Thread: tipping

tipping

I got *****ed at from a bartender because i didn't tip. I only bought 2 beers and got them at the bar (had to grab beer myself) all she had to do was pour the beer and hand it to me.. Do you guys tip bartenders? Also a pint was 8$

Idk tipping here for anything isn’t necessarily. They have a salary lol

Tipping isn't a thing here where I live.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BeardPup View Post
    I got *****ed at from a bartender because i didn't tip. I only bought 2 beers and got them at the bar (had to grab beer myself) all she had to do was pour the beer and hand it to me.. Do you guys tip bartenders? Also a pint was 8$
    A) Many of us are too young to drink and a good portion of us plan to never drink.
    B)Tipping is optional and it's just another way to say "Thank you for the good service."
    C) If you wanna tip, just leave two bucks to save yourself the math. Unless you're in Mexico, Egypt, Or Japan as two bucks of that nation's currency means nothing. And if you're in Lebanon, just forget about tipping as there's some serious inflation going on over there.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by BeardPup View Post
    Depends where you’re at. If your service is good, leave 18%, if it was alright, leave 15% and if it wasn’t so great leave 10%. Somepeople double the tax. If your service wasn’t great at all you don’t need to tip, but some people do expect it. We as servers, remember who tips well and who doesn’t, so if you tipped good last time, believe me, everyone will try to serve your table and you will most likely get an amazing service.

While imaginary is partially correct, in the US it is really necessary. Most of us make the minimum and some make less than minimum because we make tips. A lot of servers and bartenders work for the tip.

I personally don’t do anything to customers if I get a bad tip because that’s just wrong lol but it is very upsetting at times. I will also mention that a lot of servers and bartenders dislike serving people between 15-25 because they mostly don’t tip and younger ones don’t have the best manners lol.

But yes, in short, if you got a good service tip. Even two dollars will make a difference, if your service was very bad don’t.