Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pay to win

How long do you think it will take you to collect 200k gralats??
    The game is designed to be addictive and take a lot of time to collect money and end up spending money to ¨advance¨....

if you want op weapons you have to spend more than 150k gralats example-> auctions

For everyone: Do you think that people will work 1k hours to get the p2k, bar, psg, shipka, pbp???NO...Look at the prices of hats, cars,...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian321 View Post
    How long do you think it will take you to collect 200k gralats??
    The game is designed to be addictive and take a lot of time to collect money and end up spending money to ¨advance¨....

if you want op weapons you have to spend more than 150k gralats example-> auctions

For everyone:Do you think that people will work 1k hours to get the p2k, bar, psg, shipka, pbp???NO...Look at the prices of hats, cars,...
    Like I said: An MMORPG is about finding ways to grind through rather than complaining about every single thing.

I'm not defending Era in any way, I'm defending the idea of what a true MMORPG is supposed to be interpreted.
    Even right now I don't complain when picking up trash and shrooms at the same time despite being extremely inactive on the game.
    I can't persuade you to change your hatred towards grinding in a game when it's evident people will only rant about jobs failing to appease players and making them resort to gralats packs.

I'm not bashing in any way but rather clearing your understanding to how you should play it.

Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    You seem to misunderstood the concept of grinding in an MMORPG game. Bullet Force isn't even under that category and you compared it with a game such as GraalOnline Era.

Let's see what would happen if jobs were buffed back to its orignal state:

Will the majority of players complain that there are too many BAR users out there? 3000 player count is a lot if you asked me.
    The chemical gun has already made a huge impact in the world of PK and that same effect will take place with regular guns.
    Don't get me wrong but there are reasons why a variety of job was implemented. It only takes time to get the money rather than complain about how ineffective every single job is.

Back in the past, you could get 200k within a week of full-digging (with some breaks of course) and that job was significantly downgraded due to the rising player count.
    You're not wrong some jobs are pathetic in its current state and needs a serious probe so I can't go against that but as mentioned above there are enough jobs out there for everyone to partake in.

You're just not committed enough into an MMORPG game.
    I'm sorry what? MMORPG's are one of my favorite genre's and Era is literally my most played game so that last part is moot. Hell, I even play Warframe and that game is ALL about grinding. So to say I'm just not commited enough in a game that specifically have poor ways to grind is utter nonsense. I stand by my point that Era is P2W and the fact it needs to have a balance between non-paying and paying. Point is even more valid when jobs got nerfed. Back then, it was actually fulfilling to grind for your time spent. Now, what's the point when the earn rate is not beneficial to the amount of time you spend doing said activities. If you disagree, that's fine but don't tell me I'm not commited enough in the grind for a MMORPG.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by imSupah View Post
    I'm sorry what? MMORPG's are one of my favorite genre's and Era is literally my most played game so that last part is moot. Hell, I even play Warframe and that game is ALL about grinding. So to say I'm just not commited enough in a game that specifically have poor ways to grind is utter nonsense. I stand by my point that Era is P2W and the fact it needs to have a balance between non-paying and paying. Point is even more valid when jobs got nerfed. Back then, it was actually fulfilling to grind for your time spent. Now, what's the point when the earn rate is not beneficial to the amount of time you spend doing said activities. If you disagree, that's fine but don't tell me I'm not commited enough in the grind for a MMORPG.
    You make it seem as if I don't play warframe at all. Yeah sure that game is without a doubt exhilarating but keep in mind the best weapons can be obtained through grinding and the microtransaction it offers are an offset for customizations and so on.
    Which part of not committed got you so triggered in a situation like this? I've never seen a forum where people won't complain about how bad the contents are without knowing the backstory of its unpredecented changes.
    The staff did a revert on the jobs on one of the occasion and players admired their action but it turned out the latter when everything went back after a few days. People choose the easy way out and not the complexed model of the system with the popularity it's getting. The ideas players have given for job changes are straightforward and simple (some are rather interesting ideas) and if none of them got considered then it's just bad management. Not much any of us can do about it, can you?

