Thread: A place just for new players

A place just for new players

I’ve asked three of my close friends irl to play Graal era, I helped out one friend and asked the other two friends to try the game without my help. The two friends I didn’t help got so confused and lost even doing the tutorial, they didn’t know how to earn gralats or know what to do. The friend I helped out knew so much and continued playing era while the other two friends stopped playing era in less than 3 Days. All I’m saying is that it’s quite confusing to know what to do and how to do it. Just imagining a person randomly finding era on the App Store and playing era for a couple of minutes, they would either play Era and get lost and be clueless or uninstall the game because of it being confusing.

There should be a clear objective or mission at the start to get them into the game, to get them interested in the game.

I feel like there should be a new area just for new players that has some jobs such as speedy pizza and flowering picking because after the tutorial you would need gralats to buy a gun first, because having a gun is quite important since the main activities to do in era is basing and sparring. Or letting them practice sparring with bots.

They should enter the area and start doing jobs to earn gralats so they can buy a gun, this also gives them a idea of how to earn gralats. A area for them to come in and out and have that allows players that have less than 10 hours.

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

I feel like this is a good idea, but to an extent. I feel like there shouldn't be a problem when asking for help about certain things. It's pretty straight forward on how to work the chat system and PM system. However, creating an entire new GMAP just for players lower than 10 hours would be unnecessary. Just all the work that would go into it and all that, it'd seem pointless. As for the tutorial, it does allow you to purchase a starter pistol, but as far as that, it seems fine with me. It's just a matter of grinding for gralats in order for them to get money, which then again, they could always ask for help on how to do things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nom Nom Xirrix View Post
    I feel like this is a good idea, but to an extent. I feel like there shouldn't be a problem when asking for help about certain things. It's pretty straight forward on how to work the chat system and PM system. However, creating an entire new GMAP just for players lower than 10 hours would be unnecessary. Just all the work that would go into it and all that, it'd seem pointless. As for the tutorial, it does allow you to purchase a starter pistol, but as far as that, it seems fine with me. It's just a matter of grinding for gralats in order for them to get money, which then again, they could always ask for help on how to do things.

New players should have a better understanding of how to earn gralats, I feel like the tutorial doesn’t explain that, and with the chat system, I tried asking my friends to pm me and they had no clue, they didn’t know how to add friends or just use the public chat. So this needs to be explained properly so most people can understand.

I also meant an area, like a small place in the main gmap. Like those 100 hour zones scattered around the map.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ4 View Post
    New players should have a better understanding of how to earn gralats, I feel like the tutorial doesn’t explain that, and with the chat system, I tried asking my friends to pm me and they had no clue, they didn’t know how to add friends or just use the public chat. So this needs to be explained properly so most people can understand.

I also meant an area, like a small place in the main gmap. Like those 100 hour zones scattered around the map.
    I think we have other problems here, mate.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    I think we have other problems here, mate.
    Hahaha you could be right, but I think we should try making things more obvious to the newbies.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ4 View Post

I can understand what you're trying to get at, but navigating through the menu really isn't that hard; however, coming from another Graal server prior to playing iEra, I did have some knowledge of how the system works, so that could be me being a little biased about what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Nom Nom Xirrix View Post
    I can understand what you're trying to get at, but navigating through the menu really isn't that hard; however, coming from another Graal server prior to playing iEra, I did have some knowledge of how the system works, so that could be me being a little biased about what I'm saying.
    Yeah that’s also true, but for people who haven’t played any of the Graal servers will just not understand what to do, I’ve seen this first hand by just looking at how my friends struggled to play Era. When starting Era it’s definitely not as fun as when your a player with experience because when starting Era you need to find out how to earn gralats, how to meet new people and know how to ask for help and somewhat know what your doing.

Banned
    How bad is this tutorial currently...?

Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    until it is just a waste of time looking on the screen =)