Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pay to win

Buying a bar doesn’t mean I’m winning, there’s only a slight advantage.

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

I don't think just because someone has a lot of money IRL to spend on a game should give them any advantage of someone playing who doesn't have a lot of money IRL.

You can call it "pay to convenience" but the bottom line here is that the people with a lot of money IRL don't have to bust there butt earning gralats. Based off of how many little kids there are playing this game, I highly doubt any of them earned the money IRL on their own to begin with.

However, I do understand that the game is also a business and I can't deny that I'd be charging a load of money for in game items if I had the opportunity.
    I am very blunt on my posts, but very accurate. Don't take it personally.

Scripter, LAT, Graphics, Sounds and Tracks

Quote Originally Posted by NaniRima View Post
    There is a big difference between pay to win and graalants being bought too much.

Era is definitely not a pay to win, because everything is still somewhat purchasesble by working hard for it. Yes it is faster and easier to get certain items with graalants but we do have good items that are obtainable in other ways (aka: Pk, basing).

A pay to win game would be kind of like Kritika, which only offers the best items to players who pay real money for them. I have tried playing that game before without using money and at some point it gets really hard to advance. Although I’m unsure if they have changed this.
    Kritika mobile hasn't changed, it got worse...

In the end (most of the time) it all comes down to the player's skill. You don't need expensive weapons to be good at the game, of course they help in their own way but I don't agree with the term "pay to win" there's still players with miniguns and bars that get beaten by other players with cheaper weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Draxx View Post
    I don't think just because someone has a lot of money IRL to spend on a game should give them any advantage of someone playing who doesn't have a lot of money IRL.

You can call it "pay to convenience" but the bottom line here is that the people with a lot of money IRL don't have to bust there butt earning gralats. Based off of how many little kids there are playing this game, I highly doubt any of them earned the money IRL on their own to begin with.

However, I do understand that the game is also a business and I can't deny that I'd be charging a load of money for in game items if I had the opportunity.
    At the end of the day, Encounter Games is a company, by nature, and needs to make money. And if turning iEra into a P2W does that for them, they're going to do exactly that.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

I think most of you are misinterpreting "pay 2 win". Just because items aren't locked behind a paywall does not mean Era isn't P2W. You need to have a nice balance of earning in game currency and opting for players to spend money if they will like. Era back then was actually decent but that went down the gutter when the jobs got nerfed. Can you still do them and earn gralats? Yes of course but the rate you earn them is so slow that you are better off overall spending irl currency to get gralats. Take a look at Bullet Force, which is a mobile online FPS. Guns there can be quite expensive as well but the rate you earn the in game currency is so much more faster where the most expensive gun can be bought within a day. The jobs need to be buffed back up to be honest because that balance is horribly misaligned.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by imSupah View Post
    I think most of you are misinterpreting "pay 2 win". Just because items aren't locked behind a paywall does not mean Era isn't P2W. You need to have a nice balance of earning in game currency and opting for players to spend money if they will like. Era back then was actually decent but that went down the gutter when the jobs got nerfed. Can you still do them and earn gralats? Yes of course but the rate you earn them is so slow that you are better off overall spending irl currency to get gralats. Take a look at Bullet Force, which is a mobile online FPS. Guns there can be quite expensive as well but the rate you earn the in game currency is so much more faster where the most expensive gun can be bought within a day. The jobs need to be buffed back up to be honest because that balance is horribly misaligned.
    You seem to misunderstood the concept of grinding in an MMORPG game. Bullet Force isn't even under that category and you compared it with a game such as GraalOnline Era.

Let's see what would happen if jobs were buffed back to its orignal state:

Will the majority of players complain that there are too many BAR users out there? 3000 player count is a lot if you asked me.
    The chemical gun has already made a huge impact in the world of PK and that same effect will take place with regular guns.
    Don't get me wrong but there are reasons why a variety of job was implemented. It only takes time to get the money rather than complain about how ineffective every single job is.

Back in the past, you could get 200k within a week of full-digging (with some breaks of course) and that job was significantly downgraded due to the rising player count.
    You're not wrong some jobs are pathetic in its current state and needs a serious probe so I can't go against that but as mentioned above there are enough jobs out there for everyone to partake in.

You're just not committed enough into an MMORPG game.

Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    You seem to misunderstood the concept of grinding in an MMORPG game. Bullet Force isn't even under that category and you compared it with a game such as GraalOnline Era.

Will the majority of players complain that there are too many BAR users out there? 3000 player count is a lot if you asked me.
    The chemical gun has already made a huge impact in the world of PK and that same effect will take place with regular guns.
    Don't get me wrong but there are reasons why a variety of job was implemented. It only takes time to get the money rather than complain about how ineffective every single job is.

Back in the past, you could get 200k within a week of full-digging (with some breaks of course) and that job was significantly downgraded due to the rising player count.
    You're not wrong some jobs are pathetic in its current state and needs a serious probe so I can't go against that but as mentioned above there are enough jobs out there for everyone to partake in.

Are you saying that the olwest is badly balanced and graal is well balanced?
    Who complains that there are many bars?

You are scaring me

Development Team
    Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post

How about, we rather not waste hours upon hours trying to get graalats where as supah had mentioned, things were so much simpler. The game was changed so much that they nerfed so many jobs and created countless expensive guns. In other words, they wanted it to become a pay2win game, that way - more profit.

Why don't they just upgrade the servers or just make a few others so players could just sprawl across those servers? Honestly, I'm just backing it up from my point of view and experience.

MMORPG games tend to have 10 or more servers for players to play on, so I'm not really sure where you're trying to get at.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    How about, we rather not waste hours upon hours trying to get graalats where as supah had mentioned, things were so much simpler. The game was changed so much that they nerfed so many jobs and created countless expensive guns. In other words, they wanted it to become a pay2win game, that way - more profit.

Why don't they just upgrade the servers or just make a few others so players could just sprawl across those servers? Honestly, I'm just backing it up from my point of view and experience.

MMORPG games tend to have 10 or more servers for players to play on, so I'm not really sure where you're trying to get at.
    Looks like I've stepped on a landmine to get you so intrigued in this conversation.
    Every game has its pros and cons, never did I mention an MMORPG would want its players to spend time working for the good items rather than tossing some cash into it. I've played countless MMO games and I can base it on my own experience you can still get the best items even without spending a single dime. Our perspective of Era has brought upon major flaws as the developers has no authority to make changes whatsoever even if we were to plead them desperately.

Also, just because a game has one server doesn't mean the creator refuses to create more. There are so many MMORPG out there that only runs on one server and still manages to keep the popularity decent with or without the bonus packages it offers. In Graal games, packs were available to purchase because they knew what the future growth would be. Obviously they can't sit down and let old contents take care of the servers and expect the same outcome in next few years. What you're telling me isn't actual fact but more like ramming complains unnecessarily in which this case has already been pointed out several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian321 View Post
    Are you saying that the olwest is badly balanced and graal is well balanced?
    Who complains that there are many bars?
    That's your own intuition, not mine.
    Last edited by Star*; 12-13-2018 at 03:24 PM.