Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VPN users

VPN users

I don't really understand what exactly VPN is, or how it works..lol I know I'm a noob. Could somebody explain it to me, because I know people that use it always lag and use it to their advantage. Just curious thanks!

Here's a good explanation: https://www.bestvpn.com/guides/what-...ginners-guide/

VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a technology that enables you to access the internet safely and privately by routing your connection through a server and hiding your online actions from prying eyes. In other words, think of it as a secure tunnel between you and the internet, in which no one else can enter to see or steal your data. A side-benefit, but one which many users find the most useful, is that they allow you to pretend to be in a different country enabling you to access content you may otherwise be unable to access.
    The lag comes from the traffic being routed through the VPN. Some VPNs aren't built for speed, especially free ones.

VPN users

I understand #VPN as well, But how would you even know witch #VPN to use that would make it to the point you can take advantage? Iv been on VPNs before and I never lag.
    So I don’t understand how someone can be called a #VPN user if you don’t really know,
    I mean you can still be on your regular internet and still lag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Accomplishments isn't measured my material reward, but the pride in the effort one puts forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Emera View Post
    Here's a good explanation: https://www.bestvpn.com/guides/what-...ginners-guide/

The lag comes from the traffic being routed through the VPN. Some VPNs aren't built for speed, especially free ones.
    Ok thanks that explains it very well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuto Kikuchi View Post
    I understand #VPN as well, But how would you even know witch #VPN to use that would make it to the point you can take advantage? Iv been on VPNs before and I never lag.
    So I don’t understand how someone can be called a #VPN user if you don’t really know,
    I mean you can still be on your regular internet and still lag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From what I got out of the link above, VPN in general will decrease your speed to some degree. Local servers about 10% and servers from other countries I'm sure would be much more.

Be careful when using VPN as GraalOnline likes to ban its users.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

The free vpns can make you lag quite a bit, this may sometimes give you an advantage in spar because it stops the bullets and let’s you think more, it freezes the game for a couple of seconds, but it also stops you seeing from the incoming bullets which can also disadvantage you, and stops you from moving on the other players screen making it easier to kill you by just using a melee. It’s best not to use a vpn when sparring or basing.

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ4 View Post
    The free vpns can make you lag quite a bit, this may sometimes give you an advantage in spar because it stops the bullets and let’s you think more, it freezes the game for a couple of seconds, but it also stops you seeing from the incoming bullets which can also disadvantage you, and stops you from moving on the other players screen making it easier to kill you by just using a melee. It’s best not to use a vpn when sparring or basing.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    What?
    Yeah, if ur using a vpn or ur lagging real hard like myself then this will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ4 View Post
    Yeah, if ur using a vpn or ur lagging real hard like myself then this will happen.
    The bullets don’t stop lol. Lagging doesn’t work like that

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    The bullets don’t stop lol. Lagging doesn’t work like that

But it seems like the game is frozen tho, making the bullets stop.