Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: An Angry Red Dead Online Review

An Angry Red Dead Online Review

My Review Of Red Dead Redemption 2's online mode:

Online has way too many problems, but luckily, performance is no longer that big of an issue. I used to be constantly kicked from Red Dead Online (too the point where I literally couldn't customize my character), but that has been fixed. But once we go into the actual game, there are problems that range from the story suddenly stopping to players hitboxes not even be working, there are still multiple things that destroy the experience.

But as a side note, I'd like to point out that I'm not to usually complain, but when core game mechanics don't work, we have an issue.

First an foremost, let's go to Online's story which is literally stuck. I'm not exgerating, Online's story is literally stuck at 75% and it doesn't want to move. There's nothing I can do and it's been a couple of days. (Like I said before, when core mechanics don't work, we have a problem).
    Next is Online's toxicity, which you may claim isn't Rockstar's fault, but the problem is, there's nothing you can do to counter it. There's no passive mode. Meaning you either run to the next town like a little girl, join a new game session, or report. Because if you want to go to Post Office in Saint Denis and there's a toxic player shooting anything that moves, guess what? You can't. Now you may say, "Hey, Ali, just git gud." Which leads me to my next problem: player hitboxes not working. Just a few moments ago, I was trying to go to the Post Office in Saint Denis to... rob NPCs (don't ask), but there was a toxic player being, well, toxic and not letting me through! Eventually after me literally aiming the gun at the player's head and him somehow surviving (at the time, I was like: "Maybe it's the gun accuracy, maybe my aim was off, maybe he moved last second) it eventually got to the point where me and him were at a stalemate, he was at the other side of wall, and I was on another. (It was tense, by the way.) The stalemate lasted for a while, so I decided to rush him. I jumped from the other side, aimed my trusty Lancaster at his head and pulled the trigger. A mighty bullet flew out, able to kill any man. Well, I might as well as shot nothing because nothing happen, it's as if I didn't pull ANY trigger to begin with. But this time, there was no excuse to defend Rockstar as the gun was an inch from his head. Let me put it this way: if my in-game character had barely nudged the gun forward, it would have been tapping the player's face, and I don't care how horrible your aim is, nor how bad the gun's accuracy is, he should have seen a nice death screen right there and then! But that didn't happen, so I decided to jump back into cover, but it was too late as I was already out in the open and he had a clear view of me... But this isn't the even where this poor hitbox issue reads up in my character's death. For example, once I playing a Hostile Territory match that left me with 4 kills and 12 deaths. Now, you may say that I suck because I have a KD ratio of 1:3, but that's not what happened. I didn't die because I was busy eating horse shoes instead of playing, it was because my bullets were flying straight through player hitboxes!
    And as I said before, when core mechanics don't work, we have a problem.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

What console did you play it on?

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Quote Originally Posted by MJ4 View Post
    What console did you play it on?
    Xbox One S

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Xbox One S
    I wonder if it’s just Xbox, because games such as PUBG for Xbox was awful after being released.

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Quote Originally Posted by MJ4 View Post
    I wonder if it’s just Xbox, because games such as PUBG for Xbox was awful after being released.
    If that's the case, then Microsoft's been giving us more reasons to switch to PlayStation.

This game continuously triggers me.

I hate how the tailers misleads you into thinking that Red Dead Redemption 2 was an action game, when in reality, you spend more time travelling than anything else.
    I hate how the lawmen immediately know who you are, despite it being the first time you see enter the area.
    I hate how the trailers straight up lie and edit parts of the game to make it look better.
    I hate how the ending didn't feel like an ending at all. (Another Chapter, perhaps? The Epilogue should have been DLC as it did not fit in well with Chapter 6.)
    I hate how the failure of a bank robbery in Blackwater influenced the events in the game so much to the point where you literally start the game running from it, (and the whole "I have a plan" thing) but I never actually experienced it. (Blackwater has no weight for me in the whole entire story, because I was never there to see how bad it was, all I hear are stories.)
    I hate how very single NPC is a snitch and is so interested in me.
    I hate how most of the clothing doesn't match up. (Oh,so you bought a brown jacket? Surprize! Most of brown hats are either too light brown or too dark brown.)

This has been my first Red Dead game, and it certainly didn't leave a good first impression of the series.

So sorry. Should have bought ps4 instead
    Last edited by imaginary; 12-15-2018 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    So sorry. Should have used bought ps4 instead
    Pardon?

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    My Review Of Red Dead Redemption 2's online mode:

Online has way too many problems, but luckily, performance is no longer that big of an issue. I used to be constantly kicked from Red Dead Online (to the point where I literally couldn't customize my character), but that has been fixed. But once we go into the actual game, there are problems that range from the story suddenly stopping to players hitboxes not even be working, there are still multiple things that destroy the experience.

But as a side note, I'd like to point out that I'm not to usually complain, but when core game mechanics don't work, we have an issue.

