Thread: Question About Mining

Question About Mining

If you're a level 44-99 miner, how much gralats do you make every hour? Obviously it’s a bad job at first, but I wanna see how much gralats you can get after actually putting time and effort into mining.

Banned
    Mining isn't really a bad job. You could get about 2k per hour depending on the minerals you obtained.

^ True. But my question was how much gralats can you earn each hour when you actually put time and effort into mining and getting to a high level (Specifically levels 44 - 99.)

The time it takes to level up will be different (Not sure by how much due to the balancing of jobs that occurred in 2018) but you can estimate an average by using the values in this guide (Yes I know it is old but this is the best estimate you can get at the moment). http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...ng-Level-Guide
    Calculate an average by: choosing a specific level between 44-99, adding a whole extra second to it to account for the potential time it takes to mine another rock, divide the total amount of rocks by 2/3 since you will end up losing about 1/3 of the rocks to nothing, multiply that result by 5 and that would be the average amount you would get.
    But just know, this is safe estimate. You might get more or less depending on your luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayden-Jair View Post
    The time it takes to level up will be different (Not sure by how much due to the balancing of jobs that occurred in 2018) but you can estimate an average by using the values in this guide (Yes I know it is old but this is the best estimate you can get at the moment). http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...ng-Level-Guide
    Calculate an average by: choosing a specific level between 44-99, adding a whole extra second to it to account for the potential time it takes to mine another rock, divide the total amount of rocks by 2/3 since you will end up losing about 1/3 of the rocks to nothing, multiply that result by 5 and that would be the average amount you would get.
    But just know, this is safe estimate. You might get more or less depending on your luck.
    Lol, you're pulling numbers out of your ***.

Each rock will produce about 3.8 gralats taken into account the failure rate of generating nothing.

While bobo's mining guide does assume that you mine perfectly every second, you can pretty much calculate the max/ hr and assume that the actual will be a bit less.

Also, profit is determined by how you define it. If you define it by number of rocks/ hr, the number will be a lot different than actual gralats/hr since I don't exactly know the trade value of rocks at tables.

Not to mention, you should also calculate the cost of the batteries themselves + drill (albeit you only need to buy it once).

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Lol, you're pulling numbers out of your ***.

Each rock will produce about 3.8 gralats taken into account the failure rate of generating nothing.

While bobo's mining guide does assume that you mine perfectly every second, you can pretty much calculate the max/ hr and assume that the actual will be a bit less.

Also, profit is determined by how you define it. If you define it by number of rocks/ hr, the number will be a lot different than actual gralats/hr since I don't exactly know the trade value of rocks at tables.

Not to mention, you should also calculate the cost of the batteries themselves + drill (albeit you only need to buy it once).
    Alright. My explanation took into the account the random variable of how much the mineral could be sold for (Generally 90% 3-5 gralat minerals and 10% 8-10 gralat minerals).

So long as the question on a good estimation on the amount of gralats that can be earned per Individual level between 44-99, I believe we have given the best answers to the question.

Chilling
    Each 1k rocks give you around 3000-5000 gralats ( I actually tried lots of time to get the exact number).
    You can get exactly the amount of your benefit based on the certain number of rocks you decided, but you can't caculate the amount of benefit between level 44-99 in average, and it also depends on how long you need to pick up 1 rock per level.

- - - Updated - - -

There are some percents of getting nothing too lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jayden-Jair View Post
    Alright. My explanation took into the account the random variable of how much the mineral could be sold for (Generally 90% 3-5 gralat minerals and 10% 8-10 gralat minerals).

So long as the question on a good estimation on the amount of gralats that can be earned per Individual level between 44-99, I believe we have given the best answers to the question.
    Lol, the number that I stated takes into account both the %-ages of the types of minerals/ gems that you can get and the likelihood of getting nothing.

Again, you're pulling numbers out of thin air by saying that the 3-5 gralat minerals are 90% and the 8-10 gralat minerals are 10% lmfaooo.

Also, you failed to address the time it takes to actually grind the rocks into minerals, which is in fact important if you consider the fact that the reality of mining is that it's a two step process of actually mining the rock and grinding it.

In addition, if we look at your supposed "best answer" to the OP's question of 1/3 failure rate & the supposed 5 gralats that you are supposed to multiply, 100 rocks by your calculations would net ~333.3 gralats, which is false, whereas my exact calculation would net around ~380 gralats.

Given that later levels require higher magnitudes of rocks to level up, this is significant in that your calculation would be off by a factor of 1.14, which when dealing with # of rocks upwards of 100k, would be massive.

This 1.14x error is significant and hence incorrect, making your statement that your calculation is the "best" answer invalid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mingi View Post
    Each 1k rocks give you around 3000-5000 gralats ( I actually tried lots of time to get the exact number).
    You can get exactly the amount of your benefit based on the certain number of rocks you decided, but you can't caculate the amount of benefit between level 44-99 in average, and it also depends on how long you need to pick up 1 rock per level.

- - - Updated - - -

There are some percents of getting nothing too lol
    1k rocks will net you on average 3800 gralats, not some ridiculous number like 5000 gralats. This is of course, not including the cost of buying batteries to recharge your drill, though I don't think people calculate the cost of the peals when they state the rate for pizza making.

The most accurate answer is (# of rocks you have) * ~3.8 = amount of gralats you can get from mining.

Hence, regardless of whatever level you are, once you figure out the rate at which you can get rocks (i.e. 1000 rocks/hr), you can then multiply by ~3.8 to get a better idea of how much theoretical money you are making per hour, not including the time it takes to convert the rocks into minerals.

The other point I made in my initial post is that rocks have an entirely different trade value at tables (the rate, which I do not know off the top of my head exactly), which means that if you're looking to trade rocks, you can just multiply the rate that you get rocks/hr with the value in gralats of the value at tables (i.e. 1:1.5 tro, just a random ratio).

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Lol, the number that I stated takes into account both the %-ages of the types of minerals/ gems that you can get and the likelihood of getting nothing.

Again, you're pulling numbers out of thin air by saying that the 3-5 gralat minerals are 90% and the 8-10 gralat minerals are 10% lmfaooo.

Also, you failed to address the time it takes to actually grind the rocks into minerals, which is in fact important if you consider the fact that the reality of mining is that it's a two step process of actually mining the rock and grinding it.

In addition, if we look at your supposed "best answer" to the OP's question of 1/3 failure rate & the supposed 5 gralats that you are supposed to multiply, 100 rocks by your calculations would net ~333.3 gralats, which is false, whereas my exact calculation would net around ~380 gralats.

Given that later levels require higher magnitudes of rocks to level up, this is significant in that your calculation would be off by a factor of 1.14, which when dealing with # of rocks upwards of 100k, would be massive.

This 1.14x error is significant and hence incorrect, making your statement that your calculation is the "best" answer invalid.
    Excellent. I'll make sure to consider more variables when making these calculations.