Thread: Bringing Basing back to GST.

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo

Bringing Basing back to GST.

Hey guys,

I've had this thought for awhile since basing was removed from GST contention, and I believe that basing carries a popular sentiment amongst all players, I think everyone has that one gang or player they'd spin themselves around, so, why not give this a shot?

Now, before you say 'basing involves no skill', that's not going to be my main emphasis of this proposition. My main paradigms are going to involve the notability of teamwork and effort to reach a stark contrast from what the typical GST gang is these days.

Seemingly, the GST these days has three types of players: your good/decent MPX sparrers, PC players, and past iEra players.

I agree with the fact that the GST is somewhat of a nostalgic celebration to a genre of competition that's cosmopolitan to anything we'll ever see on Era.

I think that basers express the idea that teamwork and effort make them above average. We've seen gangs fall based on their inept ranks, and in today's basing environment, this sentiment doesn't blare any less.

Reviving the basing paradigm to GST brings in your 'fan-favorites', the people who sit on your map and have essentially entrenched their names into your minds.

I dunno. Just something that baffles me. I'd like to hear an open discussion on this.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BL1NK View Post
    Hey guys,

I've had this thought for awhile since basing was removed from GST contention, and I believe that basing carries a popular sentiment amongst all players, I think everyone has that one gang or player they'd spin themselves around, so, why not give this a shot?

Now, before you say 'basing involves no skill', that's not going to be my main emphasis of this proposition. My main paradigms are going to involve the notability of teamwork and effort to reach a stark contrast from what the typical GST gang is these days.

Seemingly, the GST these days has three types of players: your good/decent MPX sparrers, PC players, and past iEra players.

I agree with the fact that the GST is somewhat of a nostalgic celebration to a genre of competition that's cosmopolitan to anything we'll ever see on Era.

I think that basers express the idea that teamwork and effort make them above average. We've seen gangs fall based on their inept ranks, and in today's basing environment, this sentiment doesn't blare any less.

Reviving the basing paradigm to GST brings in your 'fan-favorites', the people who sit on your map and have essentially entrenched their names into your minds.

I dunno. Just something that baffles me. I'd like to hear an open discussion on this.

We should make GST a 2 day festival and have more fan items. Also, there should be a basing gang section and a regular section if I understand what you are saying.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GrahfixCloud View Post
    We should make GST a 2 day festival and have more fan items. Also, there should be a basing gang section and a regular section if I understand what you are saying.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    I agree with this.. They should maybe make it 3.. Not everyone can sit 8 hours behind his/her desk just so they can participate.. Also it's very tiring for the casters.. Make it 3 days.. 2 for the qualification games and the last for the 3rd place and the grand finale
    Admins - - ERA

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by iHit View Post
    I agree with this.. They should maybe make it 3.. Not everyone can sit 8 hours behind his/her desk just so they can participate.. Also it's very tiring for the casters.. Make it 3 days.. 2 for the qualification games and the last for the 3rd place and the grand finale
    I agree with this, it'd be good to have people waiting for the next round, really gives it some suspense and keeps everything fresh.