First an foremost, let's go to Online's story which is literally stuck. I'm not exaggerating, Online's story is literally stuck at 75% and it doesn't want to move. There's nothing I can do and it's been a couple of days. (As I said before when core mechanics don't work, we have a problem).
    Next is Online's toxicity, which you may claim isn't Rockstar's fault, but the problem is, there's nothing you can do to counter it. There's no passive mode. Meaning you either run to the next town like a little girl, join a new game session, or report. Because if you want to go to Post Office in Saint-Denis and there's a toxic player shooting anything that moves, guess what? You can't. Now you may say, "Hey, Ali, just git good." Which leads me to my next problem: player hitboxes not working. Just a few moments ago, I was trying to go to the Post Office in Saint-Denis to... rob NPCs (don't ask), but there was a toxic player being, well, toxic and not letting me through! Eventually after me literally aiming the gun at the player's head and him somehow surviving (at the time, I was like: "Maybe it's the gun accuracy, maybe my aim was off, maybe he moved last second) it eventually got to the point where me and him were at a stalemate, he was at the other side of wall, and I was on another. (It was tense, by the way.) The stalemate lasted for a while, so I decided to rush him. I jumped from the other side, aimed my trusty Lancaster at his head and pulled the trigger. A mighty bullet flew out, able to kill any man. Well, I might as well as shot nothing because nothing happens, it's as if I didn't pull ANY trigger, to begin with. But this time, there was no excuse to defend Rockstar as the gun was an inch from his head. Let me put it this way: if my in-game character had barely nudged the gun forward, it would have been tapping the player's face, and I don't care how horrible your aim is, nor how bad the gun's accuracy is, he should have seen a nice death screen right there and then! But that didn't happen, so I decided to jump back into cover, but it was too late as I was already out in the open and he had a clear view of me... But this isn't the even where this poor hitbox issue reads up in my character's death. For example, once I playing a Hostile Territory match that left me with 4 kills and 12 deaths. Now, you may say that I suck because I have a KD ratio of 1, but that's not what happened. I didn't die because I was busy eating horseshoes instead of playing, it was because my bullets were flying straight through player hitboxes!
    And as I said before, when core mechanics don't work, we have a problem.
    Dude, chill. I have an Xbox one S as well and I'm rank 31. I think the online mode is in a great state considering the fact that Rockstar gave everybody 250$ and 30 gold in currency for the compensation of the bugs and for the people who continue to play the beta and support it. You need to get used to rd2 online because honesty it's not that bad. To answer your main points, you can go to the passive mode by approaching a stranger mission or store near town. Other than that, you have to approach your own camp to enter passive mode. As for the hitbox, there is recoil to the game if you haven't noticed. You have to wait a second before your reticle can fully be centered. Lawmen, on the other hand, is a little confusing but I'll try to explain. In story mode, they will recognize you by your clothing if you committed a crime in their town before, but if you change your clothes they won't recognize you. In online, lawmen won't recognize you at all and you can just choose to respawn without having to pay the 2 dollar fee from dying from the lawman.

P.S. That's the point of trailers, to make the game look good if you haven't noticed with many other games.
    Last edited by Bluen; 12-16-2018 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluen View Post
    To answer your main points, you can go to the passive mode by approaching a stranger mission or store near town. Other than that, you have to approach your own camp to enter passive mode.
    So... I'm supposed to stand in one place all the time?
    (I'd like to point out that toxic players aren't too big of an issue in Red Dead Online, but you do encounter them and they're motivation to shoot players instead of NPCs is worrisome.)
    (Oh, so you wanna go to the the Post Office? Go to the one in Rhodes 'cause I own this one.
    Oh, so you're gonna rush into the building? GIT SHUT, NOOOOB!
    Oh, so you're gonna shoot at me? Lolololol! Hitboxes are broken!)
    As for the hitbox, there is recoil to the game if you haven't noticed. You have to wait a second before your reticle can fully be centered.
    I understand that the guns of the 19th century weren't the best, but if a bullet flies out of it, and someone's right in front of you, and he's somehow still fine, there's an issue.
    Lawmen, on the other hand, is a little confusing but I'll try to explain. In story mode, they will recognize you by your clothing if you committed a crime in their town before, but if you change your clothes they won't recognize you. In online, lawmen won't recognize you at all and you can just choose to respawn without having to pay the 2 dollar fee from dying from the lawman.
    I was informed of this system, but it I still confuses me how the lawmen know who you are whilst entering the town for the first time.
    P.S. That's the point of trailers, to make the game look good if you haven't noticed with many other games.
    For the part when I accused the trailer of misleading:
    Red Dead Redemption 2: Official Gameplay Video Part 2.
    0:43-0:55
    "The world is full of experiences that you discover naturally, as you move fluidly from one moment to another."
    This part portrays the events that took place within the clip as Arthur Morgan parkouring from building to building, and stumbling upon this event organically, but, in reality, this an in-game mission.
    0:59-1:03
    "Arthur can undertake a wide array of various activities with his fellow gang members."
    You can't rob a bank with Javier or Bill whenever you feel like doing so. The clip provided is an in-game mission.
    1:07-1:12
    "While others are more personnel."
    Again, in-game mission.

You see? Missions are portrayed as random events and activities, not a mission.

When I accused the trailer of unlawful editing:
    Red Dead Redemption 2: Official Gameplay Video Part 2.
    4:10
    They are actually wearing jackets in the game, there was no need to remove the jacket but they chose so.
    Red Dead Redemption 2: Official Trailer #3
    0:09
    During this mission, they're wearing bandanas, but in the trailer, they aren't.
    1:21
    Micah is bruised up in the mission, but he's fine in the trailer.
    Red Dead Redemption 2: Official Trailer #2
    1:05
    In that mission, Sadie is wearing a black jacket and the dude doesn't have a beard.