Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: We PC players want a standalone application

Angry We PC players want a standalone application

That's right, you heard me.

Why do we have to fire up memory-hogging browsers every time we want to enjoy our favorite game? Also Flash engine is terrible for handling MMORPG games.

Just like iOS/Android players we really could use a standalone application to play Graal iEra too! I heard you guys want more players so this could be a great approach?

Share your thoughts about this topic!

Banned
    Or don't open that many tabs while running the game?

Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    Or don't open that many tabs while running the game?
    The amount of tab's sadly do not matter. The moment Graal is opened, it takes up about 20% of any system memory because of how resource inefficient the browser version is.
    Running into a mass cluster of people like in start would bring up memory usage and CPU to about 50%-80%. Keep in mind that I have virtualization technology enabled. In order for a 2D game to get this high is outstanding. GPU doesn't seem to help as that number goes in the 20%-30% when a fully functional 3D game might hit 10% at it's pinnacle.
    I get slightly better performance in an application called Facebook Gameroom but even then, it still uses a browser version of the game. Just less data transfers than from playing on a browser.

If you all feel these percentages aren't universal with all PC's, I'll post the MB equivalent. Though the way the browser one was set up, all computers are essentially the same.

Banned
    I get your frustration but your rough estimation for its usage is not equivalent to how I've gotten the memory usage on my browser.

Don't get me wrong as I've done my round test on ALL Graal servers on my account using Gameroom and have not received the results in which you stated from your own test.
    Not to mention I have more than 10 tabs open daily (just to show that it does affect the browser inconsistently) and my game still fails to show much usage being used.

My only question is what PC specs you're using and what browser version is being used exactly.
    A frail CPU may affect quality in every aspect.

The Usage I mentioned above were for when I get into clusters or when someone decides to have fun with gas bombs or explosions.
    When I'm idle, it sits around 10% usage all across with network having .1MB of transfer being the lowest used resource.

I use Facebook Gameroom but it seems the game is coming from a different website that I wouldn't be able to find using a search browser. It's whatever the default site facebook uses for Graal Era.

Banned
    Your hardware is slighty outdated considering you are running one of the oldest CPU processors in the world.

I'm guessing disabling VT would cause your laptop to overheat and eventually crumble as it tries to force most systems to run at the same time.
    Considering I have my own perspective on this case there isn't much insight I can give unless someone else with a similar processor is able to give a definite result like yours.

At most upgrades like this are only achievable when our precious developer finally steps in and do something to increase the player base count but, that is only viable on the hardware you're running that meets the requirement.
    If someone could provide credible information about Era's recommend hardware then this can be solved easily.

Your hardware is slighty outdated considering you are running one of the oldest CPU processors in the world.

I'm guessing disabling VT would cause your laptop to overheat and eventually crumble as it tries to force most systems to run at the same time.
    Considering I have my own perspective on this case there isn't much insight I can give unless someone else with a similar processor is able to give a definite result like yours.

At most upgrades like this are only achievable when our precious developer finally steps in and do something to increase the player base count but, that is only viable on the hardware you're running that meets the requirement.
    If someone could provide credible information about Era's recommend hardware then this can be solved easily.
    Get yourself a $10,000 gaming PC & make sure your Internet speed is at a solid 100 Mpbs and all of your problems should be fixed.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

There was a thread on the forums where someone did a test on all PC accessible browsers using a $4,000 Razor laptop with proof but I can't seem to find that thread again and this particular individual produced the same results as I have. I'll keep looking for it though.
    But you are indeed right, my laptop would cripple in heat without VT.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Get yourself a $10,000 gaming PC & make sure your Internet speed is at a solid 100 Mpbs and all of your problems should be fixed.
    Nah, I get a solid 400 Mbps everday and could only run games at 9 ping at most.
    I would post a screenshot but this forum has yet to fixed its upload system for images.

Nah, I get a solid 400 Mbps everday and could only run games at 9 ping at most.
    I would post a screenshot but this forum has yet to fixed its upload system for images.
    Send me the link via PM?
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".