Just because a game has nearly reached its full potential doesn't mean the content should always remain the same. That's what I'm trying to get at but you insist on pushing the whole fault on jobs rather than the actual idea of the game concept. Debating on this topic won't get us anywhere when one side does not believe in the other.
    Last edited by Star*; 12-13-2018 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    You make it seem as if I don't play warframe at all. Yeah sure that game is without a doubt exhilarating but keep in mind the best weapons can be obtained through grinding and the microtransaction it offers are an offset for customizations and so on.
    Which part of not committed got you so triggered in a situation like this? I've never seen a forum where people won't complain about how bad the contents are without knowing the backstory of its unpredecented changes.
    The staff did a revert on the jobs on one of the occasion and players admired their action but it turned out the latter when everything went back after a few days. People choose the easy way out and not the complexed model of the system with the popularity it's getting. The ideas players have given for job changes are straightforward and simple (some are rather interesting ideas) and if none of them got considered then it's just bad management. Not much any of us can do about it, can you?

Just because a game has nearly reached its full potential doesn't mean the content should always remain the same. That's what I'm trying to get at but you insist on pushing the whole fault on jobs rather than the actual idea of the game concept. Debating on this topic won't get us anywhere when one side does not believe in the other.
    Because this game does NOT reward your time spent grinding. If you going to have a player spend time grinding for overpriced items, make the grind reasonable and rewarding. Era does not do this at all. Anywho, I'm done here. You have your points and I have mine and obviously we're not going to change one anothers so agree to disagree.

Development Team
    Quote Originally Posted by imSupah View Post
    Because this game does NOT reward your time spent grinding. If you going to have a player spend time grinding for overpriced items, make the grind reasonable and rewarding. Era does not do this at all. Anywho, I'm done here. You have your points and I have mine and obviously we're not going to change one anothers so agree to disagree.
    I second this.

That is all, goodbye.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by RedShift View Post
    Because people who can’t afford to iTunes cry about people who do, I flash my 9.99 pack has been bought 100 times for fun lol.
    In the most perfect and unbiased of environments, a minigun would overpower an Mp5 if neither player was moving, nor lagging. Yes, the game does give you the tools to be better than players who have spent time grinding for a vector per se, but the skill level of either individual is too great of a variable to draw any conclusive answers.
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

Most mobile games are P2W, and iEra's no exception.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fennz View Post
    Graal isn't pay to win. Mainly because everything is still purchasable with Gralats which can obviously be earned.
    If say, the best guns were all locked behind a system that required money and no other way of unlocking them, that would be pay to win.
    I think of Graal as 'pay for convenience'
    Then, it would be P2W.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Leveler
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Most mobile games are P2W, and iEra's no exception.

Then, it would be P2W.
    I disagree. Pay to win is getting the goods for USD (the goods being stuff you have to do a lot to achieve from a certain skill, event, or anything of such nature.) Pay fir convenience I agree with it. I agree with it because all you would be doing essentially is getting an item, weapon, whatever that would help you achieve the skill.
    For example;
    You use iTunes to buy a metalstorm for sparring. The thing you are trying to unlock from sparring is not a metalstorm, it is a hat (example the 30k spar wins hat) or a gun (example the m4a3). Therefore using iTunes does not just give you what special item you wanted as the item requires skill to obtain. So the metalstorm (the usd item) is the help (convince) achieve the "win" in "pay2win" (the "win" is obtaining the item which you would call your end game (example the m4a3 again).
    So yeah I feel like there's a good difference from pay to win and pay for convenience.

I probably repeated myself a few times in the post; if I did sorry lmao.
    Feel free to ask any question!

iZone Levels Admin

Quote Originally Posted by kaz210 View Post
    I disagree. Pay to win is getting the goods for USD (the goods being stuff you have to do a lot to achieve from a certain skill, event, or anything of such nature.) Pay fir convenience I agree with it. I agree with it because all you would be doing essentially is getting an item, weapon, whatever that would help you achieve the skill.
    For example;
    You use iTunes to buy a metalstorm for sparring. The thing you are trying to unlock from sparring is not a metalstorm, it is a hat (example the 30k spar wins hat) or a gun (example the m4a3). Therefore using iTunes does not just give you what special item you wanted as the item requires skill to obtain. So the metalstorm (the usd item) is the help (convince) achieve the "win" in "pay2win" (the "win" is obtaining the item which you would call your end game (example the m4a3 again).
    So yeah I feel like there's a good difference from pay to win and pay for convenience.

I probably repeated myself a few times in the post; if I did sorry lmao.
    I repeat again:
    If you want op weapons, you have auctions ...
    Everyone who is here has spent money to get a weapon ....I do not know anyone who has not spent money ...

The m4a3 can be obtained easily, obviously cheating
    There is no control in spar ...