Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fishing needs a desperate buff.

Fishing needs a desperate buff.

So the other day i made a thread showing how much fish i caught per hour (showing how many gralats i made too with average chances of each fish etc)
    Link to thread HERE
    Link to spreadsheet data HERE

After looking through the data i realised how little I'm making compared to other jobs.
    The total gralats i made in the data do not take into consideration on how much rods cost.

Lets say I'm making the average amount of gralats per hour shown on my collected data (2188g), i go through 2/3 rods per hour, that's 500/750g:
    That is 1688/1438g profit per hour at level 70 fishing using the most efficient way to fish.

Fishing could be considered the worst job on Era. Despite the fact it's actually quite easy (even though it requires some sort of reaction timing and logic)
    (Damn i feel sorry for all the low levels thinking they're gaining $$$ if i'm gaining this little at the highest level)

I'm proposing a buff to fishing, i feel like it desperately needs to happen, here are some possible ideas:

• Directly buff the chances of hooking rare fish.
    • Directly nerf the chances of hooking trash.
    • Introduce new rare fish, possibly make them "unlocked" at a certain level.
    • Reduce the time it takes for a fish to "hook" onto your bobber per level.
    • Reduce the time it takes for the fish to appear and circle your bobber when you cast your rod per level.
    • Add a x2 fish chance. There's a small chance that you catch 2 fish!, this chance could increase the higher level you are.

Definitely needs a buff, even though it only takes two taps to catch a fish. Whenever you level up, the only advantage you get is that your rod lasts longer. "The chances of catching rare fish are ever so slightly increased per level" - was just informed about this, still doesn't change much though. Callum (Optay) is level 70 or so and makes about the same amount of gralats as a person who's level 5 or 20, whatever level tbh. That's quite sad, and it doesn't include the amount of gralats you spend buying rods, unless of course you trade then it's easier/cheaper.

Also, from looking at Callum's spreadsheet, the amount of tires and bottles caught in one hour is just horrible, I don't understand why the percentage is so high. I'm not saying that you can't earn gralats from catching trash, but why is the percentage of catching tires and bottles higher than it is to catch tadpoles, bass, blackbass, yellowperch, bluegill, angel, tuna, noob and eel. (including the other fish too, such as the blue and red snapper)
    Last edited by jasue; 12-09-2018 at 06:52 PM. Reason: added something
    Disc - Jasue#2901

It'd be greatly helpful if fishing rods were a one time purchase like the mush knife. Then for bot protection just increase the baddie dmg or something

If you think that fishing in iEra is bad, try fishing in Red Dead Redemption 2 while being chased by a hungry cougar!
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Fishing must be buffed and here’s why:

-The developers should get rid of the trash or decrease it by every time you level up.
    -Add more rare fishes like eels
    -Increase the percentage of catching rare fish
    -Have a chance to get 2 fishes at once
    -Make fishes grab the bobber faster
    -Make fishes eatable by cooking them

We should tell the coders

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    If you think that fishing in iEra is bad, try fishing in Red Dead Redemption 2 while being chased by a hungry cougar!
    Irrelevant, don't talk about Red Dead Redemption 2 here, go make a thread and talk about it on there. That post was just unnecessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lacolas420 View Post
    We should tell the coders
    I know for a fact that they did a test on jobs, to know which ones earn the most and which ones earn the least. Not sure if was to find out which jobs to buff, but that was like two months ago, so they know how bad fishing is already. I specifically was the one that tested fishing, it was to see how many gralats I earn in 15 minutes. If I remember correctly, I made like 300-400 gralats in 15 minutes except I lost 250 of those gralats to buy a rod. Basically only making 50-150 gralats, but that was at a low level, at level 8 at that time I think. If it was tested at a level such as Optay was on (Level 70), then I probably wouldn't have had to buy another rod and lose 250 gralats.
    Disc - Jasue#2901

Will you buff fishing?

They still haven’t buffed fishing...

That's awful.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!