamming is legal, only that it is difficult to prove. If Graal Police witness a scam directly they may punish the offending player. The best way to avoid being scammed is to only trade within secure trading facilities in Graal.
    I don’t like how admins break their own rules then change it AFTER enforcing it. So stupid.
    It’s simple, announce the new rules first.

Just make another graal account and buy gifts, then send it to your pro account.

Rodeo
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacolas420 View Post
    Just make another graal account and buy gifts, then send it to your pro account.
    Defeats the actual purpose of the holiday, but I feel this is a much safer way and I don't think there is a problem with sending yourself gifts.
    Feel free to message me if you have questions or concerns

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Ikr, it sucks

I gift myself every Christmas in graal ._.

Yes i do the same I use a second account and gift myself